ASK THE CHAIRMAN - PART 8 corporate hospitality

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

If the chair of Tesco or BP did a Q&A you’d expect a mixture of truths, half-truths and blatant PR. Expect nothing different from Chansiri.  He’s neither a saint nor a devil - just a rich man in a suit. 

I kind of agree. 

Anyone who thought this Q&A session was going to lead to Chansiri saying "Yep. I've f*cked up x, y and z" was living in cloud cuckoo land. 

He's got his way of doing things. 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah I know all about that.

Not really the same situation is it?

If it's the posters who've had their say in the past about what happened, then they're telling the truth, so how could that lead to a situation like the above link?

Are we not allowed to contradict the official club line now?

Even if it's not accurate?

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I kind of agree. 

Anyone who thought this Q&A session was going to lead to Chansiri saying "Yep. I've f*cked up x, y and z" was living in cloud cuckoo land. 

And we all pay through the nose for it. 

Just now, Donny.Owl said:

Yeah I know all about that.

Not really the same situation is it?

If it's the posters who've had their say in the past about what happened, then they're telling the truth, so how could that lead to a situation like the above link?

Are we not allowed to contradict the official club line now?

Even if it's not accurate?

Just because one person says their version is the "truth" that doesn't necessarily mean it is the "truth". 

I really don't think you can be critical of the mods removing potentially contentious/libel material. 

As much as anything it is for the benefit of the person who posted it. 

This is not saying the said person who posted whatever was lying or anything like that. It's just common sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, SiJ said:

I kind of agree. 

He didn’t have to do it and I applaud him for doing so. Some folk have already made their minds / stories up and will keep moaning and b!tching

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Just because one person says their version is the "truth" that doesn't necessarily mean it is the "truth". 

I really don't think you can be critical of the mods removing potentially contentious/libel material. 

As much as anything it is for the benefit of the person who posted it. 

This is not saying the said person who posted whatever was lying or anything like that. It's just common sense. 

Several posters have reported the same version of the truth.

1 minute ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

He didn’t have to do it and I applaud him for doing so. Some folk have already made their minds / stories up and will keep moaning and b!tching

Yep. 

I mean he's answered the questions. Not everyone is going to be happy with the responses, but they are what they are. 

This is one of the areas people on here do know stuff about as they had direct dealings with the club. There seems to be another version of events and that probably applies to all of this Q&A stuff - it’s just that we don’t have people with direct knowledge of some of the other issues.

It was always going to be about PR - which is fair enough really. It’s the usual corporate way. 

I think it’s a good thing - the stuff about kits and prices demonstrates definitively what his views are - not that there was much doubt anyway- and confirms my general opinion of his regime off the pitch. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Me too. Can we have the CBBC version of events?  lol

In a nut shell...Igglepiggle has had his boarding tickets for the Pinky Ponk revoked after already agreeing upon a price. Upsy Daisy reckons that she can't make money on such events even if the Tombliboos, Wottingers et al were all aboard and paying full whack. Quite what Makka Pakka thinks is anyone's guess.

Or is that Cbeebies?

• Haha 3

Just now, Walt said:

In a nut shell...Igglepiggle has had his boarding tickets for the Pinky Ponk revoked after already agreeing upon a price. Upsy Daisy reckons that she can't make money on such events even if the Tombliboos, Wottingers et al were all aboard and paying full whack. Quite what Makka Pakka thinks is anyone's guess.

Or is that Cbeebies?

That's pretty much what happened.