Students

1 minute ago, Greengrass said:

We could run a Latin club at half time to keep them entertained. 

Would have thought some students would already follow a team, unless the price is really cheap and free beer is on offer why would they come to watch us ?

Tell you what mate, I've got no chuffing clue

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

We could run a Latin club at half time to keep them entertained. 

Would have thought some students would already follow a team, unless the price is really cheap and free beer is on offer why would they come to watch us ?

If they like football and are used to going to watch it they may well want to carry on at University (cue jokes about watching football at Hillsborough). Also students are often up for new experiences away at University so might start watching football if the price is tempting.  Particularly overseas students (of which there are 1000s)  might want to watch English football. 

Edited by Rev Owl

6 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

If they like football and are used to going to watch it they may well want to carry on at University (cue jokes about watching football at Hillsborough). Also students are often up for new experiences away at University so might start watching football if the price is tempting.  Particularly overseas students (of which there are 1000s)  might want to watch English football. 

Agree, but I'm more interested in getting all those that followed us in he past, but we just can't get through the door, due to price or the entertainment factor on the pitch.

I don't mind a modicum of students..Nowt against 'em..

But I really wouldn't want to be surrounded by students...

you sorta stand up and shout

"offside".!!!.

.then some f.ooker takes a slide rule an' compass out..spends 20 minutes explaining........ "X =  whatever the f.ook an' the golden meridian regardin' Palmers shin"

Can't be doing with it

You wonder if "Thornily would be better playing wide , wiv Reach in front"

Some f.ookin' student says...

"What exactly is a Thornily though?...Was there a Thornily before a Worthington, or is a Thornily actually "A WORTHINGTON"

You dunno do you?

Its a bit embarrassing..

You then get enmeshed in in sorta physics, and arguments you mainly used to ignore....

Student "Why are you singing "Honolulu Wednesday"

Me.."Well its not supposed to be geographically accurate....

Student "Well its not is it....

Me "No..I just said its not...Its a son.........

Student "Honolulu is in Hawaii"

Me "Yes I f.ookin' know it is....Its a silly song like "We are the finest football team the wor...."

Student "looking at the statistics..Wednesday are not the fi...."

Me "YES!!..I f.ookin' know..nor do I know where we got "Those eyes" from..Its simply football stuff

Student.."Is there any song , that you can EVER back up with facts or action????"

Me "You ever heard..."You're gonna get your f.ookin' head kicked in?"

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Greengrass said:

Got 3 questions right on University Challenge the other night..........just saying.

Bambi: And what is the chemical equation... 

Miss Money-Sterling: [presses her buzzer] I've got a Porsche! 

Bambi: Yes, well, that's not exactly what I've got written on the card but I knew your father so Footlights lead by 25 to none. 

Miss Money-Sterling: Daddy sends hugs.