hirst to united

Guest Jack the Hat
23 minutes ago, kazads said:

That's not the story that was around at the time it happened...Hirst said he didn't want to go back then...I heard it on the radio at the time that he had decided against it...but course can't prove that now but can remember being very happy when it came on sport report on the radio...if he had wanted to go even back then he would have gone ...but time changes stories ...

I heard a similar story from a very good friend of his. He was concerned about ending up on their bench. I am never ITK but i did work with one of his besties for nearly 5 years. Heard quite a few interesting stories, which I couldn't share. I'm a massive Hirsty fan though and he was loyal to us. With hindsight he realises he should have made the switch (which is probably where the regret comes from - although for the Lions share of the time he was happy with us). He is trying to do the best for his son - so he's a good dad as well as a good footballer. All these people saying he won't make it haven't got a clue. There are also people going on about winners and losers. The only losers are those who are scared to take a chance when an opportunity comes their way. The chances of him being a regular first teamer at United are slim, but possible. If he turns out like his dad then he will walk into their current first team. I wish George and his dad all the best. Whatever happens that man is a true Wednesday Legend - the closest thing we've ever had to Roy of the Rovers - and he deserves respect for that.

Just now, David1867 said:

He turned down a reported £2m from Leicester in the summer and then personally banned him from playing. 

I know this is the worrying but DC does not have a track record of doing the smart thing.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

QPR sold youth team player this season made no first team appearances sold for £4.1m based on potential. Might not get that much but market gone silly at moment 

Who?

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No he is under 24 so it can go to tribunal unless the two clubs involve agree pain a fee. It is less costly for both sides to avoid a tribunal and easier. It does not matter if he is in contract or not no dreamland just common sense.

You don’t understand how this works... 

He is out of contract, any club can offer him whatever terms they want. The details of his contract with any other club we have literally no control over. The receiving club in this case Man United offer us a compensation package, we either accept or reject it, we don’t negotiate a transfer fee as he is out of contract. Plus this is not a transfer window.

If neither club can agree on a compensation package then the PFCC committee listen to all sides and agree a package themselves and that’s a common way to do this, it doesn’t become massively costly to us for this to be the case.

Josh Bowler at QPR was going to sign his first professional deal then Everton showed interest and he decided against. QPR got £1.5m up front and that could rise to £4m based on contract clause, with presumably a sell on clause in there. Very similar to situation of Hirst without all the mid slinging from both sides.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Josh Bowler

Yeah, totally different situation.

They paid a transfer fee, he wasn’t out of contract. The fees are COMPLETELY different and are by no means a useful guide.

1 minute ago, Will69 said:

You don’t understand how this works... 

He is out of contract, any club can offer him whatever terms they want. The details of his contract with any other club we have literally no control over. The receiving club in this case Man United offer us a compensation package, we either accept or reject it, we don’t negotiate a transfer fee as he is out of contract. Plus this is not a transfer window.

If neither club can agree on a compensation package then the PFCC committee listen to all sides and agree a package themselves and that’s a common way to do this, it doesn’t become massively costly to us for this to be the case.

Yes but in these situation common sense normal prevails Man Utd are not going to want to waste months for the sake of a few 000's which to them is nothing.

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Mourinho hasn’t exactly done an incredible job of bringing through young strikers at United. Rashford’s career development has stalled because he has to sit on a bench behind a player who’s no better than him but gets played because he was a big money buy.

The best prospects in the championship are players like Sessegnon and Brooks who didn’t jump for the big club move at the first time of asking and instead gave themselves time to develop. Half our strikers are surplus to requirements anyway, Hirst would be best to stick around and have a  proper crack at breaking in next season under a manager who isn’t afraid of bringing through younger lads.

Hirst and Hirst snr got the hump on when we signed Winnall and Rhodes. Thought George would never get a game. 

Irony is he would have probably got a game this season. Nevertheless banning him from playing just because he wouldn't sign a contract wasn't the right way of going about it by the chairman. 

Just now, room0035 said:

Yes but in these situation common sense normal prevails Man Utd are not going to want to waste months for the sake of a few 000's which to them is nothing.

It isn’t a waste of time, costly etc. It is common practice. You genuinely are talking out of your Harris.

1 minute ago, Will69 said:

Yeah, totally different situation.

They paid a transfer fee, he wasn’t out of contract. The fees are COMPLETELY different and are by no means a useful guide.

Think i may have misunderstood the "josh bowler" link i posted for you.

So it goes to tribunal the player cannot play because we hold his registration because he is under 24 or the two clubs come to an agreement about a reasonable compensation.

Now which way would I go. I think COMMON SENSE will be used but this is DC so anything could happen.lol

Don't worry we will find out soon enough. The ironic thing is Man Utd will loan him out to get first team football and I can see him at Sheff United next season. That would be the final nail in the coffin of the George Hirst says - the best young player we have produced in 20+ and we let him slip through our hands.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So it goes to tribunal the player cannot play because we hold his registration because he is under 24 or the two clubs come to an agreement about a reasonable compensation.

Now which way would I go. I think COMMON SENSE will be used but this is DC so anything could happen.lol

Don't worry we will find out soon enough. The ironic thing is Man Utd will loan him out to get first team football and I can see him at Sheff United next season. That would be the final nail in the coffin of the George Hirst says - the best young player we have produced in 20+ and we let him slip through our hands.

Jesus. Are you trolling?

He is out of contract. We will no longer hold his registration. We are not in a transfer window and his contract is up, ergo any club can come in and sign him on whatever terms himself and the receiving club wish. He is then free to play for the receiving club freely, in the upcoming season, regardless of if a tribunal has been held or not.

Liverpool signed Solanke from Chelsea. Liverpool offered £3m in compensation (or thereabouts) and Chelsea rejected this. Since then he has become a first team player at Liverpool and been capped by England, a tribunal has still not yet happened. He isn’t stuck in limbo, he’s playing for his new club, Champions League to boot.

The tribunal when held on Solanke will look at the situation at the time of it happening, not at his transfer value NOW. Hence the compensation package is widely expected to be £3m to £4m for a player VASTLY superior to Hirst. So therefore it will be in Liverpool’s interests for the PFCC committee to set the compensation package as Chelsea were being daft, expecting something like £12m, and it will pay off for Liverpool to let it go to tribunal in this case.

If Man United offer £2 or £3 million plus sell on clauses etc as a compensation package for Hirst they will be doing themselves an injustice, given Solanke is expected to be set at £3 or £4 million and he’s clearly a better player.

You dig yet?

8 hours ago, Will69 said:

Sell ons have been known to be added, but from the cases I’m aware of the upfront cost has been brought down as a result.

Jed Steer is a good conparison. He spent his youth career at Norwich City and turned professional aged 17, therefore cost them only scouting costs to sign as a youth player, with no transfer fee. He made his first team debut for Norwich City in the FA Cup, away to WBA, in what would be his only first team appearance for the Canaries.  He enjoyed successful loan periods at  Cambridge and Yeovil Town, and played for England U16, U17 and U19. He was regarded by Norwich City as one of the best young goalkeepers in the country. He allowed his contract to expire and signed for Premier League club Aston Villa, immediately becoming their no.2 keeper.

The PFCC ordered that Aston Villa pay Norwich City an initial compensation fee of £450,000.

Additionally, if Jed represents England Under 21 and the full senior side, Norwich City will be paid a further £225,000.

Appearances for Aston Villa trigger further payments, which in total could amount to a maximum sum of £500,000.

Aston Villa will also need to pay Norwich 20% of any profit they make from selling the player to another club at any point in the future.

So in this case the future clauses inserted actually were good but the fee was low. Swings and roundabouts.

That was 5 years ago.  He's 25, still at Villa but played one League game.  This is the way it can work out with young players.