#SWFC agree terms with Norwich for Jordan Rhodes

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Norwich will struggle this season, and for that reason I'm.not sure signing Rhodes will be a good move for them They're going to need players that affect games and Rhodes doesn't do that- he's a finisher, and not a lot more.

Haven't they signed someone to put it on a plate for him?.....

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I know what you mean, at Huddersfield and Blackburn he seemed to read the path of the ball perfectly and outsmart defenders. He’s had a few potential lift off moments here but the pressure to build on that and score again and again seems to have had the wrong effect. Players like Hooper, Fletcher and Nuhiu have all seemed more comfortable. The playoff semi was dissapointing and he amongst several others lacked some conviction and aggression in that game. By the end under Jos I think he looked fitter and more aggressive but we simply cannot afford to keep him having failed a third time to get promoted. I just hope fans remember that if he does well at Norwich, our hands are tied here

Boringly I've said before, sometimes you just have to cut your losses. Whoever gets the blame, we've got to get on with it. I'm sure JL will have a plan, better luck with injuries this season will see us top 8 at least. I'm certainly not worried about Norwich as competition.

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Haven't they signed someone to put it on a plate for him?.....

Some players take to new positions, but from what I can tell Marshall has not really taken well to be changed from winger to wing back.

Has he been signed as a winger, a wingback, or a fullback?

Now, my bold is a telling question because if he's a wingback, that suggests Norwich will line up similarly to how we did last season under Jos, a formation where Rhodes did not flourish in.

Edited by HubristicClapper

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Yerssss...my people are having a close look at you...

They don't like what they see.

I have chalfonts too 

I don't like what I feel ......

Ask your people for some Anusol please..

drop it off to me same time as the Audit maybe ? 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 2

Just now, HubristicClapper said:

Some players take to new positions, but from what I can tell he's not really take well to be changed from winger to wing back.

Has he been signed as a winger, a wingback, or a fullback?

Now, my bold is a telling question because if he's a wingback, that suggests Norwich will line up similarly to how we did last season under Jos, a formation where Rhodes did not flourish in.

It's a big investment for them.

Surely they've done their homework?

Just now, Costello 77 said:

It's a big investment for them.

Surely they've done their homework?

You have a player who has been a bit diverse in how he has been played in recent times though - he has played wing back and full back far more in the last few years.

The homework on Marshall is not my issue - but if he's supposed to put it on a plate for Rhodes, what i'm getting at is the likely formation for Norwich next season, which IMHO does affect Rhodes - he will not play well in a 3 CB formation, in any variant of it.

You have a player who has been a bit diverse in how he has been played in recent times though - he has played wing back and full back far more in the last few years.

The homework on Marshall is not my issue - but if he's supposed to put it on a plate for Rhodes, what i'm getting at is the likely formation for Norwich next season, which IMHO does affect Rhodes - he will not play well in a 3 CB formation, in any variant of it.

You make really good points.

Only hope i'm right - any team spending this season can go one of two ways.    If they spend and go the wrong way it only helps our cause.

Well at least we won't be caught in that trap this season.:Chansiri:

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Don't fiddle about with dirty fingers...pm me and I'll lend you my bearing press.

I've just been doing a fitness test as per Shandypants guidance ...

I'm not in a good place at the moment ...

I'm off to Norwich in the morning for further  treatment and a manicure .......

12 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

Good post this, very very good point 

24 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Norwich will struggle this season, and for that reason I'm.not sure signing Rhodes will be a good move for them They're going to need players that affect games and Rhodes doesn't do that- he's a finisher, and not a lot more.

So we lose a top 6 RB in Hunt.

Loovens, Wallace, Clare, Hirst, Rhodes and Butterfield.

Yet Norwich will struggle, after selling a player for 22m. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Better for all concerned if he moves on.

Clearly hasn’t worked out for him here.

Appears to be a lovely lad but looked like he was carrying a weight of expectation (and a bag of spuds) on his shoulders.

You know something is badly wrong when your star striker, signed to make the difference and helps us get promoted, won’t take a penalty in a play off semi final. That was pretty shambolic. 

Yes....and it clearly traces back to the penalty miss at Leeds. Somehow you could tell it wasn't going to work out. Such a shame he seems a decent bloke.