Mr Chansiri what will your legacy be?

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Chansiri is still here so its impossible for us to say what his 'legacy' will be until a few years after he has left.

No it isn’t 

Think about David Attenborough for example

We already know what his legacy will be when he passes

Its perfectly fine and normal to be able to predict a legacy before someone’s time has ended

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No it isn’t 

Think about David Attenborough for example

We already know what his legacy will be when he passes

Its perfectly fine and normal to be able to predict a legacy before someone’s time has ended

Different environments have different levels of unpredictability. Some things can change on a whim. You can go from rock bottom to the top or vice versa. It could be said that Chansiri's legacy as we see it so far hinged on one game, a play off final. I think it is about 90:10 likely now that Chansiri's legacy will be a negative one but I cannot predict how that may change in the future.

Edited by ChinaOwl

2 hours ago, Onge said:

A day out at Wembley and a terrible club badge. Oh, and £43 a ticket to watch Bristol City.

Surely the £43 is to watch Sheffield Wednesday? When I go to matches it’s to watch the team I support, not the opposition.

2 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Surely the £43 is to watch Sheffield Wednesday? When I go to matches it’s to watch the team I support, not the opposition.

If that was true we'd have the same attendance numbers at every game and not bigger crowds for bigger teams coming

Owlstalk Shop

We could all start by stop hero worshipping owners, they are all here to make money. Made me cringe when people had a Manderic love in banner.

One day sincerely hope football clubs are owned by the fans, sadly that's probably never going to happen.

Hate football clubs being owned by egotistical rich, there all the same, DC no exception.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Asio otus said:

We could all start by stop hero worshipping owners, they are all here to make money. Made me cringe when people had a Manderic love in banner.

One day sincerely hope football clubs are owned by the fans, sadly that's probably never going to happen.

Hate football clubs being owned by egotistical rich, there all the same, DC no exception.

Unfortunately you need a mega rich owner to compete in football now!

And yes I would have thought all mega rich owners are egotistical otherwise they wouldn't buy a club that they have no historic connection to, its the new status symbol for them a, they all want a premier league football club!

As for the hero worshipping, He'll be a hero when he puts us in the premier league!

10 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

We could all start by stop hero worshipping owners, they are all here to make money.

I don't think that is true. Any serious investor that wanted to make money would not be doing so in football. There are plenty of more secure investments that could be chosen and football is one of the best ways to spaff money up the wall. The majority are in it for egotistical purposes in as much as regardless how successful they may be in business, it is through football that they actually achieve a bit of fame. Though very much the exception, you can come across owners that have genuine connections or attachment to a club and come across as not being egotistical at all. The most obvious example being Jack Walker. Sadly, Sheffield Wednesday are unlikely to ever see his like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

It could be said that Chansiri's legacy as we see it so far hinged on one game, a play off final. 

Do you honestly believe Chansiri would have acted wisely in the transfer market if we had won that match. The thought of the ludicrous contracts and transfer fees we would have spaffed on has beens and never weres is terrifying. Oh and Hull are doing so well now aren't they. See also Huddersfield! 

• Like 1

Sheffield Wednesday will not even register on his legacy. We are a side show a distraction a play thing you might say insignificant to what else he has going on in his life. We are just a business that has failed to get any glory for a few years the same as 90% of other clubs in the UK 

1 minute ago, Jaybeeowl said:

Do you honestly believe Chansiri would have acted wisely in the transfer market if we had won that match. The thought of the ludicrous contracts and transfer fees we would have spaffed on has beens and never weres is terrifying. Oh and Hull are doing so well now aren't they. See also Huddersfield! 

But you don't know what the alternative outcomes would have been. Promotion would have made a hell of a difference. Chansiri may have decided to move the club onto someone else. Other family members of the Chansiri family may have taken a greater interest in the club as a Premier League outfit. Anything could have happened and, in all honesty, anything can still happen. On the balance of probability, Chansiri will eventually leave the club having lost a considerable amount of money but other alternatives are still possible. 

We are at a crossroads with Chansiri at the helm.

He could actually turn it around though, as hard as that may seem.

If we see out the forthcoming trouble with ffp and manage to stay in the championship this and next season (if a points deduction is coming) and start again, all the big wages will have gone, we would have a clean bill of health with ffp, hopefully DC would have learned his lesson, got rid of the stuffing man and others, and bring in a proper director of football and you never know. 

Hopefully DC will be ambitious enough to have another crack at it.

Football changes quickly