Can we show Chansiri and Luhukay some respect?

41 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Im not suggesting for one minute we are given confidential information, you are being obtuse just for the sake of it.

Get your head out of the sand. Read the very balanced responses in this thread and accept you’ve got this one wrong.

We should all be pulling together not trying to have petty point scoring.

We are seeing more and more knee jerk threads on here constantly moaning about the Chairman and Manager.

People seem to forget he is the only owner to put any serious money into our club in living memory.

Something people have been begging for.

Yes he’s made some mistakes - I imagine he’s a lot more brassed off privately with those mistakes than any poster on here. 

That level of financial commitment does deserve respect.

Instead we get constant bleating and over reactions. 

Watch the explosion of nonsense on here if we don’t beat Wigan on Saturday.

It’s time for you to get your head out of the sand, not me. 

32 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Yes it’s hard to disguise the fact that we’ve sold and not bought or even put in offers.  We still have a great squad though and long term bringing the kids through will be to the club’s benefit.  

I would say a good squad, not a great squad though we do still have some great players at this level. To be honest I would be a little happier if the club just came out and said yes we still have to move some on before we can buy rather than say nothing. I would be more concerned if we were in a position where we could buy players but weren't looking to do so.

1 hour ago, Watson said:

Cause you are, but why should they listen to you?  What are you bringing to the party? 

Err, lets think, balloons, hats and those squeaky things that unfurl as you blow them.

5 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Got utmost respect for Luhukay, and anyone having a go at him for the transfer embargo answer can't be a full shilling. 

Chansiri has done very little to earn my respect. 

Completely agree on Luhukay, he has seemingly got nowhere to go on this and needs support and clarification from above.

Chansiri has made a fair few mistakes and decisions I don't agree with but very little worthy or any respect, really? 

Guest Willow Owl
54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd prefer the next level up

A chairman who comes in, reduces the prices back to normal, stops risking everything on mad wages and player fees and builds a young upcoming team of exciting superstar youth players, who communicates with fans and genuinely gets on with them, who brings the fans back together again instead of introducing all kinds of different tiers and segments of fans who bicker with each other.

Player wise - same - sensible exciting young team 

Just because we've got Chansiri doesn't mean we should be threatening each other with Dave Allen etc

Whatever happens I know for a fact that the next chairman of this football club will have the easiest job ever. WIll be so easy to walk into the club and get everyone back on side pretty much immediately through a couple of common sense decisions and great PR

Who would be the next level up, based on our previous chairmen DC is by far and away the best we have had (investment wise).

What would reducing prices actually achieve for the club

Arent the results of DC's investment in youth set up now bearing fruit.. 

A chairman who set up steering meetings, and an extensive ask the chairman Q&A to answer fans questions

Are you actually insinuating we would be better off without Chansiri.. Or just after more hits 

Guest Willow Owl
12 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Got utmost respect for Luhukay, and anyone having a go at him for the transfer embargo answer can't be a full shilling. 

Chansiri has done very little to earn my respect. 

Has any chairman Kivo

58 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

The fans divide themselves. He has invested millions and that alone deserves our respect, and just becsuse he has upset a few people at the club doesnt mean he was in the wrong. Not seen any claims for wrongful dismissal. You also seem very judgemental Without ever meeting DC. I have had dealings with the club and he is 100% commited to SWFC. I sometimes wish parts of our fanbase would take a step back and look at the overall picture rather than would be best for them as individuals. 

I don’t see where in my post I was being judgemental? 

I stated hes alienating fans, but charging such high prices and increasing membership he is. The decisions he makes does divide the fan base etc. They are just facts, not judgements.

I also praised him for investing his money.

I’ve not questioned his commitment to Sheffield Wednesday. The club and the business. He will want to protect his investment.

What I am question is how he’s gone on about it and continues to the run club. Just because in my opinion he’s making mistake after mistake, doesn’t mean in his head he’s doing what he believes is 100% right. 

Happens a lot when I post, people just make up what I’ve said to suit their arguement. 

Also if people didn’t look out what’s best for them as individuals they wouldn’t feel part of the club. Should a fan of x amount of years just give up on something they love because they now can’t afford it? The overall picture to many a fan is loving and supporting their team in their own way. DC has and is continuing to take that away from some. 

• Like 1

DC needs to make a statement about the issues at the club, it’s that simple. 

1: Are we under an embargo? 

2: What’s the plan if we are? 

Fan base needs to get off JLs back and let him do the job he’s trying to do under increasing pressure. Pressure I may add could be relived from above with the statement. 

The respect issues a strange one, he doesn’t owe us anything, we don’t owe him anything, it’s a football club and a business - he or any owner WILL fleece the fan base for what it’s worth - FACT, the difference is how it’s packaged up to the people you are fleecing and making them feel they get value - something we don’t do well. 

Edited by Spencerowl

1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Getting tired of reading nonsense on here from the some of the ignorant fans on here who have probably never run a business or risked investment in anything. 

Both the Chairman and Manager getting unacceptable stick.

The Chairman has sunk tens of millions into our club. His strategy hasn’t worked and clearly he has been badly advised but the guy has put his money where his mouth is big time.

Luhakay is bring hounded by clueless idiots on the radio about an embargo.

Let him get on with coaching what is still a large and talented squad.

Let Chansiri get on with sorting out the financial situation.

Some people should be careful what they wish for and wind their necks in. We could have a lot worse owners and managers. 

Well said mate.

Time to stop moaning and start supporting we like to think we are the best supporters around time to now show it....let’s be having you! 

Short memories some folk. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair that's been said in defence of every single chairman and manager ever to have been at SWFC

I don't actually think it has to be honest and very few of the Chairmen have put as much into the club as the current incumbent.

I certainly don't recall anyone defending Eric Taylor via the Green Un letters page when the clamour for his removal was at its peak.

14 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I would say a good squad, not a great squad though we do still have some great players at this level. To be honest I would be a little happier if the club just came out and said yes we still have to move some on before we can buy rather than say nothing. I would be more concerned if we were in a position where we could buy players but weren't looking to do so.

I think the chairman is probably a proud man and wouldn’t want to admit he gambled in the first 2 seasons and it didn’t work, as much as anything because he wouldn’t want to be seen to have let us down. He can’t win - unless we get a result on Saturday then all this will be forgotten. 

Guest Willow Owl
32 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

If it’s not thousands and just hundreds it’s still too many.

He may have answered but if the answer doesn’t make sense or people are still upset then he needs to come up with a different way.

If Vodafone roll out what they think is a great deal on the new iPhone but customers think it’s a rip off would Vodafone change it or say ‘that’s what it is, take it or leave it’. Even if the deal is actually a good deal but the customers don’t get it, it needs changing or no one will buy it.

The vast majority of the commercial management of the club is wrong or appears wrong which needs to change quickly before irreparable damage is done.

So you're basically saying he has answered questions and communicated with the fans, you didn't understand and its his fault. 

What has Vodafone got to do with it. With that you are a target for numerous suppliers of the i phone so is irrelevant. 

The commercial side has been a right off for many years, well before Chansiri 

1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Getting tired of reading nonsense on here from the some of the ignorant fans on here who have probably never run a business or risked investment in anything. 

Both the Chairman and Manager getting unacceptable stick.

The Chairman has sunk tens of millions into our club. His strategy hasn’t worked and clearly he has been badly advised but the guy has put his money where his mouth is big time.

Luhakay is bring hounded by clueless idiots on the radio about an embargo.

Let him get on with coaching what is still a large and talented squad.

Let Chansiri get on with sorting out the financial situation.

Some people should be careful what they wish for and wind their necks in. We could have a lot worse owners and managers. 

Totally agree but i'd save your breath mate.

The kangaroo court has been in session and reached its verdict.

Guest Willow Owl
27 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

DC needs to make a statement about the issues at the club, it’s that simple. 

1: Are we under an embargo? 

2: What’s the plan if we are? 

Fan base needs to get off JLs back and let him do the job he’s trying to do under increasing pressure. Pressure I may add could be relived from above with the statement. 

The respect issues a strange one, he doesn’t owe us anything, we don’t owe him anything, it’s a football club and a business - he or any owner WILL fleece the fan base for what it’s worth - FACT, the difference is how it’s packaged up to the people you are fleecing and making them feel they get value - something we don’t do well. 

We don't owe him anything. Please let me know what direction you think we were heading before DC. 

I like Jo's, OK he had a few dodgy results after taking over last season here and there, but that was always going to happen with an unfit, injured, low on confidence squad he knew nothing of when he took over, but in a little time he steadied the ship and those last 10/12 games was promotion form. 

Pre season has been a bit awful to say the least, but it has been used how its supposed to be, trying players out, different tactics, formations etc,so hopefully Jos will have a better understanding now of what is needed going into the season, even if its making a few on here panic. 

As for the chairman, I won't go into detail as I'm not a businessman, but I am an engineer, and he's done some notably good things, we all know of and dropped some big old clangers, we also know too, problem for me seems like the situation at a job I'm at over at Hull with two buildings that are over 10 months now behind construction deadlines. 

The management company just keep making the same mistakes over and over, they have an idea and decide on it without looking at the effects of the areas around it, meaning by solving one problem, they cause several others simply by not doing the ground work properly. I'll give one example, its OK fleecing us 30/40+ year olds with disposable income, but by outpricing young families without the extra funds to be able to go to games, buy merchandise etc.. from being able to  go support our club many will get disolusioned and go elsewhere, kids grow up supporting other clubs since they can't afford to go and just watch them on TV and in the short term we'll see very little effect, yet in the long term the damage can be very great. 

We've been investing in the youth system heavier than we ever had so for in my lifetime, but if the local prospect and future players aren't Wednesday fans, they'll be less inclined to want to sign for us and when the older end retiring from going start to dwindle there are less younger fans to take up the mantle and attendances may well drop as a result. 

Edited by shezzas left peg