Peter Atherton

9 hours ago, Kalamunda said:

Man-marked McManaman out of the game at Anfield once. Very confident performance that... but don’t remember much else from him

Yes, that was one of his better days. Highlight for me was when he cleaned up Vialli in cup match against Chelsea. 

He was brought in to replace Roland, which as we've found out is impossible.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Quite possibly one of the worst players in my time watching Wednesday bang average

makes you wonder how he played over 200 games for us  ,captained the team, won player of the season award, a regular under 5 different managers and when we went  down he stayed in the prem …….i'd say in the last 20 years he's one of the best defenders we've had . 

Edited by torryowl

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

makes you wonder how he played over 200 games for us  ,captained the team, won player of the season award, a regular under 5 different managers and when we went  down he stayed in the prem …….i'd say in the last 20 years he's one of the best defenders we've had . 

I think people don't remember him well as he was an unglamorous player who replaced Roland Nilsson one of our greatest ever players and was part of team that slid down the table.

On 03/07/2018 at 12:53, soldierboyblue said:

Quite possibly one of the worst players in my time watching Wednesday bang average

Bang average is far better than most of the defenders we have had since then. That includes fan favourites like llera and all the other dross we had whilst in league 1 and the championship.