Sheffield Wednesday 0 - 0 Cardiff O.M.D.T

1 minute ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

Were not the only team with injuries, I never thought i'd see a home 0-0 scoreline please so many, it just proves how much of a rut were in.

I have to disagree with you mate.  

Forestieri, Hooper, Fletcher, Lee, Bannan, Lees, Hutchinson, Loovens, Van Aken, Westwood, Abdi all out needs to be taken into consideration.  

Three clean sheets in three certainly shows we won't be involved in a relagtion battle this season.  

4 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

Were not the only team with injuries, I never thought i'd see a home 0-0 scoreline please so many, it just proves how much of a rut were in.

Is right now just about the score? 

I'm enjoying seeing the changes in the defences application and organisation...

3 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

this isn't just a rut mate it's a canyon that we are digging out of step by step - a relegation battle is a couple of losses away 

I'm extremely happy with what has been done with let's face it a poor side

if this new lad can stiffen midfield I can see a steady slow climb to mid table  and that is a feckin result imo considering the post CC mess 

• Like 2

Guest Copthorneowl

Is it a good point though.

Cardiff in my opinion are mediocre, we should have won that given the clear chances we had despite league positions and Cardiffs recent form is no better than ours.

As a result of that point we are now 16th with clear daylight to the top 14 and a much bigger gap to the top half.  Sorry can't see that was a good point playing a home game against a team lacking confidence it's only a good point based on our recent results under Carlos.  JL Started well but for me should have been more offensive with his substitutions which were too late to gave enough effect.

3 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I have to disagree with you mate.  

Forestieri, Hooper, Fletcher, Lee, Bannan, Lees, Hutchinson, Loovens, Van Aken, Westwood, Abdi all out needs to be taken into consideration.  

Three clean sheets in three certainly shows we won't be involved in a relagtion battle this season.  

I don't think were in a relegation fight I wouldn't go that far but the natural thing we do as fans is make excuses instead of taking the blinkers off and realising we have a poor, slow unfit squad, if 2 of this starting eleven start in the first game of next season I will be livid.

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Is it a good point though.

Cardiff in my opinion are mediocre, we should have won that given the clear chances we had despite league positions and Cardiffs recent form is no better than ours.

As a result of that point we are now 16th with clear daylight to the top 14 and a much bigger gap to the top half.  Sorry can't see that was a good point playing a home game against a team lacking confidence it's only a good point based on our recent results under Carlos.  JL Started well but for me should have been more offensive with his substitutions which were too late to gave enough effect.

by all accounts they played well against sunderland last week winning 4-0

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

It's sad to see the lack of ambition with fans that we can be happy and satisfied with a 0-0 at home! think it works out at £64 a goal were being charged!

Lack of ambition? 

Half the squads out missing....

Last month we we'd come off the rails and we're steaming down the embankment  on a one way ticket to relegation. 

New man has come in and got us two clean sheets against our arch rivals, and a team third in the league despite having to play two wingers in midfield, a kid in the net, kids in the back four and our second choice left back as a sweeper.

Hes also secured us an exciting new signing , got the lads looker sharper in less than a fortnight and secured us safe passage to the next round of the cup. (With another clean sheet).

I don't think it's a lack of ambition to give him and the team a well done for that.  

Ambition doesn't have to have a 30 second timescale.

It's going to take some time to rebuild the sacked temple sans Carlos. 

59a43afc6e782_giphy(3).gif.acb067cc16465e232ec85a6d4bd11c03.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Lack of ambition? 

Half the squads out missing....

Last month we we'd come off the rails and we're steaming down the embankment  on a one way ticket to relegation. 

New man has come in and got us two clean sheets against our arch rivals, and a team third in the league despite having to play two wingers in midfield, a kid in the net, kids in the back four and our second choice left back as a sweeper.

Hes also secured us an exciting new signing , got the lads looker sharper in less than a fortnight and secured us safe passage to the next round of the cup. (With another clean sheet).

I don't think it's a lack of ambition to give him and the team a well done for that.  

Ambition doesn't have to have a 30 second timescale.

It's going to take some time to rebuild the sacked temple sans Carlos. 

59a43afc6e782_giphy(3).gif.acb067cc16465e232ec85a6d4bd11c03.gif

0-0 at home is never a good point but if you think a gif helps you with this topic well done

Guest Copthorneowl
19 minutes ago, steelowl said:

by all accounts they played well against sunderland last week winning 4-0

Thats ts a fair response Steelowl but I did say recent form not the last match but over the 5 games prior to this one they had lost 4 and won 1 we had lost three and drawn 2 so I'd repeat their form not really any better than ours unless we split hairs.

Im not at all trying to be negative but I just don't feel right now having watched the match that we should feel that's a good point particularly as we have effectively dropped further down the league and away from more teams and I think we missed a trick leaving Rhodes and Joao on for way too long.  That's my opinion and I repeat they were lacking confidence which you sort of highlighted as garbage.

Edited by Copthorneowl

8 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Thats ts a fair response Steelowl but I did say recent form not the last match but over the 5 games prior to this one they had lost 4 and won 1 we had lost three and drawn 2 so I'd repeat their form not really any better than ours unless we split hairs.

Im not at all trying to be negative but I just don't feel right now having watched the match that we should feel that's a good point particularly as we have effectively dropped further down the league and away from more teams and I think we missed a trick leaving Rhodes and Joao on for way too long.  That's my opinion and I repeat they were lacking confidence which you sort of highlighted as garbage.

agree their previous form was ropey and they have injuries too apparently  but a 4-0 is a good confidence booster 

watching that tonight if colin gets that lot up it will rank amongst the great achievements imo  

32 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

lol  What team looked like they were in the top six then?

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, steelowl said:

agree their previous form was ropey and they have injuries too apparently  but a 4-0 is a good confidence booster 

watching that tonight if colin gets that lot up it will rank amongst the great achievements imo  

Think we are on the same page mate but I felt tonight was points dropped rather than gained onwards and upwards as they say but I recognise many will think just the opposite and as ever nobody is really wrong just two ways of looking at the same thing eh?

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

lol  What team looked like they were in the top six then?

Exactly my point that's why I think it could be looked at as points dropped rather than gained they didn't look any better than us no matter where they are in the league and I don't think they are.

3 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Think we are on the same page mate but I felt tonight was points dropped rather than gained onwards and upwards as they say but I recognise many will think just the opposite and as ever nobody is really wrong just two ways of looking at the same thing eh?

yes mate    I'm just trying to be positive despite inwardly thinking we could've / should've won that 

as i said in another thread just confirms to me this was a hell of a chance to get out again this year

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Hope Hinchcliffe isn't doing tonight's match for his sake WTF:

I didn't say anything about Edwin Hawkins. If it wasn't;you, then who else has this frightening power on OT?

Please don't say it's Big Guns. He used to wield psychic weapons back in the 2011/2012 season!:laugh:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

0-0 at home is never a good point but if you think a gif helps you with this topic well done

I would take quite a few 0-0 's until Jos has got a full squad back and the ability to pick who he wants, and not what he has to .

That said a few more games like we've had and a little more "Rub Of The Green so to speak and some players will really have to "step up" to get back in ..

And that's something we haven't had for ages .

Eagerness - Urgency- Desire- -Willingness .

All positive ...UTO...

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

29 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Before Jos took charge we would have lost the last 3 games no question . 

We were a car crash of a side 

absolutely 

i was dreading carlos going to the lane imo it would've been a humiliation 

were are still a crash of a squad due to lack of confidence and injuries  which makes what Jos is doing fantastic ...again imo