28 years supporting the club

47 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

And this is comfortably (and I mean comfortably) the worst Wednesday side I’ve ever seen.

Worse than 03/04 & 2010/2011. At least in those eras we were capable of having a few decent attempts on target in a match 

This group spend 90 mins hoofing the ball aimlessly whenever they are in possession. That is not down to TP, it was happening long before he joined. 

We have no passages of play, absolutely zero identity. 90% of them don’t look like footballers, and that is not an exaggeration.

What a hell of a job this is. I reckon even TP didn’t think it was this bad 

A proper ‘see it to believe it’ moment 

Honestly can’t see us scoring more than 20 goals.

Relegation by February. We are already getting cut adrift.

Norwich and Reading next lol 

You’ve not been supporting them long enough..

:tango:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Missed out on the magnificent 70’s then. That’s the bench mark for terrible and what I saw today was a performance Big Jack would have been happy with. I’ll settle for that for now. 

I know !!  We can't even fight amongst ourselves on the Kop these days !!!!  Those were the days !!!!  lol

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Missed out on the magnificent 70’s then. That’s the bench mark for terrible and what I saw today was a performance Big Jack would have been happy with. I’ll settle for that for now. 

Please don’t bring Jack into this.

Before he arrived we were on the brink of the old Div 4.

This lot are a poor bunch by any standards in this league, but Pulis needs to be given a chance. He knows what he’s inherited, he’s experienced enough to sort this out in January.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Interestingly Derby, Wycombe, Coventry and Rotherham all also drew today. All had more possession, more shots, more shots on target than SWFC.  I refuse to accept any of them have a better squad than us. You don’t have to play negative, safety first formations and rely on set pieces to score to compete in this league and get results.  

Jozwiak, Ibe,  Kazim-Richards,  Godden, Walker, Lapado , Waghorn, Kashket 

All would get a game up front for us and be better than what we've got to pick from up there.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Pulis has inherited a group of players far worse than what Monk has. 

I still think we will finish higher than last season. Not saying much I know, but I expect some good signings in January and I think we will go on a good run from then on. 

Keep the faith UTO

We're in a similar scenario again though with half a squad out of contract at the end of the year (and seemingly not interested or capable of fighting for a new one) and needing an entire new first XI.  Pulis might be good but I just don't see how he gets ANOTHER 40 points out of this squad, even with 3-4 signings in January.

Just not bothered...

ive been going 37 years and 100% this is the worst side in that time. you just knew after 5mins that we could play for 10hours and wont be scoring. carlos and monk signed absolute dross . if you take rhodes out of it who aint done nothing for 5years then the whole squad has less than 100 goals in there careers put together ,nobody can cross a ball , we play 1 up front and thats no striker whatsoever ,bannan just dont rate his quality  forward balls is awful . 

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've been telling people this for months now

It's the worst Championship side we've ever assembled

Worse than the days of Taylor Fletcher and co.

It’s bad and the squad is limited talent wise.  We’ve got to pull together and hope Pulis can turn it around.  

Whatever my views on Pulis’ style of football I have no doubt he won’t succeed through lack of effort.  Seems like a determined old sod to me and maybe just maybe we need someone made of granite to turn this around.

3 games into his tenure.  Come on let’s all rally around the team.  If we go down with the team then let’s go down fighting.

4 minutes ago, westys understudy said:

True but we've never really had a pulis or Bruce in charge who won't stand for any interference or anything other than his own way........within reason

tbf it was a very understated start under Bruce, yet he guided us to safety and acquired Hector who made a big difference. Maybe Pulis too will surprise us in the window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freshfish said:

Finally, someone talking sense.