Club 1867

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Certainly something in this. 

I mean if the money had "dried up" or Chansiri is handcuffed due to FFP (he wants to put more in, but can't), then why in the hell are we treating the entire commercial side of our club with borderline contempt? 

Conversely, if money wasn't so tight, why did he insist corporate customers had to pay everything upfront with no credit terms?

And then follow it up with selling 3 year season tickets so he got all of the money upfront?

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

They weren't worthless, they just weren't liquid.

You could only sell to a Wednesday fan that had £5,000 and fancied parting with it in return for a season ticket for life.

Therefire, moving them on took an age.

No it didn’t, l spent most of the late ‘60’s and early ‘70’s trying to buy one.

As soon as the advertisement in the Star appeared selling one, they went like lightning and normally for more than the asking price. I never got close to being able to buy one.

Tbh if this was any other business apart from the football club you supported would you go within a million miles of it. When you talk to a business acquaintance who works in the Insolvency sector and you ask about the protection for your money and they just laugh you know it's not a good thing.

As someone says above a 3 year season ticket was in itself a calculated gamble that it would be honoured if the business got into trouble.

The reason the plaque is taken off your seat at the end of the season is very simple. If it was on there until the Club got to the Premier League then for FFP it would have to spread the money accounting wise over more than year. Not so good for FFP. So I doff my professional accountants cap to whoever come up with it because it is ruddy clever.

My objection is that if you have 3 year season tickets and this type of scheme you are robbing a lot of revenue from the future. That is what caused the mess that ultimately lead to the High Court steps

Guest Deleted member
1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Tbh if this was any other business apart from the football club you supported would you go within a million miles of it. When you talk to a business acquaintance who works in the Insolvency sector and you ask about the protection for your money and they just laugh you know it's not a good thing.

As someone says above a 3 year season ticket was in itself a calculated gamble that it would be honoured if the business got into trouble.

The reason the plaque is taken off your seat at the end of the season is very simple. If it was on there until the Club got to the Premier League then for FFP it would have to spread the money accounting wise over more than year. Not so good for FFP. So I doff my professional accountants cap to whoever come up with it because it is ruddy clever.

My objection is that if you have 3 year season tickets and this type of scheme you are robbing a lot of revenue from the future. That is what caused the mess that ultimately lead to the High Court steps

Could you put this into laymans terms - you know - for the idiots

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Genuinely interested if anyone on here has bought one other than the chansiris aliases of course 

Edited by steelowl

8 hours ago, Grandad said:

Perhaps give it a go later - busy doing real accounts at the moment 

Guest Deleted member
9 hours ago, Grandad said:

14 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Perhaps give it a go later - busy doing real accounts at the moment 

Appreciate that

Cos one of the idiots I was referring to negged my post.

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

QUESTION

If the club only sells 5 or 6 of these (realistic expectations based on what's on offer) then would they fulfill those orders still?

Yes while under current ownership, but I assume if SWFCltd or whatever it currently is was closed down, goes bust etc nothing stopping a new owner doing this and a new business set up, all commitments would be void unless the new owner WANTED to honour it 

Edited by Spencerowl

6 hours ago, Grandad said:

Appreciate that

Cos one of the idiots I was referring to negged my post.

And you had the cheek to call me a nobhead earlier.

I'm sure you was questioning the logic of them coming off at the end of the season when the they were launched a few weeks back too.

The f*ckin irony, idiot

Edited by Ash76

Guest Deleted member
7 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

And you had the cheek to call me a nobhead earlier.

I'm sure you was questioning the logic of them coming off at the end of the season when the they were launched a few weeks back too.

The f*ckin irony, idiot

Can you tell me how you managed to type no bhead without it doing the word changing thing?

Asking for a friend

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Can you tell me how you managed to type no bhead without it doing the word changing thing?

Asking for a friend

Sure, type Gr andad and it should change it automatically for you

:duntmatter: