Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one

Just now, davey_wells said:

The thing that heartens me about Pulis aside from the likelihood he'll improve immediate results is how he'll inject a real structure our play and very clear roles for the players.  

This is 100% true

That's exactly what he does

Defenders for instance  - they know their roles 100%  clearly. To kick the ball as hard as they can upfield

Midfielders have absolute clarity of their role - to whack the ball as hard as they can upfield

Everyone knows exactly what is expected of them

To kick the ball as hard as they can upfield

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Serious question time

QUESTION to all fans who think we should employ Tony Pulis : how many warnings, examples and testimonies from fans who have have to endure his 'football' are you willing to completely ignore in your quest to celebrate his appointment as the new Sheffield Wednesday manager? How many?

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Serious question time

QUESTION to all fans who think we should employ Tony Pulis : how many warnings, examples and testimonies from fans who have have to endure his 'football' are you willing to completely ignore in your quest to celebrate his appointment as the new Sheffield Wednesday manager? How many?

Let's just say he is well down my list of choices.

18 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

The thing is, Chansiri has never taken a chance before - aside from getting Carlos in.

All subsequent appointments have been of a very similar ilk, albeit within that set there were managers of varying gravitas.

The thing that heartens me about Pulis aside from the likelihood he'll improve immediate results is how he'll inject a real structure our play and very clear roles for the players.  I have a feeling a lot of our players need that structure - need to have clear roles and simply do their job. Reach has been thrown around literally left, right and centre rather than being given strict authority to simply bang in theose crosses from the left where he excels.  

I'd expect to see a left-back join on a free - I just dont see any of our squad bar Palmer suitable there in Pulis world.

Midfield worries me.

Oof, I'd call Jos a bit of a 'chance' 🤔🤔

19 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Bruce wasn't on a 1 year deal, don't think Carlos was either. Think the Brucey thing stung DC to go rolling one year for Monk. All reports suggest it's a 2 and half Yr for Pulis!! 

Yea cc I think I remember it being reported 1 year rolling and dc wouldn't say in the interview when pressed . Bruce was the exception yea I was going to say that but hes high profile

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Serious question time

Another question is would DC know that or consider any of that and would it give him any last minute second thoughts? Would it make any difference to DC, considering how unpopular Pulis and his brand of anti-football is or will he ignore that? Much in a way he ignored Monk's style of football after saying he disliked Bruce's style of football. Personally, I hope DC has second thoughts and decides to make a more exciting or forward thinking appointment. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Serious question time

Nothing you post or anything else will stop me wishing him well and hoping the best for him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Serious question time

I don’t think we should employ TP - I wouldn’t! Eddie Howe yes, Ryan Lowe yes, but not TP. However we should support the manager whoever he is until he moves on to greener pastures- mainly because we can do little else! At this stage anyone is a gamble, it’s just a matter of the size of the odds..

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Another question is would DC know that or consider any of that and would it give him any last minute second thoughts? Would it make any difference to DC, considering how unpopular Pulis and his brand of anti-football is or will he ignore that? Much in a way he ignored Monk's style of football after saying he disliked Bruce's style of football. Personally, I hope DC has second thoughts and decides to make a more exciting or forward thinking appointment. 

Would he listen to angry disgruntled fans on Owlstalk who make up a very small proportion of our fan base? Probably not 

Appointing Tony is our modern day Jack Charlton appointment.

This is the start of our revival. The wheels have started to turn, we will be on an upward trajectory whilst the blades are starting to slide.

We will regain our rightful position in the elite league and top dogs in our city.

Get your money on us for promotion next season.

• Like 3

What does anyone seriously think Ryan Lowe would achieve here ?    Nowhere near enough experience to take a club like this on, he would be best advised to keep learning his trade 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

What does anyone seriously think Ryan Lowe would achieve here ?    Nowhere near enough experience to take a club like this on, he would be best advised to keep learning his trade 

I agree, I’d love nothing more than for Lowe to come here and do really well, but we’re not suited to him at all right now. The fact is we are a mess and in a situation that the likes of Pulis thrive on

21 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Would he listen to angry disgruntled fans on Owlstalk who make up a very small proportion of our fan base? Probably not 

Aye, probably not, it's across Facebook and Twitter too but he's gone with and against the fans feelings before but my thinking is that he should be aware of the negativity surrounding Pulis' reputation or style of football and management.

It was said, he was close to getting the job or was considered last time but instead DC went for the equally dull football of Monk. It just seems like a choice that will be divisive but DC is the owner, he lacks footballing knowledge and hasn't brought in any footballing people to help him run the club better and whoever he appoints it's difficult to see it being a success with how we're run as a club. 

Edited by The Night-Owl