Norwich Rhodes Bid

11 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Half a dozen games?

Between 16th January and the end of the season, they scored 20 goals between them. 

5 good results ergo "half a dozen games".

How did the next season pan out for them? lol 

EDIT: I prefer it when you talk about Dave Allen; there is a Chesterfield thread in the Non-SWFc section!

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

7 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

We won 6 of the last 9 for a start. And the next season it was 32+38 appearances and 15 goals, which is not too shabby and certainly compares very favourably with anything your hero has managed at Hillsborough.

If Jordan Rhodes was scoring at that rate you'd be hyperventilating that what was happening at the other end was nothing to do with him.

You make Donald Trump look like a model of objectivity.

Edited by DJMortimer

Just now, DJMortimer said:

We won 6 of the last 9 for a start.

If Jordan Rhodes was scoring at that rate you'd be hyperventilating that what was happening at the other end was nothing to do with him.

You make Donald Trump look like a model of objectivity.

Indeed, very false ending to the season if we ever saw one. I'd expect us to beat dross like Sunderland, Reading, and a Norwich team with their sandals on TBF.

I was hyperventilating over Joao and Nuhiu, it looked like we had a manager who could get regular goals out of Nuhiu, I thought he must the second coming to achieve that! lol 

Fake news.

3 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

8 goals for Joao in 18 appearances from the start of the next season up to Jos's final game, of which only 5 were for the full 90 minutes. Not too shabby tbh. More than your man Rhodes scored in the entire season for the champions.

Just now, alanharper said:

8 goals for Joao in 18 appearances from the start of the next season up to Jos's final game, of which only 5 were for the full 90 minutes. Not too shabby tbh. More than your man Rhodes scored in the entire season for the champions.

Indeed, a very good purple patch. He'd be some striker with a bit of consistency.

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Image result for donald trump

"The more wrong I am, the more right I get."

Slightly incorrect, I'd be using the middle finger (and my hair is better than that)!

Unlike Donald, you can have your opinion, you're welcome to that, and I respect that. I don't agree with it, I think Rhodes is a better striker than the likes of Nuhiu and Joao, you don't appear to agree with that. Fair enough. I'll let you have the last word (something Donald also wouldn't allow!).

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Ahem. Though from a P&S point of view, we can't really let him go unless the money involved balances what we'd owe Boro.

I dont mean let him go for nothing. What did Norwich first offer, 3 mill? That looks a good offer now doesnt it.

3 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Slightly incorrect, I'd be using the middle finger (and my hair is better than that)!

Unlike Donald, you have an opinion, you're welcome to that, and I respect that. I don't agree with it, I think Rhodes is a better striker than the likes of Nuhiu and Joao, you don't appear to agree with that. Fair enough. I'll let you have the last word (something Donald also wouldn't allow!).

Remember, Rhodes "GUARANTEES goals" TM we were told. No qualification, no provisos, no problem. I remember all the giddiness and the comparisons with other squad members he would effortlessly eclipse. Yet very quickly, the roles were reversed. Every other forward didn't need nursing; they just went out, accepted sharing the bench with each other for significant periods, played better than him and scored proportionately more often. ALL SIX OF THEM. 

Now that his return has been dismal for nigh on 4 years despite all those changing circumstances of clubs, divisions, managers, formations, tactics and team mates, the universe itself has to be endlessly rearranged until the ever dwindling number of supporters he has are 'proved' right. How many years of indifferent performances and missed chances will it take to accept he may have lost whatever it was he had? Where are the signs that a breakout is imminent? If he took a greater percentage of whatever chances came his way than his colleagues did, regardless of whether the playing style suited him, I might be encouraged. But let's be honest, his rate of misses is at least as bad as any of them, if not worse. And none of them cost even half of what he did, which it turns out, we couldn't even afford in the first place (and obviously that is not his fault).

What's the reason for that? I have no idea. And I don't really care. My concern is the best outcome for Sheffield Wednesday and he simply does not offer that right now. Not even close in fact. Can he be productive again in future? Maybe. He has to earn a place just like anyone else and if he starts racing around scoring plenty of goals I won't reserve the celebrations. If you still have faith in him, then that's your entitlement. But stop with all the excuses for his failures when the evidence has been inexorably pointing in only one direction for so long. It's up to him to prove critics like me wrong, not for us to endlessly accommodate him. And there's nothing personal about it either; by all accounts he is an excellent professional who often goes the extra mile in recognition of those who look up to him and his status.

Amen.

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I dont mean let him go for nothing. What did Norwich first offer, 3 mill? That looks a good offer now doesnt it.

No idea pal, only knew of the £2m loan deal for last season. Not seen anything about a permanent deal. If that was last season though, we'd be -£3m immediately for P&S though, so I can see why we'd turn that down (especially as we got the £2m loan fee).

3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Must admit, from what I saw of Norwich last season it didn't look like Pukki was the lone striker. Hernandez and Steipermann (sp?) always seemed to be in very close proximity to Pukki causing chaos and confusion to teams playing with a back 4.

If you look back at last season Norwich signed Rhodes as their primary striker and he started all of their first 6  league games.

Normally 433 with Hernandez and AN other ( Buendia ) supporting Rhodes or 442 with Rhodes and Pukki up front. after 6 games they were languishing close to the bottom of the league.

Farke changed things around he dropped Rhodes and started playing 4231 with Pukki leading the line sopported by 3 others normally Hernandez Steiperman and Buendia.  They started to shoot up the league using these players and system with Rhodes now just a bit part player.

• Like 1