With a fully fit squad- where would we finish next season?

Next season finish  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Next season- where will we finish?

• Champions
    • 2nd
    • 3rd-6th
    • 7th-12th
    • 13th-17th
    • 18th-21st
    • Relegated

16 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The manager we have could be the difference between finishing 12th-18th or 1st-6th.

A quality and experienced manager at this level is the difference maker.  

This is key. DC has overlooked experienced , British managers when he appointed both Carlos and Jos . 

I think there’s enough quality in the squad for automatic promotion, but like others have said we don’t have the right balance. We need more pace, athleticism and hunger. If the squad was the same I think we’d fall just short and finish about 8th.

Now if were able to bring in an attaching left back and an athletic midfielder to go straight into the first team, even if it meant selling one of our more established ‘stars’ then I’d be quietly confident of making the playoffs again. Oh how we love the play offs :duntmatter:

We will definitely be in bottom half without any additions. We were struggling before injury crisis and some playershavehad major injuries and may not be as effective as previously.

My reasons,

None of current senior squad will improve and some will deteriorate due to age,

Defensively we have major problems. No suitable player in left back slot. Van Aken now being put forward for this position as JL realises not good enough defensively to play centre back in this league.

Centre back is also realissue only Lees can operate inpair at this level and he is injury prone. When Van Aken is fit all senior defenders are fit and we will still have serious defensive frailty.

Right side midfield if Wallace leaves we have no one to play wide right.

Lack of pace through out team, only Hunt Joao and Forestieri have extra gear.

If Clare and Hirst leave will still have major gaps in team.

Lee is essential for midfield and no guarantee he can recover previous level of form.

Would love to be more optimistic but without comprehensive restructure of team I can not see us havingtight enough defence unless we set up defensively which reduces attacking threat.