Good run of 7 games

Let's just do one game at a time, too much thinking about runs or future matches and we'll forget to focus on the one at hand.

And really, it's just a long string of matches, 27 of them left. And we've just got to keep up the performances and every single one of those matches will be winnable.

Get the basics right, full commitment, become even more clinical in our finishing, and we'll be riding a wave, but still focus on the next game and don't bother about whoever is around us.

If we can get 20 wins from the next 27, I don't care who those 7 losses are to ;)

OK, that was unrealistic, 22 wins it is.

5 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Hardly 7 easy games the first 4 are pretty tough. Be happy with 13 points from these. Brentford Forest Brizzie all up there Derby starting to stir. Cardiff and Hull far from poor. Stoke well on paper best squad in league but underperformers. 

I certainly wasn’t suggesting they are easy. But as a run of seven games I think we go in with nobody to fear.

Looks a tough run to me. Without a points deduction I think we'd probably just make top 6. Depends on that deduction and if we sell in January.

Such a low quality league this season. Norwich, Blunts and Villa would batter the top sides this season.

The team need to keep some momentum going from game to game...this has long been a Wednesday failing. Some good performances and results against Brentford, Derby and Florist would in turn lead to better crowds around Christmas and New Year and keep us in the hunt for a play off position. Our injury count this year has been quite low so far (touching wood here..if you’ll pardon the expression) meaning the side has been reasonably settled and I think Monk knows how he can rotate this squad to good effect. This league is there for the taking if you can put a run together... dare we dream? 

“But, glancing upward he sees the EFL sword of Damocles swinging gently to and fro above his head.”:sad:

Edited by sternlad
Syntax

18 hours ago, wilfsmith said:

The cloud of a points deduction which hangs over us is in danger of killing off any hope of play offs. I can't be the only one who is finding it increasingly difficult to be optimistic in threads like these while the EFL mandarins shuffle with our club's future.

Yep, I tend to agree. I just focus on the points tally and not our league position, because as sure as eggs are eggs we could well end up with a large points deduction which would screw any chance of playoffs. We might need all the points we can get. If we're found not guilty then happy days.

Brentford this weekend will be our toughest game of the season so far IMO.

Derby are not playing brilliantly but we tend to struggle there then the next two are tough games.

After xmas there a little easier but you just never know. I don't think we were brilliant at the weekend we did the job well but generally were playing decent and should have more points than we do.

I genuinely believe Forestieri is the key to the points we pick up and ultimately how we do this season... if he plays a lot I think we'll get a good haul if he doesn't I think we'll carry on as we have been playing decent but lacking and dropping points.