The young lad Brookes

poite

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

We're preventing Hirst from developing by not letting him play football. How on earth is that "trying to keep him"?

We want to send him out on loan but only when he signs a contract he isn't ready for the first team or the championship he may be in a year or two the truth is this is about money not getting a run in the team if he did sign he would eventually get his chance 

daft thing his brooks would be at chesterfield had the pigs got all their summer targets in and wouldn't have started today had fatso and Donaldson been fit 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

But people are 

He's playing for them so Hirst should be starting for us..................................... 

Wasn't Brookes the player of the Toulon Tourney that Hirst played in ?

Don't know, but both were selected in best 11 of the tournament.

Think they were joint top scorers as well.

Players for the Toulon Tournament were made up from those not selected for the U20 and U21 tournaments and younger age groups (I.e Hirst)

Brooke's was deemed not good enough for the other squads (which of course reminds us of the favouritism shown for u23s in the premier) He's now chosen to play for Wales u21s. Thought he looked good, should go on to have a good career.

He is of cause two years further on in his career the George, a different position and has already experienced rejection (released by Man City at 18) . Shows what can happen when you get your head down and work hard, bet he's not on anywhere near what the other wonder kids are earning either 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

But people are 

He's playing for them so Hirst should be starting for us..................................... 

Wasn't Brookes the player of the Toulon Tourney that Hirst played in ?

Yes he was but he has now switched allegience to Wales.  Got U21 call up.  He's a full 2 year older than George so cant compare them really in terms of development.  He has had spell out on loan in non league.  George has had no non age group football yet.

4 minutes ago, cazzaswfc said:

Players for the Toulon Tournament were made up from those not selected for the U20 and U21 tournaments and younger age groups (I.e Hirst)

Brooke's was deemed not good enough for the other squads (which of course reminds us of the favouritism shown for u23s in the premier) He's now chosen to play for Wales u21s. Thought he looked good, should go on to have a good career.

He is of cause two years further on in his career the George, a different position and has already experienced rejection (released by Man City at 18) . Shows what can happen when you get your head down and work hard, bet he's not on anywhere near what the other wonder kids are earning either 

He  was too small for Man City.  Seen pictures bck then and he was tiny.  Still looks about 12 now,  looks like he was late developer and has shot up in height.  Only been with United last couple of years but he has had to wait until 20 to get a proper chance.  Some of comments on here make out he is some 16 year old prodigy like Rooney, Giggs or Owen.  All our better youngsters are a year or two younger than Brooks.

Might as well suck him off lads, FFS he was! / is a decent player but we gifted them the game you can't turn up for 20 min in any game and expect to win let alone a derby we let oil tanker Clarke score two (he won't score more than 10 all season) fCe it the defence where poo , when did we last concede 4 at home!??? 

2 years older than Hirst, better player and recently signed a new deal. He was about to go to Chesterfield on loan at the time i believe.

I wonder how much he’s on and i wonder how much Hirst and hid Dad want?

Can’t believe he didn’t refuse to sign it

11 minutes ago, BIG D said:

2 years older than Hirst, better player and recently signed a new deal. He was about to go to Chesterfield on loan at the time i believe.

I wonder how much he’s on and i wonder how much Hirst and hid Dad want?

Can’t believe he didn’t refuse to sign it

Is it possible that manager of Sheff Utd told him he will be part of the first team there, and will get fair chance to prove if he is good enough for Championship football ?

Guest We Shall Overcome

When the new manager finally comes to Sheffield 6, George will get his Chances, it will be up to him to take them just like his Dad did.

Edited by We Shall Overcome

7 minutes ago, malek said:

Is it possible that manager of Sheff Utd told him he will be part of the first team there, and will get fair chance to prove if he is good enough for Championship football ?

You do realise he’s 2 years younger than Brookes (and not as good) don’t you?

What was Brookes doing at his age considering United were a struggling League 1 club at the time?

Edited by BIG D

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Utterly outstanding ??   He’s a good player but he’s probably had harder opposition at academy level than he got today from Jones and Bannan 

Will get marked out of the game by better sides at this level 

What!! like us?

13 minutes ago, BIG D said:

You do realise he’s 2 years younger than Brookes (and not as good) don’t you?

What was Brookes doing at his age considering United were a struggling League 1 club at the time?

He showed much more potential then Brooks at his age. Why do you think that he is nowhere near as good as Brooks is ? They both played U-23 football last year, and Hirst did better, they both did well for England...

9 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Ive seen both players and Hirst is nowhere near as good as Brookes.

he may be in the future. Hirst is being badly advised and it’s stopping him playing.

Again, why do you think he was badly advised ? If he is not getting contract he think is fair, surely he is supposed to stend up for himself ?!

5 minutes ago, malek said:

Again, why do you think he was badly advised ? If he is not getting contract he think is fair, surely he is supposed to stend up for himself ?!

The lad Brookes has recently signed a new contract at United and i cant imagine it is an amazing one.

The next one he signs probably will be though.

7 minutes ago, BIG D said:

The lad Brookes has recently signed a new contract at United and i cant imagine it is an amazing one.

The next one he signs probably will be though.

Yes, but he got promise of first team football as well. They took him on their pre season, gave him squad number and fair chance to prove himself. Don't think Hirst was offered that much.

6 minutes ago, malek said:

Yes, but he got promise of first team football as well. They took him on their pre season, gave him squad number and fair chance to prove himself. Don't think Hirst was offered that much.

He was about to go on loan to Chesterfield which is the position Hirst could be in

Edited by BIG D