Message from Keiren Westwood

18 hours ago, SiJ said:

Slightly exaggeration. 

His kicking isn't always the best, but not sure why you and a few others are over doing it with the criticism. 

Anything to have a pop at a player though. 

Nope, I can prove it and I have always said this about Westwood. 

Taken from sofascore.com

Westwoods Long Balls vs (accuracy)

Brentford            29    (9)
Forest                 17    (9)

Burton                11    (3)
Sunderland         13   (4)
QPR                    20   (6)

Preston               39   (12)

Overall:  129 - 43 = 33.33% accuracy 

Each time Westwood gives away possession it puts us under pressure. 

Westwood needs to stop the long balls and pass it to his CB. 

Edited by iliveinthenow

8 minutes ago, iliveinthenow said:

Westwood needs to stop the long balls and pass it to his CB. 

It's a funny one really because he got two assists the year before last by just leathering it down the length of the field. Though they were drop kicks rather than floor kicks. 

Who he gives the ball too depends on the danger I suppose. It might be instructed to hoof it. 

Look at Forests keeper the other week.Clearly been told to give it to defenders wherever possible. 

Gives the ball to his defender, Wallace pressures, the keeper gets it back under pressure and just ends up shanking it to Bannan.  If he just walloped it first time down the pitch they might have given the ball to Wednesday. But they have given it to us 70 yards from their goal and with most chaps behind the ball. 

Swings and roundabouts.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's a funny one really because he got two assists the year before last by just leathering it down the length of the field. Though they were drop kicks rather than floor kicks. 

Who he gives the ball too depends on the danger I suppose. It might be instructed to hoof it. 

Look at Forests keeper the other week.Clearly been told to give it to defenders wherever possible. 

Gives the ball to his defender, Wallace pressures, the keeper gets it back under pressure and just ends up shanking it to Bannan.  If he just walloped it first time down the pitch they might have given the ball to Wednesday. But they have given it to us 70 yards from their goal and with most chaps behind the ball. 

Swings and roundabouts.

But do you think giving the ball away 66% of the time is good enough? 

Edited by iliveinthenow

Imagine if Ola Tidman had to apologise after every gaffe?

His shirt would look like this on the back.....

Tidman

(sorry about that)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, iliveinthenow said:

But do you think giving the ball away 66% of the time is good enough? 

Depends. What are the stats for how many times it has cost us a goal directly?

He could get himself  a 100% success rate by passing it 3 feet for Lees to leather upfield instead -  But Im not sure it would make him a better goalkeeper.

yes those long balls  but surely our players can see where  it's gonna land as well as the opposition. Do our guys compete at all for them or just shuffle a few feet and look fed up.......................................................

gets coat.................:ph34r:

Kept us in more games than I can count over the past couple of seasons. His mistakes are highlighted because of his position.

One thing I will say is that he looks a tad, how shall I put it and not sound catty, a touch tubbier than in previous seasons. !!! I am no Mr Slimsea myself, but he does seem a bit slower in his movements.:ph34r: