George Hirst Saga..

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

its DC's Fault ...its CV's fault

its everyone's fault...apart from Georges fault....the person who refuses to play for us

it is so simple for "doom howson"

ask him or his agent.....George is refusing to play for us

simple as

10 minutes ago, Dot said:

George is refusing to play for us

its as simple as that

the club follow social media and know the flak they are getting over this so you'd think if it was hirst refusing to play they'd say so or at least announce that they have suspended him for breaching the terms of his  contract and seen as they have done neither you have to doubt that he's refused to play .

49 minutes ago, Owling said:

Did you offer everyone £100 pound if they plussed you or summat.

Better have.

Show me the monaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

It's a good job you can only plus once.

GH will be on here plussing that a million times.

Before you get your knickers in a twist...

It's a joke FFS.

Or is it :biggrin:

1 minute ago, MAL said:

Better have.

Show me the monaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

It's a good job you can only plus once.

GH will be on here plussing that a million times.

Before you get your knickers in a twist...

It's a joke FFS.

Or is it :biggrin:

Don't wear knickers anymore.

P.S don't get any of that.

35 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Personally I don't think George is refusing to play for us imho.

I do think he has rejected a few offers for whatever reasons and as a result is being punished for not signing a new deal.  

I don't see it as being punished ......he's refused a new deal whats the point of the club playing him in the dev squad for the benefit of another club ...got to be better to try and develop another  youngster who wants to stay at the club . 

17 minutes ago, Owling said:

The only thing about that which is true, is I quoted dot.

No it's not.

I thought i had put "i hope so", but actually put "better Have".

But the 3rd part was true.

It went downhill, and still going :biggrin:.

Hmmmm maybe just maybe...

George Hirst has been offered a £10k a week new contract and won’t be allowed out on loan until he’s signed it.

Chansiri demands that any clubs loaning Sheffield Wednesday players pay their wages in full during the duration of the loan (that’s why none of the first team squad ever leave on loan as no clubs that would want our fringe players can afford their wages) and not just a percentage like other clubs allow the loaning club to pay to help player development.

No Premier League or Championship sides that can afford £10k a week are going to loan him and play him week in week out.

He would only get games at a League 1 or League 2 club and no clubs in those leagues are willing to fork out the best part of £450k in wages on an unknown like George Hirst on a season long loan.

Its a catch 22 situation, he will only be allowed out on loan if he signs the new contract, if he signs it he knows no club will come in for him to take him on loan as they can’t afford to pay 100% of his wages.

Nothing to do with him not wanting to play for Wednesday, he’s been put in a very difficult position by Chansiri.

Why do you think David Hirst walked out on his role with the club?

Can’t blame George for not signing a new deal so he can find a club that won’t stand in the way of his development and will let him out on loan.  To be fair what he’s doing is probably quite rare in the modern game, turning his back on big money early on to establish his career and get games and experience.

Edited by House Stark

6 hours ago, House Stark said:

Hmmmm maybe just maybe...

George Hirst has been offered a £10k a week new contract and won’t be allowed out on loan until he’s signed it.

Chansiri demands that any clubs loaning Sheffield Wednesday players pay their wages in full during the duration of the loan (that’s why none of the first team squad ever leave on loan as no clubs that would want our fringe players can afford their wages) and not just a percentage like other clubs allow the loaning club to pay to help player development.

No Premier League or Championship sides that can afford £10k a week are going to loan him and play him week in week out.

He would only get games at a League 1 or League 2 club and no clubs in those leagues are willing to fork out the best part of £450k in wages on an unknown like George Hirst on a season long loan.

Its a catch 22 situation, he will only be allowed out on loan if he signs the new contract, if he signs it he knows no club will come in for him to take him on loan as they can’t afford to pay 100% of his wages.

Nothing to do with him not wanting to play for Wednesday, he’s been put in a very difficult position by Chansiri.

Why do you think David Hirst walked out on his role with the club?

Can’t blame George for not signing a new deal so he can find a club that won’t stand in the way of his development and will let him out on loan.  To be fair what he’s doing is probably quite rare in the modern game, turning his back on big money early on to establish his career and get games and experience.

Sounds like horse5h1t to me that pal. George Hirst is probably making too big a demand for this point in his career. Maybe he’s been influenced by his dad who is on record saying that he himself should have left Wednesday for the “big move”when the opportunity came around. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
12 hours ago, darra said:

Except Rhodes is getting nowhere near that

How do you know?

The point stands. Why isn't every player demanding what our top earners get? It's football, not the civil service