Can we show Chansiri and Luhukay some respect?

8 hours ago, sw1867 said:

Why should I accept prices are never going down if it is widely accepted they are obscene?

Why should I accept that these high prices are are driving supporters away which we will never get back?

Why should I accept that these high prices are potentially losing us the next generation of supporters? The kids prices are very good but if parents can’t afford their tickets to take them the cost of kids tickets is largely irrelevant.

We don’t have to give super business advice, that’s not our job not matter how patronisingly you put it. We can however give customer feedback that we aren’t happy to which any business worth it’s salt would listen to and implement change.

If you are happy with the above, that’s fine but I’m not and as a loyal paying customer and life long supporter I’ll have my say thanks.

Widely accepted “they are obscene” by who?

The ‘social justice’ lobby on here?

”Driving supporters away”!

Record season ticket sales. No one is being driven away. 

Its the same old broken f*****n record by the same cabal of Swfc bashing moaners.

I reckon the ‘silent’ majority are happy with prices and they also accept the other aspects where there is plenty of room for improvement are part & parcel of running any large enterprise. Mistakes are inevitably made!

As for customer feedback, if D.C. took on board all the ‘advice’ from some of the half baked experts on here, we wouldn’t have a f*****n club.

For right or wrong it’s called business. D.C. set out his pricing strategy, he was upfront how he was going to pitch it and some on here have never forgiven him even if it only affects a small minority. 

The pricing strategy is only one aspect of the club and as proven in the Wembley year, if there is success on the field, suddenly all the sniping & grandstanding miraculously melts away, 

If any of them decide to stay away or Follow their ‘principles’ or ‘Boycott’ the club, fine.

As with their argument re D.C. (that there are ready made replacements waiting in the wings),  well the same goes for the supporters who don’t really ‘support’.

Please don’t bang the door on your way out!

Edited by bigthinrob
  • Like 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
10 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

We don't owe him anything. Please let me know what direction you think we were heading before DC. 

Under Milan we finished every season higher than the season before.

Our losses were sustainable and nowhere near likely to put us in problems with FFP

We invested more in our Academy than we had ever done before - and the players that were utilised under Jos last season were the result of that

Our ticket prices were affordable, as was hospitality

It wasn't overly exciting (far from it under Gray) - but the whole thing was sustainable

(And the Fans Forums were set up under MM too - not by DC as you mistakenly said earlier)

13 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Getting tired of reading nonsense on here from the some of the ignorant fans on here who have probably never run a business or risked investment in anything. 

Both the Chairman and Manager getting unacceptable stick.

The Chairman has sunk tens of millions into our club. His strategy hasn’t worked and clearly he has been badly advised but the guy has put his money where his mouth is big time.

Luhakay is bring hounded by clueless idiots on the radio about an embargo.

Let him get on with coaching what is still a large and talented squad.

Let Chansiri get on with sorting out the financial situation.

Some people should be careful what they wish for and wind their necks in. We could have a lot worse owners and managers. 

I run a business and invested everything I have ever made into it, am I allowed an opinion?

if I ran my business the way SWFC is run, I would have lost my house. I invested in my business at my own risk for my own gain.  Chansiri has done the same but with bigger numbers. I’m not trying to put him down but also don’t understand this idea that he should be treated like some sort of Samaritan or saviour.

12 hours ago, lincolnowl said:

I don’t buy that DC has upset “thousands” of supporters. 

Crowds for the last two seasons are the highest since the mid-90s. 

if you're talking about upset and discontentment, the atmosphere at Hillsbrough last year was horrible for the majority of matches

• Like 1

just a thought that's probably been posted elsewhere but don't you think all the silence from the owner and staff has been purposely done until we find out our fate on wednesday and may even be part of the EFL investigation that you cant talk about it so that they cant be influenced, just like nobody knew about Birmingham until it happened

or am i talking to much sense   

3 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Imagine the uproar and hissy fits if we're under an embargo after WEdnesday.

SWFC once had some of the best fans in the country........

Get a grip n grow up abit.

Once upon a time eh?!

Agreed

Stupid fans not wanting to be under a transfer embargo

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed

Stupid fans not wanting to be under a transfer embargo

lol

Not stupid at all. You said that.

Need to live in the real (football) world. Which now compared to 20/25 years ago is rubbish but here we are. Accept and move on.

PS for what it's worth the biggest poo stirrer of all is @owlstalk.

For all the arguing and what not that does go off on here, you have a lot to answer for. Having said that when push comes to shove you do show more common sense than others so i'll give you that.

Edited by Standidno
  • Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It's turned into a sport for a few people.

Sad to see really

A hardcore who if they don't agree with a certain type of opinion, relish slagging our suppprters off.

Sad really, as face to face they would be more tolerant and would probably get on with the individuals who's opinions they despise on here.

5 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

A hardcore who if they don't agree with a certain type of opinion, relish slagging our suppprters off.

Sad really, as face to face they would be more tolerant and would probably get on with the individuals who's opinions they despise on here.

True

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Im sure there are plenty of people on here whose opinions I agree with who I would despise face to face

:stuwinky:

• Haha 1

Just now, londonowl said:

Im sure there are plenty of people on here whose opinions I agree with who I would despise face to face

:stuwinky:

You made my point for me. Thanks.

Different opinions on a forum don't deserve the hate. 

Ps you sound a reyt laugh.

11 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

This last sentence just about sums you up. I don’t want any Wednesday to be excluded from watching the team they love.

As long as you’re ok though eh?

The only thing i would say to "excluding wednesdy fans" is where do you cut it off you could put tickets at £20 and some wednesday fans will still not be able to afford it

2 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

This last sentence just about sums you up. I don’t want any Wednesday to be excluded from watching the team they love.

As long as you’re ok though eh?

Yep.

This ain’t the NHS mate, where tha ones who supposedly ‘can afford it’ carry all the others.

This is a privately run business and as with any business is priced according to how the owner / chief exec / whoever, sees fit. 

Are you inferring by your final sentence that maybe potg prices should be subsidised?

Or are you saying that prices for potg should be dictated by the lowest common denominator, ie the lowest price acceptable to everyone. 

(Charge a tenner & some would moan it should be a fiver)!!!

And by the way mate, the reason ‘I,m ok’ as you put it, is that I work my f*****n bol***s off a year after I should have jacked it in so I can carry on with the little luxuries in life, like watching Wednesday. 

Just now, PARKOWL said:

The only thing i would say to "excluding wednesdy fans" is where do you cut it off you could put tickets at £20 and some wednesday fans will still not be able to afford it

Whilst true I think it's safe to say it would make football way more accessible to way more people

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

‘social justice’ lobby 

Record season ticket sales. 

cabal Swfc bashing moaners.

‘silent’ majority 

Mistakes are inevitably made!

half baked experts 

it’s called business.

sniping 

supporters who don’t really ‘support’.

Please don’t bang the door on your way out!

Bingo!

• Haha 1