Extended 'highlights'...

53 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Perfect illustration right there  

Reach and Harris totally out of the action leaving us exposed in midfield and defence 

Not sure what Borner is doing 

Harris no problem, Reach no major problem, Börner shouldn’t be a problem...if Fox isn’t sleeping nothing is a problem

With that angle of pass, from that position Palmer should be able to shut that early cross down easily. 

Unfortunately he stops and sticks his hand up in the air. Absolute schoolboy defending from both full backs

Edit: no reason for Iorfa to gamble on that one, he’s also part of the problem here

Edited by McRightSide

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

You might want to have a quick check of the rule book

So a striker can stay in our six yard box when our defence is lined up on the half way line hopeing a winger beats our offside trap and puts an early cross in to him leaving him alone in the box by 30 yards to score? 

Cos that's what may aswell have happened?

Edited by keepitsteel89

Just now, keepitsteel89 said:

So a striker can stay in our six yard box when our defence is lined up in half way line hoping a winger beats our offside trap and outs an early cross in to him leaving him alone in the box to score? 

Yep, as long as he is onside when the ball is played to him.

But then you’re effectively playing with 10.

And it’s very simple to defend against. 

19 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Screenshot_20190901-181456_YouTube.thumb.jpg.fce9090452125fd288a549d6a6e5f1ff.jpg

The linesman in dead level with play..offside by a few yards should have flagged soon as the cross came in if not sooner

Offside flagging hasn't worked that way for the last 20 years. If Hughill makes no attempt to collect the ball then there's no flag. This one's just cut and dried poor defending. 

3 hours ago, Northanstonowl said:

Gaining an advantage from being in an offside position.

That would apply if the attacker is offside when a shot comes in, the keeper saves it but falls to the attacker in the offside position. Not offside because not involved in the initial shot (which could have scored) but then offside because the keeper saved the shot and the attacker scored because of the advantage. 

Edited by toooldforthis

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Perfect illustration right there  

Reach and Harris totally out of the action leaving us exposed in midfield and defence 

Not sure what Borner is doing 

I actually think Borner is fine here. He's looking along the line and positioned with Palmer. Fox is looking along the defensive line but for some reason is a few yards back, and Iorfa is guilty of being sucked towards the ball. I take your point about the wingers not tucking in though.....not sure if that's down to them or lack of instructions....

35 minutes ago, WindygrOWLer said:

I actually think Borner is fine here. He's looking along the line and positioned with Palmer. Fox is looking along the defensive line but for some reason is a few yards back, and Iorfa is guilty of being sucked towards the ball. I take your point about the wingers not tucking in though.....not sure if that's down to them or lack of instructions....

How much do you want them to ‘tuck in’?

There would be no value, in fact might even be worse...well, if Palmer does his job...Reach tucking in might mean he isn’t able to get out to be the second defender to shut down the cross

46 minutes ago, WindygrOWLer said:

Borner should be paying Hugil more attention , Fox is actually well placed but Harris should be tracking back to enable Fox to cover the  space that Borner would be leaving 

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

There would be no value, in fact might even be worse...well, if Palmer does his job...Reach tucking in might mean he isn’t able to get out to be the second defender to shut down the cross

Reach is doing nothing , Gambling that we are going to deal with the attack and he can get a release ball , thats so wrong leaving gaps all over the shop 

Wallace was really good at doing this and got Hunt out of the poo many times 

We were supposed to be playing 442 according to Bullen but it was 424 in that picture and completely overrun .

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Borner should be paying Hugil more attention , Fox is actually well placed but Harris should be tracking back to enable Fox to cover the  space that Borner would be leaving 

Reach is doing nothing , Gambling that we are going to deal with the attack and he can get a release ball , thats so wrong leaving gaps all over the shop 

Wallace was really good at doing this and got Hunt out of the poo many times 

We were supposed to be playing 442 according to Bullen but it was 424 in that picture and completely overrun .

What would you prefer Reach to actually be doing?

He can’t get across to the ball, he can’t get out to the winger...actually he did make a communication error earlier in this play but you can’t see it in this shot.

As for your formation comment, clearly you’ve been playing too much table football.

I just read your post again. I think you’ve got pretty much everything wrong. Kudos.

Edited by McRightSide
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

He can’t get across to the ball, he can’t get out to the winger...actually he did make a communication error earlier in this play but you can’t see it in this shot.

As for your formation comment, clearly you’ve been playing too much table football.

I just read your post again. I think you’ve got pretty much everything wrong. Kudos.

Ok 

8 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Player on the left wing is the one that received the ball, he’s miles on. 

865A04A4-5B60-41E3-A8FB-F1C3A72C9384.png

I'm glad someone knows the rules. 

How anyone can look to the officials yesterday is beyond me, our pen was a joke and theirs was a legit goal.

It's all well and good complaining about timewasting but if we go in their box once in the second half I can't see how that matters anyway. 

Edited by Owls2k
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Well the goalkeeper throws the ball over Reach and that led to the goal while Reach remained static 

if you think that’s the way to go then fine 

but resorting to childish comments that’s mature init 

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Just the right amount so there isn't any gaping holes between the wingers and the central 2 that can be exploited. Not much point standing on the touch line is there?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WindygrOWLer said:

Just the right amount so there isn't any gaping holes between the wingers and the central 2 that can be exploited. Not much point standing on the touch line is there?

The space that was exploited was in behind the back line.

The issue is playing a high line, not applying pressure on the ball and not playing to the whistle.

Look at all of that before you start asking the wingers to ‘tuck in’

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, McRightSide said:

The space that was exploited was in behind the back line.

The issue is playing a high line, not applying pressure on the ball and not playing to the whistle.

Look at all of that before you start asking the wingers to ‘tuck in’

So the midfield aren't supposed to defend then? Clearly you're too thick to understand.