Double your money@megastore

Guest Ferkorf

9 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Does this mean next years new kits are being released on the 3rd November ? Only kidding !! 

You say that in jest but.......

10 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Couldn't see that bit, all I could see were these conditions regarding redemption of vouchers?

Upon payment the supporter receives a voucher for £122 redeemable on any non-sale items during the same period in 2020 (16 October to 2 November).

Redemption of Voucher Terms and Conditions:
Voucher must be redeemed between 16 October and 2 November 2020 only.
Voucher must be presented with the original till/online receipt.
Voucher can only be redeemed on non-sale retail items only (gift voucher purchases not included). 
Voucher to be spent in one transaction in store only at the Owls Megastore or Meadowhall Store.
No change given or WednesdayCard points allocated for this transaction. 
Vouchers not used within the stated dates will be deemed invalid and unredeemable.
We cannot guarantee that like for like or particular items will be available at the time of redeeming the voucher

:Chansiri:  They might bring the rack of play-off final t-shirts back out though so what's to lose! 

Joking aside though, if you spend regularly in the club shop and have a few family and friends you can buy for then it's potentially to years worth of Christmas shopping sorted. No good for me though, I would be struggling to find the receipt by the time I got home never mind in 12 months time.

Is it just me that finds this very worrying?

More p/l sustainability issues causing a desperate need for more income and on quick basis?

If not then it makes no sense to me from a commercial business point of view. We're about to enter the busiest retail time of the year in the club shop, a period when customers will no doubt be spending a lot of funds for xmas even had it not been for this offer. By doing this offer it may mean that we sell more in the next couple of weeks but as a long terms plan it will surely reduce income given the substantial freebies that will be given out next year.

Guest wilyfox

I misunderstood the title and took my life savings down there hoping to double my money. I walked away broke carrying a load of tat training gear. Disappointed. 

Edited by wilyfox

Guest Ferkorf
21 hours ago, bazapeps said:

Is it just me that finds this very worrying?

More p/l sustainability issues causing a desperate need for more income and on quick basis?

If not then it makes no sense to me from a commercial business point of view. We're about to enter the busiest retail time of the year in the club shop, a period when customers will no doubt be spending a lot of funds for xmas even had it not been for this offer. By doing this offer it may mean that we sell more in the next couple of weeks but as a long terms plan it will surely reduce income given the substantial freebies that will be given out next year.

Not just you mate, but at least its a very decent idea especially with xmas round the corner.

Seems a quick fix like you mentioned but I believe this is the third financial year isn't it? So next year would wipe out the millions we spent in the first year (rhodes signing etc). I could be wrong but nice to see them getting a bit of well deserved praise for a good idea certainly beats that membership bronze seat thing lol

5 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Not just you mate, but at least its a very decent idea especially with xmas round the corner.

Seems a quick fix like you mentioned but I believe this is the third financial year isn't it? So next year would wipe out the millions we spent in the first year (rhodes signing etc). I could be wrong but nice to see them getting a bit of well deserved praise for a good idea certainly beats that membership bronze seat thing lol

accounts are done way behind so our latest accounts will be upto july 31st 2019 and they wont come out till next spring. this season will be our 5th year of accounts and as the ground sale was for a huge amount we certainly need to shred 10-15 million a season off our accounts for next 2-3 seasons . losing abdi,jones,hooper and a load of others should certainly have fetched the wage bill down a bit but it will still be huge compared to turnover