How good a side are #SWFC without Forestieri?

On 17/06/2018 at 21:46, @owlstalk said:

Are we good enough to get promoted if he goes?

It depends who we'd bring in with the money we'd get.

Forestieri is a great player at this level and easily our most exciting attacker, but there's more than one way to skin a cat.

As much as I don't want him to leave, if selling him meant we could add some players who Luhukay felt were crucial to the way he wants us to play next season, then it wouldn't be the end of the world.

After all, plenty of teams have been promoted without Forestieri in their ranks.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

17 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

That long list,consisted of two Leicester and Southampton.

Explain how a kid who made his first team debut for Norwich in April last year as a sub by the way,who on the basis of his one and only full season is and can be valued at the price he is ?

Now explain why you think a fella who has a history of playing in this league and is really good,can't go for £15 million ? (other than the fact theres a 6/7 year age difference)

Well apart from the 6/7 year age gap, hes English so homegrown, premier league sides have to have so many homegrown players in their squads. His future value will soar if is a success, he hasnt had a major injury like Forestieri , he hasnt had any attitude/ falling out with team mates issues, and in my opinion is a better player. Do i need to explain any more!

17 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Well apart from the 6/7 year age gap, hes English so homegrown, premier league sides have to have so many homegrown players in their squads. His future value will soar if is a success, he hasnt had a major injury like Forestieri , he hasnt had any attitude/ falling out with team mates issues, and in my opinion is a better player. Do i need to explain any more!

Ooooh, calm down, for a guy who reckons its all about opinions, seems to me the only opinion that matters is yours, i disagree on everything you've said by the way  !! 

44 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

And another thing, that homegrown player rule is a bit of a misleading rule, homegrown just means as long as the player comes thru a clubs academy,Cesc fabregas was classed as homegrown For Arsenal, despite him being Spanish, they don't have to have english players. 

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

And another thing, that homegrown player rule is a bit of a misleading rule, homegrown just means as long as the player comes thru a clubs academy,Cesc fabregas was classed as homegrown For Arsenal, despite him being Spanish, they don't have to have english players. 

Yeh that's true, just need 3 years at a clubs academy before reaching the age of 21.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Bit of a silly question when we saw how poor we are without him last season.

Well yes, him and the other dozen or so and a leader who'd lost the plot.

27 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

hmmm that's another way of saying are we a one man team. Nope

No we are not, but bu**er me, we are a much better team with FF in it.

In today's inflated and frankly bonkers transfer market, I would expect nothing less than £10 million for FF. Crazy, I hear you all say, well possibly, but he is a better player that Maddison, and the figures bandied about for him are ridiculous.

Ask yourselves this, if you had the choice of either to purchase, which one would you chose ? The choice is pretty clear to me.

Guest The Horse
12 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

... we could add some players who Luhukay felt were crucial to the way he wants us to play next season, then it wouldn't be the end of the world... 

My ex had the most unbelievably perfect breasts. Complete nutjob but they were really something else.

Truly god's work.

The new girl has a great personality and we're a much more rounded couple but every now and again... I come out with a really inappropriate analogy.

Edited by The Horse

4 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Hes still homegrown though isnt he? The fact that he is a young player and any team that buys him now will probably make a huge profit when they sell him on in the future makes him worth the money. head and shoulders better than anyone else in the young england set up at the moment

4 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

And maybe premier league football scouts who are willing to pay £20m pound for his talent because theyve been closely watching him all season and the fans of his club that have been watching him play all season know a bit more about him than some bloke arguing with me on here whose only ever seen him on channel 5 highlights!

17 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

And maybe premier league football scouts who are willing to pay £20m pound for his talent because theyve been closely watching him all season and the fans of his club that have been watching him play all season know a bit more about him than some bloke arguing with me on here whose only ever seen him on channel 5 highlights!

Never mind all that flim flam fella,you say fessi shouldn't be valued at £15 million,there's a few that do.

There's more than me thinks £20 odd million for a one full season player is batshit crazy,you made the point of saying "premier league teams have to have so many homegrown players" in their squads,i'm pointing out that "homegrown" means any nationality,as for your "only ever seen him on channel 5 highlights" get over ya self.

4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Never mind all that flim flam fella,you say fessi shouldn't be valued at £15 million,there's a few that do.

There's more than me thinks £20 odd million for a one full season player is batshit crazy,you made the point of saying "premier league teams have to have so many homegrown players" in their squads,i'm pointing out that "homegrown" means any nationality,as for your "only ever seen him on channel 5 highlights" get over ya self.

Sorry, i forgot about the long list of teams queing up to pay us £15m for Forestieri. Anybody who thinks we will get that for him is deluded!