Another strange incident regarding charity at SWFC

Last night at a family bonfire a relative who works for Shelter told me that she approached Wednesday and United for a signed shirt to raffle to raise money, what with the Derby match coming up and everyone being interested.  She said United sent a signed shirt, signed balls and several other items but the Wednesday PR person she spoke to told her that they wouldn't be sending anything this year as all that kind of activity has been stopped for the time being.  Another strange decision by our club.

Wednesday very unhelpful when it came to Ricky Moats fundraiser. 

Spent a lot of time speaking with the club, firstly they wouldn’t donate anything, fair enough I guess (must get it all the time). I wanted to get a shirt as thanks for people involved but they wouldn’t even discount one at all. To top of all off, they wanted me to pay full price for the shirt but wanted a presentation at the club, and to have the photos etc for the website. I think not - I’m not paying for Wednesdays PR and to look great when they offering nothing to help. 

We smashed Ricky’s target no thanks to the club and very disappointed with how that all panned out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Our firm always get stuff to raffle off via the Sheffield Children’s hospital. Normally signed shirts. 

Theres always stories like this. Funnily enough they always seem to portray the blades as being a lovely generous club. They also turn people down, and pick their charitable moments when they want to. All part of PR, which is fine, we’re not very good at that really. 

6 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Spent a lot of time speaking with the club, firstly they wouldn’t donate anything, fair enough I guess (must get it all the time). I wanted to get a shirt as thanks for people involved but they wouldn’t even discount one at all. To top of all off, they wanted me to pay full price for the shirt but wanted a presentation at the club, and to have the photos etc for the website. I think not - I’m not paying for Wednesdays PR and to look great when they offering nothing to help. 

We smashed Ricky’s target no thanks to the club and very disappointed with how that all panned out. 

Thats disappointing to hear. 

21 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Crikey, that's absolutely pathetic from Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Heard numerous reports of charity being more or less stopped at SWFC, then found that out myself. Personal experience as well with the ‘other lot’ and their staff was completely the opposite.

Dont understand it and cannot defend it.

Often hear something similar.

I know Wednesday didn't bother supporting my lads school with some tickets to raffle off, where as United did.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91
  • Like 1

Don’t get me wrong I’m totally aware the club need to be selective - but to not discount a shirt as thanks to the people who have already done and given so much is a kick in the teeth. Would it have killed them to give 20% or something to save me personally a few penny’s? 

Then to to try and muscle in on the presentation of said shirt takes the wee wee 

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Often hear something similar.

I know Wednesday didn't boygwe supporting my lads school with some tickets to raffle off, where as United did.

Precisely. And anyone saying that it’s just another stick to beat the club with, or not true, on what planet would any wednesdayite want to basically compliment the lot at the stain? 

I just would love to know what on earth is happening at our club and how we intend to go forward.

I recently went on the Royal British Legion website to buy a SWFC poppy badge. 

Neither Sheffield are available to buy so I emailed the RBL to ask if they could manufacture one for me, and I didn’t mind paying for any extra costs. 

They responded saying that SWFC had refused permission for their badge to be used for their charity. 

Very disappointing that the club we all love won’t allow their name to help the poppy appeal. 

Yet more evidence that SWFC is a badly run club. It's also this kind of attitude and behaviour which will drive folks like me away from the club and to supporting another team eventually. I can put up with being crap on the pitch but sh*t like this is something I don't like at all.

First hand accounts here can't be ignored/discounted unless you think those making them are liars.

Edited by Owl Be Back
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1