Worst Sheffield Wednesday Managers

8 hours ago, A12owl said:

You are twisting words Sgt tibbs.

All I was suggesting was that Wilson wasn't experienced enough to handle the foreign "fancy dans" he was brought in to manage. He did come from managing Barnsley didn't he? 

Not at all, this thread is about our worst manager.  In his first season he did well and was then hamstrung by Richards.

Di Canio had his own agenda. In a club like ours he was poison.

But it's all about opinions isn't it ?

On 12/13/2017 at 19:59, s8owl75 said:

Excluding Carlos please...

Terrance Your Wrath

Any worse?

league cup semi under yorath

I know he was pretty poor but nobody worse than chris turner for me (post premier league anyway)

we got relegated under him, biggest budget in league 1 the next season we finished 3 points above relegation zone, we gave him another chance to build a squad but again we were in bottom half before sturrock come in & took us up

turner used to say 'if you want to know how colin & I want Sheffield wednesday to play then go & watch Hartlepool Utd...' errrmmmm 

Guest Bulgaria

Peter Useless for me.

Shocking, just shocking.   Think he even took the captaincy of Sterland. Not sure if my memory serves me correct but i think Imre Varadi called up praise and Grumble ( might have been called something else back then) to complain about his management tactics!!

18 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Peter Useless for me.

Shocking, just shocking.   Think he even took the captaincy of Sterland. Not sure if my memory serves me correct but i think Imre Varadi called up praise and Grumble ( might have been called something else back then) to complain about his management tactics!!

IIRC I think it was the big story at the time that Imre Varidis wife have told her husband in no uncertain terms to go back into the managers office after the match and tell Eustace how unhappy he was.

His man management skills were none existent.

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 20:06, legendaryswan said:

One name screams out  from the rest......Steve Burtenshaw

He built the Youth set up, Middlewood Rovers, that led to our re-emergence under  'Sir' Jack Charlton then, sadly disbanded by Wilkinson.

Then he went on to Build the Arsenal youth development set up, but , Hey that's the Wednesday way.

Edited by adelphi1867

Danny Williams.

Turned down Dave Watson as not worth £100k and spent £60k on Steve Downs.1970.

Peter Eustace, Mr Mogadon man, put his players to sleep at half time.

Ron Atkinson, he did the dirty on us.

Kick-a-ball, never liked him, even from the off, he is the poor mans Arsene Wenger, we concede goals so buy more attacking players.

Edited by adelphi1867

4 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

league cup semi under yorath

I know he was pretty poor but nobody worse than chris turner for me (post premier league anyway)

we got relegated under him, biggest budget in league 1 the next season we finished 3 points above relegation zone, we gave him another chance to build a squad but again we were in bottom half before sturrock come in & took us up

turner used to say 'if you want to know how colin & I want Sheffield wednesday to play then go & watch Hartlepool Utd...' errrmmmm 

I blocked those days out of my memory. Thankfully Sturrock knew how to turn the decent players Turner bought into a decent team. 

Turner was the anti Carlos. If we couldn't beat them in the first twenty minutes we were stuffed.