Brentford bid for Bannan

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Hunt is a real player. You stick Luongo next to him, those two will be a good combination in the middle, and will get up and down the park more than we do with BB. 

I agree with this. Luongo Hunt and Brown would be pretty decent I reckon. I really rate Hunt but can’t see him playing next to Bannan 

7 hours ago, LoanRanger said:

As much as it hurts to say, they'll get there before us. It's not new news but the below is incredible. 

Can only hope if we can somehow stay up this season our new transfer policy from next year on can move closer toward this, which is why I'm so keen for us to sign Sanderson if we can.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-14 at 22.44.17.jpeg

Which is why I don’t get why more teams including us aren’t putting this in place?

Why haven’t we got a recruitment team that can pull this together? We’re apparently flush in cash - the ROI on these deals are 1:10 - it’s best investment DC could make 

Bannan for me is a luxury player that we don’t have the luxury of having. In a team that dictates play and has a ton of possession Bannan is superb. What he’s good at, his positive attributes - he’s great at! The trouble is, what he’s bad at he’s really bad at and in our current plight we don’t get the best out of him and instead are often forced to watch him doing what he’s not so good at. 

We typically bypass midfield now by going long, or get it out to the wings quickly. Watching Bannan scrap for second balls, headers, track opposition runners or attempt to play quick counterattacks is as painful as it is wonderful watching him with time and space to play clever short passes back when we had a better team. 

I’d swap Bannan with plenty of worse players that have better all round ability and I think it would probably benefit the team overall, at least the way we are playing at the moment. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Bannan for me is a luxury player that we don’t have the luxury of having. In a team that dictates play and has a ton of possession Bannan is superb. What he’s good at, his positive attributes - he’s great at! The trouble is, what he’s bad at he’s really bad at and in our current plight we don’t get the best out of him and instead are often forced to watch him doing what he’s not so good at. 

We typically bypass midfield now by going long, or get it out to the wings quickly. Watching Bannan scrap for second balls, headers, track opposition runners or attempt to play quick counterattacks is as painful as it is wonderful watching him with time and space to play clever short passes back when we had a better team. 

I’d swap Bannan with plenty of worse players that have better all round ability and I think it would probably benefit the team overall, at least the way we are playing at the moment. 

Totally agree. We’ve already got his replacement. It’s joey time

Guest Grandad

Jesus

I've only read this page

Looking forward to seeing Joey fill the gap Bannan will leave. You guys get exactly what you deserve

Edited by Grandad

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Totally agree. We’ve already got his replacement. It’s joey time

We were literally both typing at the same time

Agree losing BB without a very good replacement and our failure to land a decent striker would, in my opinion, make this one of our poorest windows for a long time. Our first team would be considerably weakened. In a season when we start on minus 12.

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Murphy coming back doesn't hinge on whether we sell Bannan, he's more likely not to come back if we sell Bannan as he can see which way the ship will be steering for the remainder of the season, we need a striker anyway and £1 as you said for Bannan shouldn't hinge on that, which young PL midfielder will suddenly decide in the next 36 hours that a move to SWFC, a side on minus points who play awful football is a good career choice? 

Brentford don't need to worry about the resale value of one player who would cost them next to nothing - their recent income has been shown in this thread and if they get someone who is calm in possession and can start moves to get their mobile forward players into good positions then it could be just what they need. 

We cant just spend cash - you do realise that dont you (its not Football Manager) we actually have to generate funds to spend. Whether this funding is spent on a fee or wages. When you say us getting players back doesnt hinge on certain things I think you are a little naive. Especially in the current situation clubs will be cutting costs left, right, and centre. We are not a club in a position to start rejecting offers that are financially beneficial. A problem that we have at this club is 'over valuing assets' due to sentiment - BB is a good player, does he suit our style of play, I would say no. Has he been starting moves that get the forwards going, I would also say not as much as he used too.

The PL teams will have decided now who they want to retain and who they are looking to loan out, so yes there will be movement on deadline day - thats what happens. Some moves will be obvious, some will surprise. Hopefully we are looking at bringing in a few last minute deals to bolster the squad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Which is why I don’t get why more teams including us aren’t putting this in place?

Why haven’t we got a recruitment team that can pull this together? We’re apparently flush in cash - the ROI on these deals are 1:10 - it’s best investment DC could make 

Unfortunately it ain't that easy. They must be the only team in the league who are able to consistently manage this? It's so impressive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Jesus

I've only read this page

Looking forward to seeing Joey fill the gap Bannan will leave. You guys get exactly what you deserve

Not sure even Monk values Pelupessy to that extent, I think he is an emergency backup and wages probably to match.

I personally would allow Bannan to leave.   30 years old, no resale value and assume we stay up and he decides to renew, at 31 he's not going to be someone we should be building a side around.    If we go down, even worse and he won't stay anyway so may as well get some experience into the likes of Shaw and Hunt.     We will get a pittance for Bannan right now but save some decent money in wages - and that is the thing that's crippling Wednesday - The wage bill.

Edited by HarryPlopper
  • Like 1