Football Heaven 2018 - 2019

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

Oh and he won’t be sacked.

Because he’s doing the Chairman’s bidding.

And, the next one will do the same.

The Club hasn’t got a pot to urinate in - is my bet.

you see i agree it's short term  but tbh we have to worry about our league status - first 

the longer term is down to whether the present owner wants to get out or just let us rot because he can (ala charlton) 

21 minutes ago, steelowl said:

you see i agree it's short term  but tbh we have to worry about our league status - first 

the longer term is down to whether the present owner wants to get out or just let us rot because he can (ala charlton) 

Our league status is merely a reflection of the ambitions of the Chairman.

IMO - you’re just delaying the inevitable. A change of manager - so what?

You’re like a betrayed husband who won’t accept its over. You still think the Chairman can come up with the goods.

I’d just prefer to get it over with. Not a long lingering death.

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Our league status is merely a reflection of the ambitions of the Chairman.

IMO - you’re just delaying the inevitable. A change of manager - so what?

You’re like a betrayed husband who won’t accept its over. You still think the Chairman can come up with the goods.

I’d just prefer to get it over with. Not a long lingering death.

you think I do ...seriously?   

My point for the umpteemth time is we cannot get rid  until he wants to go    unless you know of a way ?

IF in the unlikely event he wakes up one morning and changes his MO and makes a success of his tenure I'll be pleased because by default we'll benefit 

Just now, steelowl said:

you think I do ...seriously?   

My point for the umpteemth time is we cannot get rid  until he wants to go    unless you know of a way ?

IF in the unlikely event he wakes up one morning and changes his MO and makes a success of his tenure I'll be pleased because by default we'll benefit 

Well yes.

You still think that there is hope, that he will make sensible and reasonable choice.

Someone that will undermine him - a footballing man.

I think he’ll appoint another no mark.

I think you are shouting at the wind - but fair play for trying.

8 minutes ago, steelowl said:

it must be me that's thick I just cannot see your argument / remedy to even structure any worthwhile response 

so no worries  -  let's move on 

To simplify it.

You are for a change within the current structure.

I think it’s pointless. Any change is pointless. It just prolongs the inevitable.

Its the “current structure” that needs changing.

Chansari can go full steam towards the rocks for me.

Hopefully, we’ll get shut of him then.

What then - I’ll/we’ll take our chances.

150 years - I think we’ll manage somehow.

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

To simplify it.

You are for a change within the current structure.

I think it’s pointless. Any change is pointless. It just prolongs the inevitable.

Its the “current structure” that needs changing.

Chansari can go full steam towards the rocks for me.

Hopefully, we’ll get shut of him then.

What then - I’ll/we’ll take our chances.

150 years - I think we’ll manage somehow.

To be fair I'm starting to think this myself, it's obvious that Chansiri isn't going to sack Jos, the fact he's still in a job and no word coming out of the club says it's all really. Say he does go, we will only end up with another "unknown" face taking charge, Chansiri's hiring record tells you this. I really do wish he'd sell up and go away before the situation turns even worse at Hillsborough. A man who started as the messiah for most could potentially end up one of the most hated.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

To be fair I'm starting to think this myself, it's obvious that Chansiri isn't going to sack Jos, the fact he's still in a job and no word coming out of the club says it's all really. Say he does go, we will only end up with another "unknown" face taking charge, Chansiri's hiring record tells you this. I really do wish he'd sell up and go away before the situation turns even worse at Hillsborough. A man who started as the messiah for most could potentially end up one of the most hated.

Rather cynically - those are my feelings too.

I’d rather take my chances now.

4 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Jos is merely the Chairman’s mouth piece. He can’t pick from the full squad - he picks from whom the Chairman says is available. The ones that don’t carry any extra costs.

Its a fair argument - that notwithstanding his hands being tied - he’s still not making a fist of it, with what he has available.

But, if my suspicions are correct - and Jos is working under these constraints, there is no way he will be sacked.

To be replaced by someone who won’t play the game? No way.

And the Clubs silence merely confirms this.

He’s a patsy. 

Are people still peddling this rubbish ffs.

7 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Are people still peddling this rubbish ffs.

So you think the manager can pick who he wants -  and the Chairman is happy with him ignoring his expensively waged signings?

Westwood, Abdi, Hutchinson, Jones, Boyd don’t even warrant a place on the bench? The team has lost 6 out of 8 games, but the manager has full autonomy.

Not a chance in my opinion.

If it was all down to Jos - he’d be sacked.

It isn’t so, he won’t be.

6 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

So you think the manager can pick who he wants -  and the Chairman is happy with him ignoring his expensively waged signings?

Westwood, Abdi, Hutchinson, Jones, Boyd don’t even warrant a place on the bench? The team has lost 6 out of 8 games, but the manager has full autonomy.

Not a chance in my opinion.

If it was all down to Jos - he’d be sacked.

It isn’t so, he won’t be.

Only Westwood and Hutchinson of this mentioned would get anywhere near the side, I love how everyone despised Jones when CC played him but now he's out he's the saviour

Just now, toppOwl said:

Only Westwood and Hutchinson of this mentioned would get anywhere near the side, I love how everyone despised Jones when CC played him but now he's out he's the saviour

I don’t dislike/like anyone.

But it’s down to money IMO.

If you think the Chairman and the CEO are giving the manager a free hand then so be it.

Hes not playing it very well then is he? - so why hasn’t the Chairman intervened? 

Why hasnt he been sacked?