Martin O'Neill

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

I don't see that young players are playing a role they arnt comfortable with , dawson plays in goal,baker is a right back ,penney plays on the left and thorniley is central defender and all have done well …...I havnt seen tom lees comment but have the numerous ones on here and just about everyone as a different view on how we should play some probably have some merit but most are in the realms of fantasy and are risible so I hold little truck with them . …..the young players that are fairly regular are all in there early 20s and if they cant hack a bad run of results at that age then it's probably right to say they arnt going to go far in the game . none of this was said when we went on the run of 1 defeat in 9 which suggests the young lads were comfortable with his tactics then .  

Fair discussion mate. Admittedly he hasn’t gone that mad he’s playing Dawson at left back.

Does anyone in the team actually look “ comfortable” with how they are being asked to play.

theres about nine of us go to games together, and every game we get the team sheet and spend twenty minutes trying to work out what formation it is and who is playing where.  Sure we aren’t alone but maybe we are just a bit thick.

Ive said a few times I am worried about how these kids will be affected by what Jo’s is doing. May be right but I hope I’m wrong. 

All about opinions. I’m just expressing my concerns and think there are far far better managers currently looking for work

Martin Oneil?

Won't happen in a million years and I'm not sure I'd want it to.

Blokes a bit of a dinosaur...though so is Colin and he can still navigate this division.

Needless to say, one of the other drawbacks of having Jos remain in the job will be the never ending, nonsensical threads about the first name that pops into certain people's heads. 

Yipee.

• Haha 1