The young lad Brookes

poite

Fair play to Wilder for trusting in his young prospect although he is unexperienced and very slightly built.

Absolutly murdered us today. 

If he was on our books, he would have been nowhere near first team, nevermind starting such a huge game.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

He's clearly a talent. But I think it's more of a case of him being an unknown, we had to try and work him out during the game. 

For example he got free from lees in the second minute. At that nervy stage Lees reacted by bringing him down/wanting to put a foot in. But he was on his right foot at this stage and it was clear that he didn't have one, nor would he have scored. We panicked and he got a free kick and they scored. It was the match in a nutshell.

What a load of crap! Are you a post match crap writer for Carlos?

Edited by Frazzlebeak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, poite said:

Utterly outstanding for them today. I've heard the United fans singing his praises and now I see why. He's only 19.

Makes you wonder, if only we had a very young, talented, upcoming forward on our books. Oh wait, we do, he's called George Hirst but he never gets a look in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that George Hirst would have won us the game today. Christ, neymar wouldn't have won us the game today but it just shows what young players can do. All this money and spending is stopping players like Hirst getting a chance. Shame

Said this ^^^^ at the end of the game.  Him and George are best mates with England but we prefer an established somewhat zimmer-frame attack than giving a Sheffield lad who understands exactly what it means to us, a chance to show what he can offer.  Frustrating !! Mercenaries are fine if they can shoot (no pun intended) but if no passion, no good.  I would be nearer accepting a result like today if we gave our youngsters a chance and let them show us how much they value the shirt. The take it for granted, thanks fo the big wages brigade is no longer doing it fo me. (Hic)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, poite said:

Utterly outstanding for them today. I've heard the United fans singing his praises and now I see why. He's only 19.

Makes you wonder, if only we had a very young, talented, upcoming forward on our books. Oh wait, we do, he's called George Hirst but he never gets a look in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that George Hirst would have won us the game today. Christ, neymar wouldn't have won us the game today but it just shows what young players can do. All this money and spending is stopping players like Hirst getting a chance. Shame

Im sure if we weren't spending DC and the club would be getting some serious stick and maybe Brooks is  a different kettle of fish, most "experts" I know who have actually seen him play, say he isn't ready lol

1 hour ago, poite said:

I agree he was outstanding...what hes doing there I cant imagine but different player to hirst..Our forwards imo did little wrong... somewhere between defence and midfield was the issue cause they bossed us right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes he looked good and it would be nice to have some of our own youngsters pushing for the first team 

but brooks is effectively in the shop window and will be gone a soon as a decent bid comes in and whatever the wrongs and rights of the hirst saga at least we are trying to keep him 

3 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

You need to be in the " Give your head a shake" thread

I'm still not sure what your issue is. I've said he's going to be a talent on that evidence but that we didn't show him onto his weaker foot and played right into their hands.

If you think different then fair enough. 

Edited by Bluesteel

11 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I'm still not sure what your issue is.

He's clearly a talent. But I think it's more of a case of him being an unknown, we had to try and work him out during the game. 

For example he got free from lees in the second minute. At that nervy stage Lees reacted by bringing him down/wanting to put a foot in. But he was on his right foot at this stage and it was clear that he didn't have one, nor would he have scored. We panicked and he got a free kick and they scored. It was the match in a nutshell.

This tripe! Capici?

Good player. Very promising. 

Then again he was given a free role to do as he pleased.

Great managment to give 10 a role to play to allow the kid to roam.

That's how to bring a kid in and not give him pressure.

I suspect if we played a system where we could say to Kieran Lee "the lads are going to play like this....you just go and do what you want" he'd be lighting the place up week in and week out.

2 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

This tripe! Capici?

Whatever. 

There are loads of rough edges to his game that we didn't exploit. Even experienced players were positioning  themselves the wrong side of him.

The same defence made Clarke look like Lukaku.