Dawson

10 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

2 big saves. One early on, the other just before we scored a second.

If it wasn’t for those saves it we may have lost.

He’s as responsible for the win as Nuhiu and Matias really. 

Dawson has improved from the times I’ve seen him before. Seems more comfortable. Well done Dawson. 

Just goes to show that it is a TEAM game and no one player is more important than any other.

10 hours ago, BRADDO said:

My only doubt would be, could we realistically mount a promotion challenge with the immense pressure of such a campaign, on the backs of these two young lads? 

It's going to be a while before that happens. In the meantime they're both gaining more and more experience.

11 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Dawson needs a good loan spell, Wildsmith is going to be number 1 and both of them have brilliant potential. We could still get a few million for Westwood in the summer as good as he is, but that's testament to these two lads that we can even consider talking about that, 12 months ago Westwood was untouchable.

For Wildsmith and Dawson to develop we have got to sell westwood ,Wildsmith and Dawson will get better ,Or better still ,Westwood goalkeeping Coach .

We can sell Westwood, or not, but he won't be worth huge amounts.

The more interesting question is which of Wildsmith or Dawson do we sell, and when?  Because if both fulfil their potential, they will both want to be be a first choice keeper in a premier league or upper championship team.  (And just possibly one or both might develop to the point where a big club comes calling).

Guest Bulgaria
11 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I reckon if you told a Reading fan that was there tonight that Dawson was our third choice keeper, they'd say you were having them on. 

Was there actually one in attendance?