Mr Chansiri what will your legacy be?

40 minutes ago, Donny El said:

Sheffield Wednesday will not even register on his legacy. We are a side show a distraction a play thing you might say insignificant to what else he has going on in his life. We are just a business that has failed to get any glory for a few years the same as 90% of other clubs in the UK 

Chansiri is a loaded bloke but surely £100m is not just loose change to him.
Sure having his time over again he would touch buying a football club with a barge poll.

He aint going nowhere, yes he's made jaw dropping mistakes especially with recruitment and pricing, not just Match day tickets and season tickets but most of the clubs official merchandise.

He's been here for 5 years and put in a lot of money with no real return both on the pitch and off it too (that cake was a humdinger). Apart from the Carlos era he's had next to nothing as way of support from a big part of the fan base and he seems to be making the gulf between himself and the supporters wider as time goes on (Although the Covid 19 epidemic has not helped.

Here's are a few points that he needs to address to start the upward curve again

1) He needs to surround himself with football people who he can trust to point him in the right direction ( And I don't mean agents etc.. I mean people who have played or coached in the modern game.

2) He needs to shake Garry Monk's had and send him down the road, then take on board what the above have to offer to appoint the right person/people to take charge. ( I believed Steve Bruce was that man but he had to take the offer from his boyhood club)

3) I have no time for fans's groups/trusts, Just my opinion, but he needs to restructure all pricing matters, from the pens in the superstore to the executive boxes and season tickets. I think one of DC's biggest problems when he took over was the culture shock of not only the fans but the city as a whole, we're a mainly  ingrained industrial, working class fan base and he didn't take into account that most of us South Yorkshire folk don't have a lot and don't get rid of it so easily which alienated a majority of the fan base.

4) All of our youth and academy set up needs improving, our record of bringing new talent through and seeing them succeed is embarrassing over the years, a total rebuild of Middlewood Road or even better a fit for purpose all new training ground is needed.

5) Hillsborough itself, opinions vary about our ground, IMO the very least is that the west stand is knocked down and replaced with a new two tier stand (Maybe call it the Jack Charlton Stand?). My option is tat we leave Hillsborough for a new modern stadium (Just my opinion)

And lastly to achieve all that will not only take time but heavy investment, there's no point in going into it half-arsed, when he came into the club he made his intentions clear, he wants a Premier League club, I believe his intentions were good but in all honesty he failed, now is the start of a new dawn, draw a line under this season (No matter which division we're in) and go again, all we ask as fans is he does it the right way this time and listens to his qualified team around him.

OR, he could just run us into the ground like the Hull city Chairman/owner seems to be doing.

DC has made mistakes I agree but compared to the era under Dave Allen I would take DC every day of the week.   We could get another owner in and up in the position of Wigan or Newcastle.  Careful what you wish for.   We just need to regroup, wait a few years to allow the extravagant spending to go past the current P&S rules then go again with lessons learnt. 

12 hours ago, Morepork said:

Releg8 and D-lusional to name but two..... lol

12 hours ago, Morepork said:

Releg8 and D-lusional to name but two..... lol

Edited by Serlbyowl
Clicked wrong, very clever that Morepork, I see what you did there!