Transfer update- Nothing to report!

On 24/01/2020 at 09:29, LittleG said:

Didn't you read what Monk said, it's not always that straightforward. It's the same every Jan and not just at our club; many many deals are done in the last few days. Let's just be patient and see what happens. 

Yes I did and I don’t fully buy into it 

if that’s the case I wouldn’t employ scouts, negotiators, recruitment teams etc.... all year round I’d just employ them from the month before the transfer window 

business can be done ( not all but done can be done ) it’s the jobs of those we employ to identify, negotiate, and secure the deals. That for me is black and white and if they can not deliver them for me they fail and I ask why do we pay them a wage 

if we’re saying all our business will be done if any on the last day and our targets will keep changing I say we don’t need them I really don’t understand what they do 

anybody can sit there and make 4th, 5th, 6th choice signings on transfer deadline day 

we don’t need to employ of full team to do that I’d rather spend that resource on the academy 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

if that’s the case I wouldn’t employ scouts, negotiators, recruitment teams etc.... all year round I’d just employ them from the month before the transfer window 

business can be done ( not all but done can be done ) it’s the jobs of those we employ to identify, negotiate, and secure the deals. That for me is black and white and if they can not deliver them for me they fail and I ask why do we pay them a wage 

if we’re saying all our business will be done if any on the last day and our targets will keep changing I say we don’t need them I really don’t understand what they do 

anybody can sit there and make 4th, 5th, 6th choice signings on transfer deadline day 

we don’t need to employ of full team to do that I’d rather spend that resource on the academy 

Just buy whoever Brentford are after.

Sorted.

12 minutes ago, fpowl said:

You're telling us that you neither recognise or accept the complications that are involved. Players, Managers, Agents, Owners and Scouts all have their own agenda and the prospective acquiring club have little influence on the outcome. Players and Agents rule the roost and that will remain the case unless there is legislative change. 

Guest LittleG
37 minutes ago, fpowl said:

If you believe that, that's fine it's your opinion. I just don't think it's as simplistic as you state; identifying a target and then securing a deal. If it was as simple as that all clubs would be doing it that way. Monk has not been here all that long but I'm sure in the last few weeks he's identified what we need; but all deals aren't straightforward, I'm sure there are a few things that could scupper them. We are not cash happy so are restricted in that sense. We may end up with our 3rd or 4th choice but that will be down to circumstances we may have no control over. 

21 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

You're telling us that you neither recognise or accept the complications that are involved. Players, Managers, Agents, Owners and Scouts all have their own agenda and the prospective acquiring club have little influence on the outcome. Players and Agents rule the roost and that will remain the case unless there is legislative change. 

Yes I do recognise that 

my point is very simple if this is the case why do we employ so many people all year round to complete these transfers if were only going to complete them on the last day 

first day of the window Blackpool signed thorniley from us 

that deal would have been started weeks/ months before. It was negotiated and agreed so it could be completed on the first off the month

if we are saying we can not identify and negotiate and complete a transfer because everybody waits late on in the window i say we either fail as a recruitment team to negotiate and complete or their roles are surplus to requirement unless the transfer window is open 

from what I get from what the club say is it’s pointless employing these people because the likelihood of actually making an identified target when the window opens is very unlikely and by the time we actually make a signing at the end of the window we are some way off our original targets 

basically why do we need them I’d rather have more coaches through a structure 

it’s a very simple question 

this window like every January the purpose of our recruitment team is un effective so why have them 

just being them in when needed 

I seen no point in employing those people from when the window closes through to the end of November because what ever they are doing or working on doesn’t seem to come off  

26 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Yes I do recognise that 

my point is very simple if this is the case why do we employ so many people all year round to complete these transfers if were only going to complete them on the last day 

first day of the window Blackpool signed thorniley from us 

that deal would have been started weeks/ months before. It was negotiated and agreed so it could be completed on the first off the month

if we are saying we can not identify and negotiate and complete a transfer because everybody waits late on in the window i say we either fail as a recruitment team to negotiate and complete or their roles are surplus to requirement unless the transfer window is open 

from what I get from what the club say is it’s pointless employing these people because the likelihood of actually making an identified target when the window opens is very unlikely and by the time we actually make a signing at the end of the window we are some way off our original targets 

basically why do we need them I’d rather have more coaches through a structure 

it’s a very simple question 

this window like every January the purpose of our recruitment team is un effective so why have them 

just being them in when needed 

I seen no point in employing those people from when the window closes through to the end of November because what ever they are doing or working on doesn’t seem to come off  

Think you partially answered your own question there. :ph34r:

28 minutes ago, LittleG said:

If you believe that, that's fine it's your opinion. I just don't think it's as simplistic as you state; identifying a target and then securing a deal. If it was as simple as that all clubs would be doing it that way. Monk has not been here all that long but I'm sure in the last few weeks he's identified what we need; but all deals aren't straightforward, I'm sure there are a few things that could scupper them. We are not cash happy so are restricted in that sense. We may end up with our 3rd or 4th choice but that will be down to circumstances we may have no control over. 

So my point stands if that’s the case why do we employ so many people all year round if it’s unrealistic to get these deals done. Surely we can set a committee up at the end of November and start the process through December and throughout January 

what do these people do from August - when the window opens that justifies a salary if our targets and all the variables are going to throw all that out. If we know that their employment through this period is redundant and could be spent on coaching or other means that will have an impact on how we perform. 

what I’m saying is we are justifying not making any signings due to variables my point is it’s the job of everyone involved in recruitment to counter this and make them happen. If what we are saying is that’s not possible because of the variables then my point is there jobs are not warranted all year round 

what do these people do on a daily weekly basis because from what I understand or trying to make sense of it doesn’t matter because until the window opens because it’s that unstable and there’s so many things that can effect bringing a player in it’s pointless employing them until the windows open 

my question what was these guys doing in October September November and December where we have benefited from there employment and I’m guessing we will see the same results next January 

we should have a summer recruitment team and a January one we don’t need them employed all year round because it’s not effective to do so unless I’m massively missing something 

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Think you partially answered your own question there. :ph34r:

Yes I did so my point if we can not identify, negotiate and recruit effectively because of the market or because of our ability to do so it’s not the question it’s about the recruitment then we don’t need to employ people through months when we can’t trade it’s not effective 

Guest LittleG
Just now, fpowl said:

So my point stands if that’s the case why do we employ so many people all year round if it’s unrealistic to get these deals done. Surely we can set a committee up at the end of November and start the process through December and throughout January 

what do these people do from August - when the window opens that justifies a salary if our targets and all the variables are going to throw all that out. If we know that their employment through this period is redundant and could be spent on coaching or other means that will have an impact on how we perform. 

what I’m saying is we are justifying not making any signings due to variables my point is it’s the job of everyone involved in recruitment to counter this and make them happen. If what we are saying is that’s not possible because of the variables then my point is there jobs are not warranted all year round 

what do these people do on a daily weekly basis because from what I understand or trying to make sense of it doesn’t matter because until the window opens because it’s that unstable and there’s so many things that can effect bringing a player in it’s pointless employing them until the windows open 

my question what was these guys doing in October September November and December where we have benefited from there employment and I’m guessing we will see the same results next January 

we should have a summer recruitment team and a January one we don’t need them employed all year round because it’s not effective to do so unless I’m massively missing something 

Can't be arsed anymore. We've both expressed our opinions, we're not going to agree so let's leave it there. Have a good one. 

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

Can't be arsed anymore. We've both expressed our opinions, we're not going to agree so let's leave it there. Have a good one. 

It’s not about being arsed I’m not having a pop I’m genuinely interested into why we do this 

and why people defend what happens it’s common acceptance everybody signs players at the end and targets change drastically throughout the window so any prep work goes out the window ( no pun intended ) so why do we waste money on prepping surely there has to be a benefit in it and I don’t see it 

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Can some f.ooker please check if we actually opened a f.ookin' window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep it's open.......................................nothing out there though.

tumblr_nqzr07jcwA1ua7p4vo1_500.gif

On 22/01/2020 at 14:35, Inspector Lestrade said:

Are clubs allowed to setup the transfer well before the window opens?   Then finalise it at the start of the window.  So we don't have this will they won't they situation?

Club is trying really hard to bring in loans.......apparently. Would not be surprised at all if DC comes out in a few months and explains that we are touching cloth FFP-wise and we are under a self-imposed embargo.

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6