A dose of reality

18 hours ago, dnhc said:

when up against a season where survival is the target rather than promotion, one thing i'd like to see us assembling is a solid defence, this season's target for jos, and a 4th. year target for dc is to half of what we had when gray left. it's not looking favourable at present that it will come to fruition. 

we couldn't keep a clean sheet if we played 6 at the back

Think we're on course to finish top ten. Which I think was realistic before the season started given the experience lost. Long term injuries etc.

However, we're well placed after playing some of the divisions bigger team. We're tucked in nicely. Keep the run going and we might end up being the surprise package 

I have said this before but it is about consistency. It doesn't matter if we dominate West Brom if we drop points to teams deemed as easier opponents.

We need to keep grinding out results.

Looking at the table there seem to be a lot of teams that appear to be tough opponents. Though you might look at where Bristol are now and think that they were easy, but on the other hand if they had won, we would have been beaten by a top six side.

We should play without fear of anyone but have respect for everyone.

No one is easy. No one is unbeatable.

Edited by OxonOwl
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Think we're on course to finish top ten. Which I think was realistic before the season started given the experience lost. Long term injuries etc.

However, we're well placed after playing some of the divisions bigger team. We're tucked in nicely. Keep the run going and we might end up being the surprise package 

Good post.

Personally, I think we need to improve to keep 6th. We are just doing enough at the moment and we still don’t have a clear style of play, system and best team. 

However, positives are that we are 6th, we are not playing to near our full potential and we have had some challenging fixtures recently and we have done well.

Its open this year and there are no stand out teams like Wolves last season.

For me, It’s a season to enjoy the ride and see what happens. Jos is doing a great job by the way - all down to hard work, discipline and team ethic!

• Haha 1

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 21:49, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Against mediocre opposition, we created nothing.

Apart from them new lad in midfield, and the usual industry from Bannan, there was nothing. Like Ipswich away last season, bullied and outfought by a team who were less talented but better organised.

Reach and Matthias were anonymous, but he left them on the pitch. For those who have been banging on about Jos being the answer, they need to change the question.

lol

• Like 1

On 20/09/2018 at 21:06, modboy said:

The chairman saying promotion or bust was nieve and gave some supporters false hope 

Aye, telling the fan base that if we don't go up this year, we would be in big trouble REALLY filled everyone with false hope.

lol

• Haha 1