V. SETÚBAL EMPRESTA FREDERICO VENÂNCIO AO SHEFFIELD DE CARLOS CARVALHAL

4 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Of course, I'll give him that chance but it appears the cash has dried up if he is the chosen one after 200 reviews

Take it you choose to ignore the chairman's statement on investment and just prefer to continuously post negative drivel in a smarmy, unfunny manner.

13 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Fair enough mate. I've just become a little cynical that this is the best we can come up with after apparently reviewing 200 CBs. The money has clearly dried up following our awful recruitment

I don't disagree there, but I think we will be better placed to judge at the end of the window given that we seem to want a couple of centre backs and potentially a defensive central midfielder if squad numbers mean anything.

Sasso always looked technically sound but not the most physical. This guy seems bigger physically and has a better cv. We might get a nice surprise and save a few million. After all, if Sasso was stronger and more aggressive he would probably have been the perfect centre half.

Or he could be an absolute donkey which I think is less likely. But we will see...

Edited by Bluesteel

14 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

There's being unconvinced and then there's your posts on the signing, 'desperation' and 'signing anyone' are hardly indicators you think he will be any good........

This exactly !

Sick of some of the precious spoilt brats posting on here lately !

Just now, Tyto Alba said:

Give the lad a chance, he may be just what we need.

A centre back?

Yes, you are 100% correct on that one.

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Take it you choose to ignore the chairman's statement on investment and just prefer to continuously post negative drivel in a smarmy, unfunny manner.

Bleedin ell! Someone's not quite grasped that this is an open forum of differering opinions. And that throwing out lazy insults to those whose opinion differs from yours says more about you than it does me.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 minutes ago, Wild Will Smith said:

Not as much as your teacher is at your spelling.

Technically it's a grammar mistake not a spelling mistake!  :ph34r:

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Technically it's a grammar mistake not a spelling mistake!  :ph34r:

Oh yes, you're correct. You're and your are heterographs, he used the wrong one in error, so this would qualify as a grammatical error. Though we both know he really can't spell.

Believe he was their captain so will be nice to have another leader on the pitch. Maybe with us only signing him on an initial loan it will mean we can spend cash on a fast winger. Wishful thinking? Shame that it looks like we won't be after Dean and Brentford though, 2 million seemed a great deal. 

30 minutes ago, Eightace said:

Could be decent.

We only need cover anyway really.

Not going to grumble if we get him.

If we're spending any money on a new player I would hope they are better than Lees and Loovens. Enough of this adding more squad players nonsense!

36 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Vitória Futebol Clube – SAD has loaned central defender Frederico Venâncio to Sheffield Wednesday for one year, with an option to purchase on the part of the club from the Championship, the English second tier, at the end of the 2017/2018 league season. Frederico Venâncio, aged 24, was due to finish his contract with Vitória at the end of the current season but signed on for another three seasons up to 30 June 2021 before being loaned to the English club. Frederico Venâncio has long held the ambition to play in England, an ambition which Vitória has decided to accede to taking into account the wishes of the player, a team captain who had been learning his trade at the club since the under 13's, and the opportunity to extend the contract for three more years. 

"My thanks to the management of Vitória Futebol Clube – SAD for having understood how important it was to me to embrace this new challenge. Vitória Futebol Clube – SAD is in my heart, it is a part of me, which is why I had no hesitation in agreeing to renew my contract for another three years. I am leaving for England, but I will have the club and my colleagues always in my thoughts and I will stay in touch with everyone in the hope that plans made will work out", said Venâncio . 

Vitória Futebol Clube – SAD wishes Frederico Venâncio every success in this new phase of his professional career.
Edited by dmw
missed word out when translating