CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

7 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

So Mr Chansiri listens to your reasoned post and thinks OK I'm off 

What's the plan ?

Well, we go to the door and invite the next person in that's offering us millions of pounds. Oh wait................

Mr Chansiri in my opinion has Wednesdays best interests at heart. Does the OP?

Edited by HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG

If Chansiri had as much cash as everyone thinks he has we wouldn’t still be training at Middlewood Road and we’d have a Cat 1 Academy, the only one in Yorkshire. 

Investment of this type is not restricted by FFP. 

He’s had a little flutter, it’s not worked out, and now he’s starting the process of strip back and sell ASAP. 

2 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Well, we go to the door and invite the next person in that's offering us millions of pounds. Oh wait................

That old chestnut eh?

The same one used when Dave and Kaven decided to sue the fans whilst we plummeted down the league?

The same one when people said Mandaric wouldn't find anyone to buy us?
etc

etc

etc

Saying nobody would want a Championship football club in the days of massive egos in business is like saying my morning coffee tasted like snow and marmite

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, lincolnowl said:

If Chansiri had as much cash as everyone thinks he has we wouldn’t still be training at Middlewood Road and we’d have a Cat 1 Academy, the only one in Yorkshire. 

Investment of this type is not restricted by FFP. 

Mr Chansiri's plan is clearly to get promoted to the Premier League and move us away from Hillsborough and Middlewood as quickly as humanly possible

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, mike312 said:

DC has given the manager plenty of funds and decent players at this level. It isn't DC's fault they're all injured and can't seem to get fit once injured. I don't agree with some of what DC has done and is doing but our squad if fit is plenty good enough to challenge the league. Tactics, motivation etc etc is down to the manager not DC.

DC employs the manager

The Chairman should be overseeing what the manager does to ensure the club and team are run in a fit and proper manner and that things like getting players fit (you know... the very basics) are being done properly if he is to try and continue to up the price of football tickets at Sheffield Wednesday

Mr Chansiri has made genuine honest mistakes but needs to do much better and quickly

Owlstalk Shop

Embarrassing thread .... Chansiri employs someone to do the Coaching , hes given them enough money it really isn't his fault

If were winning games no one has an issue hence increased attendances despite these price hikes that Neil is pretending everyone is so offended by 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dronowl66 said:

Embarrassing thread .... Chansiri employs someone to do the Coaching , hes given them enough money it really isn't his fault

Bit more complex than that though isn't it?

Has he really just employed Carlos and given hm millions of pounds to buy the players that he wants to without any preference from the Chairman or his 'advisors'?

Has the Chairman had any impact on the players? Does he talk to them at all? Does he do pre-match team talks etc?

There's more to it than the picture you paint

Owlstalk Shop

Yes, because that's how chairmen work. Your football and indeed business knowledge is impeccable. 

Btw, you understand that, given my aforeinferred nature of chairmen, if he were to 'do the right thing' he'd do so making sure he made back as much of his money as possible by selling everything that's his? Which is everything? 

Be careful what you wish for. Idiot. 

1 minute ago, Dronowl66 said:

If were winning games no one has an issue hence increased attendances despite these price hikes that Neil is pretending everyone is so offended by 

You might have missed all the posts over the last two and a half years from people priced out of going to games mate.

Ps - if we were winning games you're right this thread doesn't exist

Have you seen the form table? Have you seen our league position? Have you seen our injury list? Have you seen the last result? Have you seen Abdi or George Hirst anywhere?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, cbirks said:

Yes, because that's how chairmen work. Your football and indeed business knowledge is impeccable. 

Btw, you understand that, given my aforeinferred nature of chairmen, if he were to 'do the right thing' he'd do so making sure he made back as much of his money as possible by selling everything that's his? Which is everything? 

Be careful what you wish for. Idiot. 

Why you namecalling?

What will that achieve?

Doesn't your argument hold up without having to call someone names on the internet?

Owlstalk Shop

46 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

Not going to neg you for that because i think you have made some very vaild points, a lot on here wont have the guts to say it though.

My only worry is the way he has started to put the waight of a very shambolic season on the supporters shoulders when we were here long before him and after he goes .

For me we seem to be ending up like forest did under fawaz.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

My only worry is the way he has started to put the waight of a very shambolic season on the supporters shoulders when we were here long before him and after he goes 

If we don't start winning games and getting out of trouble it'll be like the property ladder and housing market after the last generation has well and truly shafted the young uns innit

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Not impossible that someone with £150m in his back pocket could take over if Chansiri goes but they don't grow on trees.

Never understand the deal with this point..

Club owners come.. they go... and there's always a line around the block for another to step up and have their turn

There's zero chance of us not finding another owner as/when the time comes

Owlstalk Shop