Martin O'Neill

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

He is in that group of managers who are past their sell by date. It's a no for me.

As opposed to Jos of course a manager who in his own words said he had no experience of English football, having never seen a game and if hadn't been offered the job by DC would have retired.

Or we could get an international manager with 20+ years experience of working in British football, has promotions (from our league), cup wins, league wins and European football on his cv, has managed at international level and has links with some of the big clubs in British football.

Yep I can see why you would want Jos over him as the team is performing so well currently and the football is so great to watch at £35-40 a game. :duntmatter:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, George said:

Like Warnock... who took the poo show that is Cardiff up.

You can't compare O'Neil and Warnock.

Warnock knows the Championship inside out, which is why he took Cardiff up.

O'Neil has been treading water with ROI for years.

He'd be garbage at this level.

2 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

One promotion to the prem,leicester.

Nothing he did with celtic matters,christ neil lennon won that league,wouldn't want him either.

The last league job he was sacked 2013.

He's just not as good as you are making out.

Nothing he did with Celtic matters? Is that because it was outwith the English game or Scottish football is backwater stuff?

5 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

You can't compare O'Neil and Warnock.

Warnock knows the Championship inside out, which is why he took Cardiff up.

O'Neil has been treading water with ROI for years.

He'd be garbage at this level.

I would imagine O'Neill would probably know more about the Championship and lower divisions than Jos. After all, that's where he has had to be looking for players for the ROI squad. 

FFP
FFS

Why on Earth would we want an experienced manager with a knowledge of top class domestic and international football and footballers, and contacts galore in the English game? Just doesn’t make sense.

He hasn’t taken a German 2nd Division team to promotion, hasn’t managed in Portugal or Turkey, isn’t cheap, has a bloody personality, and we’ve heard of him.

For all those reasons, I’m out. I’ll wait for Hørst Von Tinklewinkle from Luxembourg side UNA Strassen or summat similar thank you very much. You’ll love him. Took his team all the way to the Luxembourg Cup semi-finals in 1998.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, steveger said:

All i can say is Thank F**K owlstalkers  aint in charge of hiring managers either... everyone seems to know whats best on here after all....

colin....

McDingle

Oneil..

who's next ?

Megson, Big Ron

WTF:

Stevie G ??? lol 

FFP
FFS

• Haha 1