Can we show Chansiri and Luhukay some respect?

17 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Getting tired of reading nonsense on here from the some of the ignorant fans on here who have probably never run a business or risked investment in anything.

Running a business is not related to intelligence, some of the most successful business are ran by a man/woman with the iq of a kit-kat.

Besides all that, many fans I know invest with Bet Fred, William Hill...some I know have multiple accounts with turf accountants across the world  :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Getting tired of reading nonsense on here from the some of the ignorant fans on here who have probably never run a business or risked investment in anything. 

Both the Chairman and Manager getting unacceptable stick.

The Chairman has sunk tens of millions into our club. His strategy hasn’t worked and clearly he has been badly advised but the guy has put his money where his mouth is big time.

Luhakay is bring hounded by clueless idiots on the radio about an embargo.

Let him get on with coaching what is still a large and talented squad.

Let Chansiri get on with sorting out the financial situation.

Some people should be careful what they wish for and wind their necks in. We could have a lot worse owners and managers. 

yes there are some really nasty owners of clubs out there 1 who charges the kids the adult price ,but who`s to say chansiri wont turn on the support if he receives stick from the support .im hoping this season we can steady the ship ,and get in a new owner who has a much better way for us to go forward ,this season is going to be a rollercoaster ride not for the faint hearted . the last thing I want is falling crowds,anger,and our team`s confidence ripped to shreds by a toxic atmosphere . my views on what ive seen in past 3 pre season games are that defensively we are a shambles ,we have no pace (as we need to get the ball forward a lot  quicker) that's why getting 2 wing backs in even on loan would help us big style (sadly wont be happening)  I think we have enough quality in forward positions . 

I'd prefer a scenario where at least the fans stayed together on point and recognised that perhaps all isn't perfect with the leadership at the club but the intention has always been there to do the right thing.

The boom or bust way of going about trying to achieve promotion only works if you pay 'serious' money in the way Wolves did it last season, and we are nowhere near their level of backing.

I'd also like to see a scenario where fans pull the club up on certain elements en-masse with the ticket pricing being one of the biggest and most divisive issue that I've ever experienced during my time following Wednesday. 

If the club are following a new model moving forwards then price it accordingly and really build something to connect the fans back with the club as we had with Chansiri's 1st season as chairman. Above all, don't promise the earth and under deliver because it's the one thing that Wednesday fans have become so accustomed to for so long, and people are pretty wise to it.

2 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

It was a pertinent question affecting how the club is operating which needs an answer.

The careful what you wish for argument is naive and to be honest clueless. Continuing to bury your head in the sand hoping everything is ok is stupid. 

As jonsey87’s post, recognise what DC has done but you are allowed as paying customers and life long supporters to questions when things aren’t right. 

Customers don’t have the right to confidential financial information from a company when it’s in the middle of negotiating a contract.

The sense of entitlement is a joke. 

Just now, RichSheffWeds said:

Customers don’t have the right to confidential financial information from a company when it’s in the middle of negotiating a contract.

Think that comes from the expectations raised by constant talk of promotion from the chairman and previous manager, added to the increase in ticket prices, membership, shirts etc

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd prefer the next level up

A chairman who comes in, reduces the prices back to normal, stops risking everything on mad wages and player fees and builds a young upcoming team of exciting superstar youth players, who communicates with fans and genuinely gets on with them, who brings the fans back together again instead of introducing all kinds of different tiers and segments of fans who bicker with each other.

Player wise - same - sensible exciting young team 

Just because we've got Chansiri doesn't mean we should be threatening each other with Dave Allen etc

Whatever happens I know for a fact that the next chairman of this football club will have the easiest job ever. WIll be so easy to walk into the club and get everyone back on side pretty much immediately through a couple of common sense decisions and great PR

couldn't have written that better totally agree . you don't have to charge £49 for a ticket, £90 membership £100 for a shirt to be able to have a decent team on the pitch, preston for example charge half what we do wage bill is a quarter of ours yet they nearly finished in the playoffs ,same with Huddersfield they got a young german manager in who had loads of contacts and ideas and got them in premier league for a quarter of our wage bill. our scouting network has been a shambles now for a long time. both had/have young teams much quicker and exciting to watch , not a squad full of ageing players on huge money

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
10 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Respect is earned. 

The way Luhukay has conducted himself, gone about his business and behaves I have a huge amount of respect for him.

Unfortunately our chairman keeps seeming to alienate sections of the fans, increasingly divides the fan base, fleecing a working class city for all they can afford and keeps repeating the same mistakes. I won’t go into all the problems and rumours about how difficult he is to work with and how manny staff have left.

Chansiri has had some good qualities. Mainly spending his money on the club, but my respect isn’t bought. 

I don’t hate the man, or have bad things to say about him personally as I’ve never met him. I’m sure he doesn’t care in the slightest, but his actions mean he doesn’t have my respect. 

The fans divide themselves. He has invested millions and that alone deserves our respect, and just becsuse he has upset a few people at the club doesnt mean he was in the wrong. Not seen any claims for wrongful dismissal. You also seem very judgemental Without ever meeting DC. I have had dealings with the club and he is 100% commited to SWFC. I sometimes wish parts of our fanbase would take a step back and look at the overall picture rather than would be best for them as individuals. 

19 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I understand the point but I don’t know if keeping quiet is disrespectful. Isn’t it just sensible. If a buyer or seller of a player knows the financial position of the club then we’d be in a worse negotiating position.  Personally I think we could lose a few more fringe players and make space for the kids and still hit top 6.  We had a bloated squad so the pressure of ffp has probably done us a favour. 

There is no doubt that every prospective buying club has a fair idea of what our financial situation is. 

Don't think that we could convince anyone that we are in a strong negotiating position.

I like Jos and feel sorry for him to be honest. He will receive my full backing. The chairman imo isn’t doing a great job, lack of transfers with what looks like us being in an embargo, the crazy ticket prices, shirty prices etc leave a lot to be desired. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, just because you don’t agree with it doesn’t mean you should go round calling other fans idiots. 

1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

They should have the right to know what they are paying for though, they should have the right to know if they are forking out cash for bugger all...

and i doubt it would effect Wednesday fans if Chansiri had the bottle to come out and say 

"We are in a mess I need your help to get us out of it"

fans would understand that...

All we get is silence and price hikes....

Its hardly the way forward

23 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Respect is earned. 

The way Luhukay has conducted himself, gone about his business and behaves I have a huge amount of respect for him.

Unfortunately our chairman keeps seeming to alienate sections of the fans, increasingly divides the fan base, fleecing a working class city for all they can afford and keeps repeating the same mistakes. I won’t go into all the problems and rumours about how difficult he is to work with and how manny staff have left.

Chansiri has had some good qualities. Mainly spending his money on the club, but my respect isn’t bought. 

I don’t hate the man, or have bad things to say about him personally as I’ve never met him. I’m sure he doesn’t care in the slightest, but his actions mean he doesn’t have my respect. 

I agree 

People in powerful positions have big decisions to make 

I don’t expect to agree with them all but I do expect to understand their logic or reasoning behind the decision 

A lot of what DC does I just can not understand what he’s thinking 

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

There is no doubt that every prospective buying club has a fair idea of what our financial situation is. 

Don't think that we could convince anyone that we are in a strong negotiating position.

Yes it’s hard to disguise the fact that we’ve sold and not bought or even put in offers.  We still have a great squad though and long term bringing the kids through will be to the club’s benefit.  

Fail to understand why people excuse the Chairman by saying “he has been badly advised”.

even if that was true, it displays naivety, which is not really what you want from someone running the club.

everything I have heard from people who have had dealings with the club say that he doesn’t take advice. It’s his way or the highway.

Jos has my respect, because he has earned it.

The other bloke.....

Guest Willow Owl
4 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

He has upset thousands of supporters this means he is in the wrong even if the upset fans have got it wrong. He needs to explain his decisions better if he genuinely believes in them and get everyone on board. He has marketed it wrong and communicated badly.

I am seeing the bigger picture and not seeing it as an individual. I can currently afford a season ticket but if he carries on with this crazy pricing structure and poor management then the supporters will drift away until there is no one left. Are you happy for this to continue?

I think thousands is an overstatement.  

Forgive me but didnt he have an extensive Q&A ask the chairman where he answered all the questions that still keep getting regurgitated time and time again.. 

The averages have also gone up since he took over and invested millions. What would reducing prices achieve, an increase in attendances (highly unlikely) 

Their needs to be a more reasonable match day pricing agreed, but it has to be pitched as to not upset ST holders who provide the majority of the clubs income.