The young lad Brookes

poite

16 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

Yes he looked good and it would be nice to have some of our own youngsters pushing for the first team 

but brooks is effectively in the shop window and will be gone a soon as a decent bid comes in and whatever the wrongs and rights of the hirst saga at least we are trying to keep him 

Even if that were true, at least Brooks is playing at the moment and very positively contributing for them.

Meanwhile our big white hope isn't playing any football and is probably going backwards. Please explain to me the point of keeping him if we don't play him? 

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Another quality player unearthed by their academy. Maybe we should start to play our academy players or do what Huddersfield have done. I wonder why we didn't get a sniff of Brooks when he left Manchester City's academy under the so-called arrangement where their released players come to Wednesday? Do we just end of with the dregs?

Yes the few we have got from Man City we ended up releasing a couple of years later having not received a pro contract.  Brad McDonough, Mason Duffy, Josh Stachini.  Devante Rodney got 6 mths but he had been injured throughout his 2 years.  I think we just had one year of that arrangement.  Had none of their released players since.  Not surprising really!

1 minute ago, Vernon1867 said:

I don't understand how he can be so good, none of us have ever heard of him (well we have now because he tore us a new arsehole, but before yesterday he was a complete unknown)

Not a total unknown.  United been raving about him for a while.  He was player of the tournament for England in the Toulon which Hirst was topscorer in.  Ran the show for England.  Has now switched to Wales.  A lot wanted him in the team last season.   Was going to Chesterfield on loan for the season but United changed their mind after seeing the Toulon tournament.