Another strange incident regarding charity at SWFC

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd say the accurate truth is that the club do support charity, we don't know the exact process or how it works, but some charities definitely get supported and there are examples of other requests falling through the net

Well put

• Thanks 1

November 24th, the club are helping with raising awareness and food donations for the S6 Foodbank. A very worthy cause that helps so many people.

The club can't help everyone that contacts them, but i'm sure that no matter what, some people will have to be told no.

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

TBH, I’m with the club on this one, as harsh as that may sound. 

I’d prefer the club to ‘adopt’ one different local charity each year, and plough all fundraising initiatives through that. 

6 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

November 24th, the club are helping with raising awareness and food donations for the S6 Foodbank. A very worthy cause that helps so many people.

The club can't help everyone that contacts them, but i'm sure that no matter what, some people will have to be told no.

Maybe you are right.

Maybe they should only help higher profile charities that give Wednesday (Chansiri) positive publicity.

With more media coverage for his name.

FFS.

2 hours ago, Pod9 said:

I recently went on the Royal British Legion website to buy a SWFC poppy badge. 

Neither Sheffield are available to buy so I emailed the RBL to ask if they could manufacture one for me, and I didn’t mind paying for any extra costs. 

They responded saying that SWFC had refused permission for their badge to be used for their charity. 

Very disappointing that the club we all love won’t allow their name to help the poppy appeal. 

From the megastore site 

940D36D2-C544-417D-8694-46D9DBED8EA9.png

3 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

Maybe you are right.

Maybe they should only help higher profile charities that give Wednesday (Chansiri) positive publicity.

With more media coverage for his name.

FFS.

Who mentioned higher profile?

One charity doesn’t mean higher profile. Having dealt with large national charities on a regular basis, I’d actually much prefer the focus to be on smaller ones with a local impact. 

3 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Our firm always get stuff to raffle off via the Sheffield Children’s hospital. Normally signed shirts. 

Theres always stories like this. Funnily enough they always seem to portray the blades as being a lovely generous club. They also turn people down, and pick their charitable moments when they want to. All part of PR, which is fine, we’re not very good at that really. 

I’m looking at doing a potential fund raiser in about 6 weeks for Sheffield children’s hospital. 

I’ve done a couple of personal things myself this year and through friends generously sponsoring I’ve raised around £1,000. 

Now thats all done I was looking to do an event. One of the things I was considering incorporating was a raffle (amongst lots of other things). 

If you could messge me any numbers or contacts of clubs/businesses that donate to causes like this it would be much appreciated. 

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

?Who mentioned higher profile?

One charity doesn’t mean higher profile. Having dealt with large national charities on a regular basis, I’d actually much prefer the focus to be on smaller ones with a local impact. 

I did.

I am making the assumption Mr C would be more likely to choose a charity that gave him more publicity.

Sheffield dog rescue or cancer research?

FFS.

Edited by Hawkowl

Just now, jonesy87shef said:

Charity is about community. Say what you like about that lot down the road they do these things right and had heard similar stories to the op.

Look at what the Leicester chairman did for their community. I wish our club could be more involved.

I recall our players pretty much every other week being photographed doing something or other for charity/hospitals/respite homes etc

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Hawkowl said:

I did.

I am making the assumption Mr C would be more likely to choose a charity that gave him more publicity.

Sheffield dog rescue or cancer research.

FFS.

Bluebell Wood, St Lukes, SCH. 

I think people are all piling in without stopping to think whether they're actually correct or not

Our club DOES work with / for charities and does loads in the community

Not sure why they're getting bashed on this thread when it seems the main complaints are a few smaller requests for help with signed shirts etc

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Hawkowl said:

I did.

Sheffield dog rescue or cancer research.

FFS.

And that’s a very disrespectful comment as well. No one knows what DC does for charity. I’m sure he does more than his fair share. A bit like Dave Allen who does an awful lot for local charities that goes under the radar.