Dave and FF

Guest samowl

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Too much cringing going on with what folk say on here. 

not allowed to say weeds for leeds , or the old lady for the ground, i could go on, what happened to letting folk be who they are and where they come from, even if it ends in an init, init.

to cringe is to morally set yourself upon a higher branch... just cos someone called Dave Dave.

I don't think anybody's complained about calling Leeds weeds and It's not about setting oneself on a higher branch. Nuhiu has gone on record that he does not like being called Dave. Why don't you show him some respect and refrain from doing so

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

I don't think anybody's complained about calling Leeds weeds and It's not about setting oneself on a higher branch. Nuhiu has gone on record that he does not like being called Dave. Why don't you show him some respect and refrain from doing so

How can you not see that on here? you having a laugh..

re the second bit, ive never called him Dave as ive never met him! and dont really live near any Owls fans either so never speak about him to anybody. oh except the missus within the home, not sure if we call him dave or not, ill check........... she says not, but says if we do slip up she's quite sure Da Atdhe wont be hurt in the feelings as he wont know.

regarding on print, im arguing that folk shouldnt cringe about it, not as to the right or wrongs of it, two very different things.

Guest LittleG
5 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

How can you not see that on here? you having a laugh..

re the second bit, ive never called him Dave as ive never met him! and dont really live near any Owls fans either so never speak about him to anybody. oh except the missus within the home, not sure if we call him dave or not, ill check........... she says not, but says if we do slip up she's quite sure Da Atdhe wont be hurt in the feelings as he wont know.

regarding on print, im arguing that folk shouldnt cringe about it, not as to the right or wrongs of it, two very different things.

I'm not "cringing" at all, I just think that one of our players who has stated he doesn't like being called a different name, should have his wishes respected. What you and your missus call him behind closed doors I couldn't care less. WAWAW

5 hours ago, s73owl said:

Ask a Scottish man or an Irish man or a Welsh man the same question, I'm English the same as they're Scottish, Welsh, and Irish, like I said I'm entitled to my opinion the same as everybody that lives in the United kingdom 

We all live on a spec of insignificant dust whizzing around the stars..who gives a flying one which insignificant part of the planet you wish to label as your home patch...it means nowt really

3 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

We all live on a spec of insignificant dust whizzing around the stars..who gives a flying one which insignificant part of the planet you wish to label as your home patch...it means nowt really

You're from Rotherham then? garymegson

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Cringe when people call him Dave.

he'll always be dave to me , just as Atherton was biffo, clements tank , Williams Charlie ,Worthington irish,  etc etc .......nowt cringeworthy of giving players nicknames . 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

he'll always be dave to me , just as Atherton was biffo, clements tank , Williams Charlie ,Worthington irish,  etc etc .......nowt cringeworthy of giving players nicknames . 

Spot on mate 

8 hours ago, torryowl said:

Those nicknames are altogether different.

The name Big Dave is often used by people who are taking the p Iss.

Eg, the Hillsborough oafs, who spend most of the game mumbling about how "he isn't good enough" and laughing at his errors and then shout out 

"Come on big dave" usually followed by a belly laugh

The point is, to many of Atdhe Nuhiu 's

critics, the term big dave is not used as a term of endearment !

Pay me £15k a week to play football for Sheffield Wednesday.....

Feel free to call me anything you want. 

If you you haven’t watched Greg Davis talking about school nicknames it’s worth googling. Funny and so accurate. 

41 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

Those nicknames are altogether different.

The name Big Dave is often used by people who are taking the p Iss.

Eg, the Hillsborough oafs, who spend most of the game mumbling about how "he isn't good enough" and laughing at his errors and then shout out 

"Come on big dave" usually followed by a belly laugh

The point is, to many of Atdhe Nuhiu 's

critics, the term big dave is not used as a term of endearment !

his critics will be critical no matter what he's called ........it's certainly not used by me that way.