Extended 'highlights'...

20 hours ago, torres said:

Ha ha ha ha You asked me!!

Get a life?? Says the big un who comments on matches he’s not seen. Very perverted 

To be fair it's exactly what most pundits do for MOTD or do you think they sit and watch all the games making notes to bring up later, same as the Championship highlights on Quest,  you may disagree with this concept but the programme's would be a lot worse without it.

7 minutes ago, daleblue said:

To be fair it's exactly what most pundits do for MOTD or do you think they sit and watch all the games making notes to bring up later, same as the Championship highlights on Quest,  you may disagree with this concept but the programme's would be a lot worse without it.

Nope totally agree with that’s what they do.

How many times have they said anything of note or even correct when you’ve watched Wednesday on Quest? 

Disagree the programme would be worse without it. 

Match of the Day would be far better if they showed more football and they tried less to justify the salary of Liniker and Shearer. 

The title should have read "Extended Lowlights". 1st phase he was offside but in the 2nd phase he was on, legit goal, unlike our pen which Forestieri won for us. No wonder other teams and officials get pissed with him. I commented on the stats being so skewed in their favour after the first half that we would struggle 2nd half. Putting 2 in the middle against a Mark Warburton side is suicide. They just passed it around us, can't for the life of me see what Bullen was trying to do.

12 minutes ago, torres said:

Nope totally agree with that’s what they do.

How many times have they said anything of note or even correct when you’ve watched Wednesday on Quest? 

Disagree the programme would be worse without it. 

Match of the Day would be far better if they showed more football and they tried less to justify the salary of Liniker and Shearer. 

Yes to less, (punditure) agree on salaries, but I still I enjoy what they do, and disagree with some of it, especially on Wednesday, but it's like on here, a lot cant make the games for various reasons, should that disqualify them for their input, no, if you disagree with another poster that's fine, but lets not say that they should not have any input because of attendance.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

The title should have read "Extended Lowlights". 1st phase he was offside but in the 2nd phase he was on, legit goal, unlike our pen which Forestieri won for us. No wonder other teams and officials get pissed with him. I commented on the stats being so skewed in their favour after the first half that we would struggle 2nd half. Putting 2 in the middle against a Mark Warburton side is suicide. They just passed it around us, can't for the life of me see what Bullen was trying to do.

Ha, well I did put the word highlights in inverted commas to suggest sarcasm mate!

15 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Screenshot_20190901-181456_YouTube.thumb.jpg.fce9090452125fd288a549d6a6e5f1ff.jpg

The linesman in dead level with play..offside by a few yards should have flagged soon as the cross came in if not sooner

Iorfa looks mostly at fault from that picture, why has he taken up that position. Similar to Socrates for arsenal yesterday 

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Iorfa looks mostly at fault from that picture, why has he taken up that position. Similar to Socrates for arsenal yesterday 

yeah hes got suckd in to try and intercept the guy who lays it off not particularly his fault the offside forward definitely  pulls palmer towards the space left though thats the issue

Edited by keepitsteel89

21 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He followed Nahki Wells who kept dropping deep leaving a big hole behind which Hugil ran into .

Wells did it for the first goal as well , great movement from those two , but our shape was all over the place 

Attack as a team , defend as a team ... we didn't simple . 

22 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Player on the left wing is the one that received the ball, he’s miles on. 

865A04A4-5B60-41E3-A8FB-F1C3A72C9384.png

It is naive defending all round I think. Hugill has an 8-10 metre advantage on Iorfa who was “sucked in”, he also has about 3-5 yards advantage on Borner and both our central defenders have to turn before sprinting back giving him another yard advantage. Might not have happened if Lees had played but we’ll never know. Time to move on to the next game and hope we have a new manager and coaching staff team by then, I don’t think Bullen offers enough as a coach, good motivator maybe but these days it’s about knowing how to change your system and personnel on the pitch to adapt to situations that may arise. I see the slide continuing if we don’t appoint someone soon.:unsure:

50 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s not ideal, but since Hugill is ‘offside’ he’ll inevitably be in a gap behind Iorfa and Börner anyway.

The critical error is Palmer not playing to the whistle and giving his man a free opportunity to cross for Hugill to score

Just now, sternlad said:

It is naive defending all round I think. Hugill has an 8-10 metre advantage on Iorfa who was “sucked in”, he also has about 3-5 yards advantage on Borner and both our central defenders have to turn before sprinting back giving him another yard advantage. Might not have happened if Lees had played but we’ll never know. Time to move on to the next game and hope we have a new manager and coaching staff team by then, I don’t think Bullen offers enough as a coach, good motivator maybe but these days it’s about knowing how to change your system and personnel on the pitch to adapt to situations that may arise. I see the slide continuing if we don’t appoint someone soon.:unsure:

Please watch the video and watch Palmer.

He’s in a decent position with good body shape, he has the positional advantage.

What happens?

Loads of stuff not right in the shot, but this image does not show the critical error

28 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Well that makes no sense.

Well it does as I agreed with u on some of your points in previous posts, especially about Iorfa being out of position but u seem obsessed with my comment about the wingers tucking in when the opponents have the ball...... perhaps u just woke up on the " mcwrongside" of the bed yesterday....

11 minutes ago, WindygrOWLer said:

Well it does as I agreed with u on some of your points in previous posts, especially about Iorfa being out of position but u seem obsessed with my comment about the wingers tucking in when the opponents have the ball...... perhaps u just woke up on the " mcwrongside" of the bed yesterday....

Because ‘tucking in’ is just a mindless cliche.

I’m still waiting to find out more about what you mean. Do you want Reach’s Start point to be next to Hutch? 

Or should he close Hutch’s man?

And what exactly should Harris be doing in all of this? I saw some ridiculous suggestion that he should be like an auxiliary left back so everyone can shuffle over to compensation for Iorfa’s bad call

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’m still waiting to find out more about what you mean. Do you want Reach’s Start point to be next to Hutch? 

And what exactly should Harris be doing in all of this? I saw some ridiculous suggestion that he should be like an auxiliary left back so everyone can shuffle over to compensation for Iorfa’s bad call

Harris isnt involved in this clip. The main culprits are Palmer and Iorfa, that's clear. The tucking in comment that you have taken issue with was more in general terms that the central 2 were isolated with and without the ball, dont worry about it.

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Not sure you totally understand the roles of the players in a 442 formation so end of chat .

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Please enlighten me. 

Because wasn’t it you that said Harris should be where Fox is on that imagine?

I was prepared to debate and you replied with insults .

Go and google 442 , you might get a idea on what players responsibilities  are . 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I was prepared to debate and you replied with insults .

Go and google 442 , you might get a idea on what players responsibilities  are . 

Sounds like you realized it’s nonsense.

You also realize that not every 4-4-2 is the same though, right?

That’s just the starting point for the system.

On 02/09/2019 at 10:19, McRightSide said:

Please watch the video and watch Palmer.

He’s in a decent position with good body shape, he has the positional advantage.

What happens?

Loads of stuff not right in the shot, but this image does not show the critical error

I’m not sure I agree with the Palmer “decent position and body shape” idea. It may be because I’m an ageing 63year old full back but we were always schooled to see the man you’re marking/covering and the ball. In the still shot we’re looking at, Palmer seems to be looking at Hugill and the ball and his movement seems to be in field. Is he expecting the pass to be aimed at Hugill who is offside? Is he anticipating the ball down the flank (which is where it ends up)? In the end I’m not sure he knows WTF he’s doing. But as we have all McRightly said it’s a terrible shape for your defence to be in, they are all over the shop. 

• Thanks 1