Malingering

3 minutes ago, darra said:

Remember hearing from a good friend of Tony Toms when he was our physio. A player went in to the treatment room with a graze on his ankle saying he couldn't train.TonyToms picked up a nail brush and proceeded to scrub the graze telling the player "Now its a ******* graze, get out there and do some laps"

Maybe that's whats needed now?:picnic:

my answer to that is get meggo back lol 

Edited by darra

11 hours ago, attyjake said:

My wife says all the players are malingering ***** AND THEY DON'T CARE WHEN THEY ARE BACK FROM SO CALLED INJURIES I do not agree with her but she does seem to have a point. no football club to my knowlnedge has ever been decimated by injuries to the extent we have so what do you think the question is WHY?

Yeah that's right, I'm a professional footballer and don't want to play in front of thousands of fans. Yeah right!  One thing I'm convinced of, though, whatever the club say about injuries it's not going to be good enough for some people

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

I've noticed that there is a correlation between big wage contracts and prolonged injury absences. 

At this club there is anyway. 

I've noticed that there is a correlation between first team players and prolonged injury absences. 

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

I've noticed that there is a correlation between big wage contracts and prolonged injury absences. 

Just had a oinker I know around gleefully telling me Coutes is back in training after breaking his leg. He did say I don’t know what is up with our players but the seem to be forever injured.

1 hour ago, darra said:

Remember hearing from a good friend of Tony Toms when he was our physio. A player went in to the treatment room with a graze on his ankle saying he couldn't train.TonyToms picked up a nail brush and proceed to scrub the graze telling the player "Now its a ******* graze, get out there and do some laps"

Maybe that's whats needed now?:picnic:

Tink Benz the two hats.

13 hours ago, attyjake said:

My wife says all the players are malingering ***** AND THEY DON'T CARE WHEN THEY ARE BACK FROM SO CALLED INJURIES I do not agree with her but she does seem to have a point. no football club to my knowlnedge has ever been decimated by injuries to the extent we have so what do you think the question is WHY?

Tell her to get the puddings on and stop worrying about football.lol

From a purely financial perspective I would expect most players to want to play. Maybe not the ones who know this is their last contract but the rest surely don't want to get a reputation as being injury prone. Few clubs want to buy players who are always injured and those that do will not pay top wages.

Add that to appearance fees, goal and win bonuses and any other such clauses and they would be daft to fake injuries.

13 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Doesn’t seem as though anyone is pushing hard to come back. Let’s face it, if you were on £20-?k a week would you rather be watching judge Rinder or in a side fighting relegation? I will bet we won’t see FF, Lee, Bannan, Hooper or Abdi this season. Issue is with the contracts-should all be put on £100 a week statutory sick pay after so many weeks out. Watch the buggers come back then!

This is getting right on my boobies now. Why do soooo many fans think our players aren't injured. Do they honestly believe the club would allow them to pretend whilst still paying their wages and watching the club slide down the table. Also we have heard that players have been close to coming back but suffered setbacks in training.

Finally to counter your proposal, Carlos was roundly slaughtered for bringing players back too soon thus exaggerating their injuries.

FFS 

• Haha 1