Can we show Chansiri and Luhukay some respect?

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

We don't owe him anything. Please let me know what direction you think we were heading before DC. 

We don’t owe him anything because he didn’t buy SWFC just for the passion of the club, he wasn’t a big football fan.

it’s a business investment for him, trying to turn a profit on it

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I like Jo's, OK he had a few dodgy results after taking over last season here and there, but that was always going to happen with an unfit, injured, low on confidence squad he knew nothing of when he took over, but in a little time he steadied the ship and those last 10/12 games was promotion form. 

Pre season has been a bit awful to say the least, but it has been used how its supposed to be, trying players out, different tactics, formations etc,so hopefully Jos will have a better understanding now of what is needed going into the season, even if its making a few on here panic. 

As for the chairman, I won't go into detail as I'm not a businessman, but I am an engineer, and he's done some notably good things, we all know of and dropped some big old clangers, we also know too, problem for me seems like the situation at a job I'm at over at Hull with two buildings that are over 10 months now behind construction deadlines. 

The management company just keep making the same mistakes over and over, they have an idea and decide on it without looking at the effects of the areas around it, meaning by solving one problem, they cause several others simply by not doing the ground work properly. I'll give one example, its OK fleecing us 30/40+ year olds with disposable income, but by outpricing young families without the extra funds to be able to go to games, buy merchandise etc.. from being able to  go support our club many will get disolusioned and go elsewhere, kids grow up supporting other clubs since they can't afford to go and just watch them on TV and in the short term we'll see very little effect, yet in the long term the damage can be very great. 

We've been investing in the youth system heavier than we ever had so for in my lifetime, but if the local prospect and future players aren't Wednesday fans, they'll be less inclined to want to sign for us. 

To be fair the kids offers are fantastic value this season. Just need to be advertised more. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, Spencerowl said:

We don’t owe him anything because he didn’t buy SWFC just for the passion of the club, he wasn’t a big football fan.

it’s a business investment for him, trying to turn a profit on it

A profit to which we would benefit as fans by watching Premier league (hopefully) 

You didnt answer my question

Just now, Willow Owl said:

A profit to which we would benefit as fans by watching Premier league (hopefully) 

You didnt answer my question

We were not going anywhere under MM, arguably we still are not. 

I don’t really agree either about the profit aspect, yes we as fans would benefit from PL as the The reward of course but that still doesn’t mean we owe DC anything. We don’t. 

if a manager was at a club for over 3 years and had not moved the club forward then he'd expect and get some stick of the fans …….then it's only to be expected that the owner who after all is far more culpable for the  situation  should cop some criticism …….jos is totally blameless for the predicament the club are in chansiri is not .

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

if a manager was at a club for over 3 years and had not moved the club forward then he'd expect and get some stick of the fans …….then it's only to be expected that the owner who after all is far more culpable for the  situation  should cop some criticism …….jos is totally blameless for the predicament the club are in chansiri is not .

Two out of three play offs is the best this club has done for nearly 20 years...we didn't get there but anyone who says that the club hasn't moved forward FFS

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Two out of three play offs is the best this club has done for nearly 20 years...we didn't get there but anyone who says that the club hasn't moved forward FFS

And would you say the club was moved forward last season? 

2 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

If I don’t understand it and loads of others don’t then yes of course it his problem.

If you didn’t understand the Vodafone analogy then don’t go near any sharp objects, I fear for your safety.

So because we as Wednesday fans can’t go anywhere else then it’s ok to treat us with contempt. Just because the commercial side was crap before DC then it’s ok for him to continue this poor performance.

If he maximised all commercial avenues he might be able to stop charging our supports what are widely accepted by everyone as the highest crazy prices.

This is what I don’t get, we are obviously crying out for investment but no sponsors? 

When sponsershio deals are offered they are priced to put off, really weird 

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

but we havnt have we ……..we lose around million quid a month, we arnt allowed to buy players , we have to reduce the wage bill , we have half the squad in the last year of there contracts and probably not in a position to offer them a new one , the fans are split down the middle between STs & potg,...…..yes the club  had 2 good seasons where we reached the play offs but that was built on sand and now it's rapidly sinking into it .    

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

If I don’t understand it and loads of others don’t then yes of course it his problem.

If you didn’t understand the Vodafone analogy then don’t go near any sharp objects, I fear for your safety.

So because we as Wednesday fans can’t go anywhere else then it’s ok to treat us with contempt. Just because the commercial side was crap before DC then it’s ok for him to continue this poor performance.

If he maximised all commercial avenues he might be able to stop charging our supports what are widely accepted by everyone as the highest crazy prices.

Totally understood the Vodafone point, but was irrelevant as part of your argument. While DC had got things wrong i dont believe hes deliberately treating fans with contempt.. 

The commercial issues are long standing and several regimes have tried to maximise revenue without success. Does that not suggest the problem is more deep rooted and needs time to sort out. 

What would be your suggestions. 

Why can't we look at what other clubs have done well to avoid the FFP curse.

Derby have spent millions over the last few years and still continue to spend because they are better at marketing and attract fans and business with deals and low prices. They are the example of how a club should be run, we are an example how not to do it from a income point of view.

The best investment the chairman could make would be to offer this lady a job https://uk.linkedin.com/in/fayenixon

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

but we havnt have we ……..we lose around million quid a month, we arnt allowed to buy players , we have to reduce the wage bill , we have half the squad in the last year of there contracts and probably not in a position to offer them a new one , the fans are split down the middle between STs & potg,...…..yes the club  had 2 good seasons where we reached the play offs but that was built on sand and now it's rapidly sinking into it .    

Majority of your post is assuming the points are factually correct which i would dispute. We have 21k season tickets so don't get the 50/50 split. 

Guest Kameron
27 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Bless...self entitled to a tee... btw it's quiet lol 

crybaby 2.jpg

Maybe if Chansiri was more upfront supporters may be a little more understanding, and therefore more inclined to pay the £99 membership fee or accept the continued high matchday prices in the know it was helping the club out of a hole.  I can see the need for discretion so not to alert rivals of our predicament but when your asking supporters to stump up the highest prices in the league it’s completely out of order to promise continued levels of investment knowing full well this was not possible.

6 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Majority of your post is assuming the points are factually correct which i would dispute. We have 21k season tickets so don't get the 50/50 split. 

you don't think we have a fan base over 40k then …….you don't think losing around 39 million over 3 years equates to losing a million a month , you don't think nearly half the squad are in the last year of there contracts ,...……..the built on sand is just my view so I cant justify that one 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, Prince said:

Why can't we look at what other clubs have done well to avoid the FFP curse.

Derby have spent millions over the last few years and still continue to spend because they are better at marketing and attract fans and business with deals and low prices. They are the example of how a club should be run, we are an example how not to do it from a income point of view.

The best investment the chairman could make would be to offer this lady a job https://uk.linkedin.com/in/fayenixon

To be fair Derby had a purpose built ground to maximise this type of potential income, and is in the middle of a trading area. Have you visited their corporate areas they are massive. Our ground doesnt allow for this and was designed in the dark ages.. 

Derby have also regularly sold on players. Tom ince for one at 12mill, Will hughes 8mill, Jeff Hendrick. Etc. Which is probably why they are still in this division. I think its difficult to compare like for like. 

4 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

To be fair Derby had a purpose built ground to maximise this type of potential income, and is in the middle of a trading area. Have you visited their corporate areas they are massive. Our ground doesnt allow for this and was designed in the dark ages.. 

Derby have also regularly sold on players. Tom ince for one at 12mill, Will hughes 8mill, Jeff Hendrick. Etc. Which is probably why they are still in this division. I think its difficult to compare like for like. 

Like most sides in this division they just seem to have nailed the marketing side of things and don't treat fans like they have bottomless pockets.

6 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

derby have more sense than to let players run down there contracts ….. 

54 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

We are losing millions..a lot more than when mm ran the show..we are not moving forward