Free agents.

Irvine and Maddison would be good. 

Maddison could go one of two ways if he came here kind. He could be the kind of twatttt every team fighting relegation needs. Proper wind up merchant like Maguire.

Or, if the rumours on his attitude are correct, he could swan about the pitch giving less of a poo.

If we do lose Lee then Irvine would be a good replacement.

12 hours ago, room0035 said:

Jackson Irvine , Marcus Maddison. Both good players before going to hull both if played correctly would be good for us.

I would make Luton an offer for Jones, he would easy get double figures for us. 

Would also try and get Bez Labala scored 13 goals in 32 games last season in league one.

We have to add goals to the team as well as energy from youth.

Reach, Bannan, Lees all in final year of deals if we are not resigning them, then accept offers, we cannot afford to see more players leave for frees.

Good post and Labala is a great shout. We cant keep losing players for nothing. Sell them now if were not extending.

Who is Jones at Luton ??

15 hours ago, swinners said:

I always liked Lee peltier and feel that Jackson Irvine would be a good addition.  Apart from those two (some are unrealistic) there's not much about is there? 

Wanted us to sign Irvine when he was still at Burton when we were wasting money on such as  Jones and abdi. 

Seemed strong, tough got stuck in and had an eye for goal, but seems to have gone backwards as a player since then. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, room0035 said:

Jackson Irvine , Marcus Maddison. Both good players before going to hull both if played correctly would be good for us.

I would make Luton an offer for Jones, he would easy get double figures for us. 

Would also try and get Bez Labala scored 13 goals in 32 games last season in league one.

We have to add goals to the team as well as energy from youth.

Reach, Bannan, Lees all in final year of deals if we are not resigning them, then accept offers, we cannot afford to see more players leave for frees.

Leeds gave lees away on a free 5 years ago, good luck getting an offer for him. The wage he is on we would have to pay someone to take him off our hands. 

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Good post and Labala is a great shout. We cant keep losing players for nothing. Sell them now if were not extending.

Who is Jones at Luton ??

Sorry a senior moment James Collins not Jones did well last season and won't cost the world last year of his contract and has scored goals at every club and league he has played in.

The sort of rough gem that we need could get us 10+ in a season if not more with decent service. Will give us a lot more than Rhodes has.

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

Leeds gave lees away on a free 5 years ago, good luck getting an offer for him. The wage he is on we would have to pay someone to take him off our hands. 

But this excuse is wheeled out all the time why we never sell players or get transfer out.

Every other team in this country and Europe buy and SELL players, every player has a price and a lot of teams will be interested in players we have, the problem is the silly fee being quoted by those in charge. 

Lees has many season of experience playing in the championship, most teams at this level would want a player of his ability the problem is someone gave him the captains arm band and he has been a shadow of the player he was since.

Either we resign him to a longer deal than 11 months or we sell him, as I stated previously we cannot have players on good wages sat not playing, equally if players do not resign to longer than 1 year deals sell them while they still have some value.

7 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

Irvine and Maddison would be good. 

Maddison could go one of two ways if he came here kind. He could be the kind of twatttt every team fighting relegation needs. Proper wind up merchant like Maguire.

Or, if the rumours on his attitude are correct, he could swan about the pitch giving less of a poo.

If we do lose Lee then Irvine would be a good replacement.

The thing is his record at peterboro is amazing he played for 5 season - in that period he was probably the most consistent midfielder in the country. I know he is playing in league one but his record in league one with Peterboro in the league

212 appearance, 52 goals, 76 assists, averages 78 minutes a game. butting thee stats over a season of 46 games he averages 11 goals and 16 assists

It went wrong for him at Hull these things happen, but with a record like above and available on a free transfer, 26 years old so should still be improving.

For me its a no brainer for this type of player, if we getting playing half as well as he did at Peterboro and we will be selling him next season for a lot more than we paid for him.

But most likely we instead will sign some kids who have never played any first team football or pay a fortune for unfit players to come in on loan.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But this excuse is wheeled out all the time why we never sell players or get transfer out.

Every other team in this country and Europe buy and SELL players, every player has a price and a lot of teams will be interested in players we have, the problem is the silly fee being quoted by those in charge. 

Lees has many season of experience playing in the championship, most teams at this level would want a player of his ability the problem is someone gave him the captains arm band and he has been a shadow of the player he was since.

Either we resign him to a longer deal than 11 months or we sell him, as I stated previously we cannot have players on good wages sat not playing, equally if players do not resign to longer than 1 year deals sell them while they still have some value.

Wages are a problem, unfortunately nobody will match what we are paying Lees, Rhodes etc. Especially post Covid. 

I agree we need to start looking at moving players on before running their deals out, Bannan for example could have some value now but I think will leave for nothing next year. Would selling him now be able to fund Maddison, Irvine and a loan midfielder? Would that be worth it? 

4 hours ago, 83owl said:

Wages are a problem, unfortunately nobody will match what we are paying Lees, Rhodes etc. Especially post Covid. 

I agree we need to start looking at moving players on before running their deals out, Bannan for example could have some value now but I think will leave for nothing next year. Would selling him now be able to fund Maddison, Irvine and a loan midfielder? Would that be worth it? 

Bannan is a great player but we do not use him correctly - he spends most of last season playing as a defensive midfielder when he should have been playing as the link-up between midfield and attack.

So do we keep him with the hope the manager and the team best utilise him, or do we sell him and use the money to reinvest in 2 or 3 players elsewhere where we need them.

Answer on a postcard to ……. lol