Can we show Chansiri and Luhukay some respect?

Guest Willow Owl
4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you don't think we have a fan base over 40k then …….you don't think losing around 39 million over 3 years equates to losing a million a month , you don't think nearly half the squad are in the last year of there contracts ,...……..the built on sand is just my view so I cant justify that one 

I said majority!

We dont have a fan base of 40k we havent averaged over 30k since the sixties. We have cup final fans or play off final fans who will only ever turn up at these games.

Agreed we are losing what equates to around 39mill. 

You dont know if we cant buy anybody. 

You dont know if we have to reduce our wage bill. 

Some players are in the last 12months but you dont know we won't be able to offer new contracts. And why would we if some of these players are massive failures. 

All of above will become clearer this week, then you may be right or wrong. 

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

derby have more sense than to let players run down there contracts ….. 

And are still in this division. 

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

I said majority!

We dont have a fan base of 40k we havent averaged over 30k since the sixties. We have cup final fans or play off final fans who will only ever turn up at these games.

Agreed we are losing what equates to around 39mill. 

You dont know if we cant buy anybody. 

You dont know if we have to reduce our wage bill. 

Some players are in the last 12months but you dont know we won't be able to offer new contracts. And why would we if some of these players are massive failures. 

All of above will become clearer this week, then you may be right or wrong. 

i'm 100% certain we have a fan base well over 40k …...your right I don't know for certain we have to reduce the wage bill but losing a million a month and the sanctions that will impose on the club makes me think we do …….

I agree. We should shut up and let chansiri sort out the financial mess we are in. After all, he's the one who put us in it. 

Why then are we the fans the ones who have got to dig deep to fund this fantasy journey back to the premier league? 

Chansiri gambled and it didn't come off and it's left us in a crap situation this season regarding strengthening. I'm sure he'll learn from his mistakes regarding signings but the prices are never going down. Accept that at least, and for god's sake, stop posting about it day after day. We get it.

For the super business people on here with the super business advice, what would you do? Do you want Chansiri to go? What comes after? Will you pool all your business acumen and money together and take us to the prem.

What are you asking for?

Is it just a coincidence that the fans who constantly talk so positively about chansiri always purely base it on the money he's spent. 

My dad had a great job when I was young and I always got the things I wanted within reason. Wasn't spoilt or anything but I was very fortunate. The money however meant nothing to me compared with the way my dad treated me and how he was always there for me through everything. 

I always remember him saying to me that giving me money was the easy bit cos he had it to give. It was everything else that took effort. In my eyes that effprt made him a great dad, not the money.

In a way, that's how I judge our chairman. He does the easy bit well i.e. spending money, but everything has been nothing but shambolic. 

Just cos he's throwing money into the club doesn't make him a great chairman.  Anyone can do that. It's the other stuff that is crippling us.

Edited by poite
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Chansiri gambled and it didn't come off and it's left us in a crap situation this season regarding strengthening. I'm sure he'll learn from his mistakes regarding signings but the prices are never going down. Accept that at least, and for god's sake, stop posting about it day after day. We get it.

For the super business people on here with the super business advice, what would you do? Do you want Chansiri to go? What comes after? Will you pool all your business acumen and money together and take us to the prem.

What are you asking for?

Pretty sure if chansiri left he'd sell us to someone for a ridiculous price meaning that the new owner would be well funded.

Love these people who think that he might just get naffed off, jump on a plane and leave the club never to be seen again resulting in a bunch of fans having to pick up the pieces and try to run it themselves. 

Personally, i couldn't give a stuff if chansiri sticks the for sale sign up and ditches us for the highest bidder. It's a risk yes, but chansiri does nothing for me to lose any sleep over it.

Edited by poite

1 minute ago, poite said:

Pretty sure if chansiri left he'd sell us to someone for a ridiculous price meaning that the new owner would be well funded.

Love these people who think that he might just get naffed off, jump on a plane and leave the club never to be seen again resulting in a bunch of fans having to pick up the pieces and try to run it themselves. 

Personally, i couldn't give a stuff in chansiri sticks the for sale sign up and ditches us for the highest bidder. It's a risk yes, but chansiri does nothing for me to lose any sleep over it.

So put the club up for sale then. That's where many of you are at the moment I guess. You've somehow had a meltdown before the Club has. Last season was our stinker. You know I heard some of our fans booing Palmer and Jones in a friendly game on Saturday. Disgusting. 

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

He’s had three years to start getting it right, how long should it take.

The Vodafone analogy was entirely rekevabt yet you fail to understand. In very simple terms. If a business does not get buy in from its customers, it’s the business that is wrong, not the customers!

I believe it was you that said he shouldn’t listen to suggestions on owlstalk so why should I bother if it’s not going to be listened to. However, there have been numerous suggestions. One very simply basic principle that Neil has highlighted is when you advertise something for sale, make sure people can actually buy it and not be directed to a blank page on the website. Basic basic stuff that a school project would get right. This does not take 3 fu*kin years to sort!

You cannot just keep blaming him for everything that has gone wrong at the club in the last 20 years. The commercial side is no longer hemorrhaging money like it was, but admittedly needs improvement. Like i have mentioned to another poster, we do not have a purpose built stadium like Pride Park that attracts commercial opportunities. Our ground us old and not appealing. 

Regarding your Vodafone analogy, well let's see. 

If a business does not get buy in from it's customers, its the business that is wrong. We have 21k season ticket holders (record sales) and have the highest attendance average since the late 90's. So the customers are definately buying in and the business 

Must be okay (if i have understood correctly) 

I did say that about Owlstalk, he may not listen but i would be interested in your thoughts. 

I am assuming the blank webpage is a reference to something that happened on the clubs webpage. I dont know what happened so cannot comment

Just now, TommyCraig said:

So put the club up for sale then. That's where many of you are at the moment I guess. You've somehow had a meltdown before the Club has. Last season was our stinker. You know I heard some of our fans booing Palmer and Jones in a friendly game on Saturday. Disgusting. 

I'm just saying I wouldn't care if he did.

Not sure what fans booing Palmer and Jones has to do with anything but for the record yes that's stupid. Never boo your own players. 

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

Why should I accept prices are never going down if it is widely accepted they are obscene?

Why should I accept that these high prices are are driving supporters away which we will never get back?

Why should I accept that these high prices are potentially losing us the next generation of supporters? The kids prices are very good but if parents can’t afford their tickets to take them the cost of kids tickets is largely irrelevant.

We don’t have to give super business advice, that’s not our job not matter how patronisingly you put it. We can however give customer feedback that we aren’t happy to which any business worth it’s salt would listen to and implement change.

If you are happy with the above, that’s fine but I’m not and as a loyal paying customer and life long supporter I’ll have my say thanks.

I know, it's just that you say it so bloody often.

1 minute ago, poite said:

I'm just saying I wouldn't care if he did.

Not sure what fans booing Palmer and Jones has to do with anything but for the record yes that's stupid. Never boo your own players. 

Yes, I've brought another subject up there, I guess I'm just a bit dismayed by the sheer amount of negatives being cast before a ball has been kicked. Like someone said earlier, were joint top at the minute.

Guest Willow Owl
57 minutes ago, poite said:

I agree. We should shut up and let chansiri sort out the financial mess we are in. After all, he's the one who put us in it. 

Why then are we the fans the ones who have got to dig deep to fund this fantasy journey back to the premier league? 

I’m happy to do my bit for that journey. 

4 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Getting tired of reading nonsense on here from the some of the ignorant fans on here who have probably never run a business or risked investment in anything. 

Both the Chairman and Manager getting unacceptable stick.

The Chairman has sunk tens of millions into our club. His strategy hasn’t worked and clearly he has been badly advised but the guy has put his money where his mouth is big time.

Luhakay is bring hounded by clueless idiots on the radio about an embargo.

Let him get on with coaching what is still a large and talented squad.

Let Chansiri get on with sorting out the financial situation.

Some people should be careful what they wish for and wind their necks in. We could have a lot worse owners and managers. 

What a knob. 

• Haha 6

Guest Willow Owl
7 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Where have I blamed him for the last 20 years!?!?!

I blame him for the current ridiculous prices, the 150th anniversary non event, the kit fiasco last year and to a certain extent this year, the bizarre 1867 scheme, sanctioning some poor recruitment and high wages, the strange handling of the George Hirst situation, not getting rid however if CC soon enough etc etc.

I give him credit for a high level of investment in the squad resulting in us nearly getting to the premier league, investment in the training ground, the Desso pitch and trying to improve the facilities in the ground.

I agree season tickets have sold in very high numbers however I don’t believe this demonstrates buy in. This has been largely a fear of being priced out if left to POTG tickets. If he had things right why are so many people saying ‘that’s me out, I can’t justify going anymore’ or ‘I’ve never felt so disconnected from the club’

The blank webpage was on the OS firstly for the kits and then the membership when a statement was released saying ‘in sake now’. I think you must agree the online shop is far from perfect. 

Just because things are better than they were doesn’t mean we should stop at that. If it’s still not right then keep going until they are. Everyone benefits, we get a better experience and hopefully success and DC gets an asset with a higher value.

Anyway, I’m off to bed. Sweet dreams.

Same here, enjoyed that debate pal and its all about opinions. Wawaw

4 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Respect is earned. 

The way Luhukay has conducted himself, gone about his business and behaves I have a huge amount of respect for him.

Unfortunately our chairman keeps seeming to alienate sections of the fans, increasingly divides the fan base, fleecing a working class city for all they can afford and keeps repeating the same mistakes. I won’t go into all the problems and rumours about how difficult he is to work with and how manny staff have left.

Chansiri has had some good qualities. Mainly spending his money on the club, but my respect isn’t bought. 

I don’t hate the man, or have bad things to say about him personally as I’ve never met him. I’m sure he doesn’t care in the slightest, but his actions mean he doesn’t have my respect. 

Superb post spot on

11 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Getting tired of reading nonsense on here from the some of the ignorant fans on here who have probably never run a business or risked investment in anything. 

Both the Chairman and Manager getting unacceptable stick.

The Chairman has sunk tens of millions into our club. His strategy hasn’t worked and clearly he has been badly advised but the guy has put his money where his mouth is big time.

Luhakay is bring hounded by clueless idiots on the radio about an embargo.

Let him get on with coaching what is still a large and talented squad.

Let Chansiri get on with sorting out the financial situation.

Some people should be careful what they wish for and wind their necks in. We could have a lot worse owners and managers. 

Jos should absolutely get the full backing of every fan after the miracle he pulled last season when he took over from Clueless.

Chansiri should hang his head in shame for the financial mismanagement of this club, if he has been badly advised that makes it all the worse as you'd seriously have to ask the question, does this man have a clue what he is doing.

7 hours ago, sw1867 said:

Where have I blamed him for the last 20 years!?!?!

I blame him for the current ridiculous prices, the 150th anniversary non event, the kit fiasco last year and to a certain extent this year, the bizarre 1867 scheme, sanctioning some poor recruitment and high wages, the strange handling of the George Hirst situation, not getting rid however if CC soon enough etc etc.

I give him credit for a high level of investment in the squad resulting in us nearly getting to the premier league, investment in the training ground, the Desso pitch and trying to improve the facilities in the ground.

I agree season tickets have sold in very high numbers however I don’t believe this demonstrates buy in. This has been largely a fear of being priced out if left to POTG tickets. If he had things right why are so many people saying ‘that’s me out, I can’t justify going anymore’ or ‘I’ve never felt so disconnected from the club’

The blank webpage was on the OS firstly for the kits and then the membership when a statement was released saying ‘in sake now’. I think you must agree the online shop is far from perfect. 

Just because things are better than they were doesn’t mean we should stop at that. If it’s still not right then keep going until they are. Everyone benefits, we get a better experience and hopefully success and DC gets an asset with a higher value.

Anyway, I’m off to bed. Sweet dreams.

Things are better all round...on the pitch, commercially etc. Why would the chairman just stop ? If it took 20 years for the club to be on it's arse why do some people think 3 years can fix it. It's ongoing development and, like the academy, were going in the right direction. This self entitlement crap really gets my goat. There are clubs who have thrown money at promotion who haven't got as close at we have over the last three years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Two out of three play offs is the best this club has done for nearly 20 years...we didn't get there but anyone who says that the club hasn't moved forward FFS

Had moved forward not stagnant FFS