Martin O'Neill

By all means, pop at the Scottish Premiership but didn't O'Neill take Celtic to the UEFA cup in one season, only to lose to Porto in the final who were being managed by the best upcoming manager in the game at that point?

I'm sure they knocked out Barcelona and Liverpool on the way, which was pretty impressive. 

4 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

He also had the sense to ditch DiCanio and go on to win 3 league titles.

Think he was still at Leicester when Di Canio left Celtic. 

6 minutes ago, steveger said:

To be perfectly blunt mate with the present Wednesday team and how they "aint" performing not one would walk into the current Motherwell starting 11, Wednesday are terrible at the moment IMO

I totally agree and that’s why i think its a bit unfair to judge it as being awful when he has too look in his own backyard also. You know Steve when MON was in charge up at Celtic both Glasgow clubs had top teams and would have given the EPL teams a good run for their money.

14 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

Yer pissin in the wind mate, you don’t have a clue about Scottish football.

Hows that then, because you said so ? 

If your barometer of how good a league is, is based on how many wednesday players would/wouldnt get in a team in a crap league, that would suggest you're the one pissin in the wind fella. 

• Like 1

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

Hows that then, because you said so ? 

If your barometer of how good a league is, is based on how many wednesday players would/wouldnt get in a team in a crap league, that would suggest you're the one pissin in the wind fella. 

It was a start and the answer would have been none.

5 minutes ago, steveger said:

To be perfectly blunt mate with the present Wednesday team and how they "aint" performing not one would walk into the current Motherwell starting 11, Wednesday are terrible at the moment IMO

Bit of an exaggeration none in the Motherwell team. You are rite though that scottish football went down the toilet yeats ago. One team league for the last 6 years at least. That team is then embarrassed every season in europe. Always followed Rangers when I lived in Glasgow for 4 years but the demotion has crippled them. As for super Celtic would be in bottom 5 in premier league. They have no top class european level players. As we under perform with an out of his depth manager. Oneil is not the answer though.

21 minutes ago, katie melua said:

By all means, pop at the Scottish Premiership but didn't O'Neill take Celtic to the UEFA cup in one season, only to lose to Porto in the final who were being managed by the best upcoming manager in the game at that point?

I'm sure they knocked out Barcelona and Liverpool on the way, which was pretty impressive. 

Think he was still at Leicester when Di Canio left Celtic. 

And Blackburn Rovers Katie 

19 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Bit of an exaggeration none in the Motherwell team. You are rite though that scottish football went down the toilet yeats ago. One team league for the last 6 years at least. That team is then embarrassed every season in europe. Always followed Rangers when I lived in Glasgow for 4 years but the demotion has crippled them. As for super Celtic would be in bottom 5 in premier league. They have no top class european level players. As we under perform with an out of his depth manager. Oneil is not the answer though.

Rangers were not demoted. They died and the new company  asked for a special licence to allow them in the back door of division 3.

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Wow, you're hard work fella, my criticism is of the "scottish league" not celtic. 

Just scroll up a few. 

Not at all my deluded friend. Scottish football is not half bad and Sean StClare said himself recently that Scottish football is at a decent level and he took time to adjust.