Transfer update- Nothing to report!

Be more worried if the same is being said this time next week. Personally though I don’t think anything will happen until the last day or 2. Just hope we do manage to get a couple of deals sorted because the thought of having to watch a choice of Winnall, Rhodes or Nuhiu upfront much longer is worrying. 

48 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Be more worried if the same is being said this time next week. Personally though I don’t think anything will happen until the last day or 2. Just hope we do manage to get a couple of deals sorted because the thought of having to watch a choice of Winnall, Rhodes or Nuhiu upfront much longer is worrying. 

More than worrying! Relying on those 3 for half of the season will turn us into relegation candidates for sure!

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
15 hours ago, fpowl said:

Yes and this is what baffles me 

we have scouts and recruitment teams, analysts and negotiators 

they all work all year round so why is there not more lined up for when then January window opens 

I understand a few teams have a change in circumstances which may change targets and transfers which may have a domino effect 

but come on every transfer window there’s a dibble of movement and then a mad chaos sometimes panic buy spree on the last day 

surely we have an idea on what we want to do in the summer 

surely we have an idea on what players may be available on a free now 

so surely we have started to make those enquiries and working to get them provisionally done and I will bet my life we will have flown out to our preseason destination still saying it’s only July FFS 

then when the start of the season comes we can all justify our results by not hitting the ground running by saying they’ve not all had a pre season 

who ever deals with transfers and there will be more than one person needs to complete them quicker 

identify 

negotiate 

agree and sign 

if you can’t get them to agree and sign either identify someone as good that will because they want to be here or employ a negotiator that can get them to sign 

in sick of feeling like we’re too slow to progress 

how many games in January have we missed 

Didn't you read what Monk said, it's not always that straightforward. It's the same every Jan and not just at our club; many many deals are done in the last few days. Let's just be patient and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Be more worried if the same is being said this time next week. Personally though I don’t think anything will happen until the last day or 2. Just hope we do manage to get a couple of deals sorted because the thought of having to watch a choice of Winnall, Rhodes or Nuhiu upfront much longer is worrying. soul destroying

sorted it for you

• Haha 1