It's a long term relationship.

2 minutes ago, debram said:

going backwards then, promotion anniversary year? the young ones? yes maybe in 5yrs rime

I think so. We've stood still and you can't afford to do that when everyone else are moving forward. Wolves are starting to look awesome and we are starting to look like a squad full of tired out old has beens, the time is upon us where we need a good clear out and an adjustment to the plan. It didn't work but all is not lost.

2 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

I think so. We've stood still and you can't afford to do that when everyone else are moving forward. Wolves are starting to look awesome and we are starting to look like a squad full of tired out old has beens, the time is upon us where we need a good clear out and an adjustment to the plan. It didn't work but all is not lost.

we are but a couple of wins could change that, confidence is a key performer

Just now, debram said:

we are but a couple of wins could change that, confidence is a key performer

I'm the eternal optimist mate, I always think we'll win every game, I've always been the same. But as I get older I've started thinking WTWTCH and plan for that as well.

You can't plan short term unless you're going to throw substantial amounts of money at it, and with the rich owners in the ChampionshipI'm afraid it just isn't doable. Time to think longer term. I think our Chairman has the stomach for it whereas some of the other multi millionaires who have recently come into club ownership do not have the stamina, it's guile and stamina what's required not endless funds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

DC and CC won't be parting anytime soon thank god. All I would say is that after another 10 games they should be about 80% sure whether we'll make it or not this season. I'm pretty sure we'll finish around 8th or 10th TBH. That being said, we have a nucleus of decent young players at the club now, the short term thrust didn't work, time to look at the long game and CC is certainly part of that. So, there is people what need shipping out, people who we need to consolidate our place in the Championship and of course the players who will lead us to the promised land, the young ones.

I think that you are missing a large point here... the likes of Hooper, FF, Westwood and the like, the nucleus of our better part of the playing side, will likely leave and seek their PL ambitions, which doesn't seem to be with us and who could blame them.

A few I think thought this year would be the year, as did the supporters but I do fear a glut of outgoing, of our best players and the spine... now that is worrying!

2 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

DC and CC won't be parting anytime soon thank god. All I would say is that after another 10 games they should be about 80% sure whether we'll make it or not this season. I'm pretty sure we'll finish around 8th or 10th TBH. That being said, we have a nucleus of decent young players at the club now, the short term thrust didn't work, time to look at the long game and CC is certainly part of that. So, there is people what need shipping out, people who we need to consolidate our place in the Championship and of course the players who will lead us to the promised land, the young ones.

Are you for real 

Carlos doesn't play young players. 

10 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Here we go, another idiot enters the debating chamber with his boxing gloves on, grow up will you and learn the art of discussion.

Learn the art of accepting a fact.  Idiot 

31 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I fear it is, and it spells disaster. This is the problem with autocracy. No board/cabinet. I'm withholding funds henceforth, but there aren't enough of us. Too many have season tickets. We're shafted.

I'm with you mate not a penny more out of me until this shambles of a club gets sorted out.

3 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Thats what our lass keeps telling me. 

• Haha 2

DC won’t sack CC as DC doesn’t trust people, DC is in control and has to authorise everything, what decent manager that could realistically get us out of this division would accept a poisoned chalice like that?

Either DC changes and passes responsibility (and budget) to those more “in the know” or we will be looking at new owner(s) shortly....

Energy drinks and Sports clothing not yet established aren't going to save us (or him)...