Dawson

Thought he was great tonight. 

Though I couldn't quite see whether he was at fault for their goal; other than that he didn't put a foot wrong. 

Was put under unnecessary pressure with backpasses, all of which he dealt with admirably, made a couple of good saves and looked far more comfortable than you'd expect a youngster of his relative inexperience to.

Well played Cameron.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Most impressive thing about both Wildsmith and Dawson is how confident and calm they are for young goalkeepers who haven’t really had a full 6-12 months to ply their trade. It’s hard for any footballer to produce good performances when they’re just playing bit part, in and out roles. 

They’re obviously both very talented keepers, but their mentality is what stands out for me. 

2 big saves. One early on, the other just before we scored a second.

If it wasn’t for those saves it we may have lost.

He’s as responsible for the win as Nuhiu and Matias really. 

Dawson has improved from the times I’ve seen him before. Seems more comfortable. Well done Dawson. 

30 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Brilliant save at 1-0.

Both young keepers are excellent and may be time to cash in on Westwood. 

My only doubt would be, could we realistically mount a promotion challenge with the immense pressure of such a campaign, on the backs of these two young lads? 

I actually was gob smacked at how good he was, make no mistake about it he’s the reason we won that game 

the save in first 5 mins when their lad was 1 on 1

the unbelievable double save at 1-0 then minutes later we’re 2-0 up, well done Cameron what a keeper you’re going to be 

Dawson needs a good loan spell, Wildsmith is going to be number 1 and both of them have brilliant potential. We could still get a few million for Westwood in the summer as good as he is, but that's testament to these two lads that we can even consider talking about that, 12 months ago Westwood was untouchable.