Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

1 minute ago, Jaybeeowl said:

They're priced out when it suits. By definition. But with the feelgood factor slowly diminishing the gates are naturally going to go the same way. I can't see you can argue otherwise or even, by implication, blame the fans for not going in the numbers they used to. We are an exceptionally loyal fanbase but we can only be pushed so far. Saturdays attendance bears this out

I'm not going to blame anyone if they don't want to go but they haven't been priced out.

27 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I'm not going to blame anyone if they don't want to go but they haven't been priced out.

They've been priced out if the reason why they're not going is because "I'm not paying that after last week's performance" even if they would go if there was a feel-good factor at the club

Just now, RockieOwl said:

They've been priced out if the reason why they're not going is because "I'm not paying that after last week's performance" even if they would go if there was a feel-good factor at the club

lol

No they haven't

2 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

It it just makes no sense to go to the fans with a begging bowl like 1867 and get this side so wrong. 

If DCs thought process is to sponsor them himself at inflated rates then fine but for whelatever reason it doesn't happen and thus creates lost revenue stream. Boxes the same issue, digital marketing, merchandise how many others are there not utilised properly? 

Its very bizarre for what is a clever business man. 

http://htafccommercial.com/partners/

http://htafccommercial.com/

This was all in place long before they went up.

In actual money terms, noone is priced out. But if the product is not good and expensive, not many people are going to go. If cheaper, then they will be more likely to go. Same goes for houses, cars, holidays, clothes, food, shoes, whatever, if you can afford the product, want the product, but think it's too expensive and go for something else or don't go for it at all, I would say they're priced out. You disagree obviously and think even if it was £50, £60, £70 a game, then everyone should pay for that too

13 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

http://htafccommercial.com/partners/

http://htafccommercial.com/

This was all in place long before they went up.

They poached a commercial manager (Sean Jarvis) from another club and he's completely modernised and professionalised this area of the business. They seem from the outside to be way ahead of us in this area. 

13 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

In actual money terms, noone is priced out. But if the product is not good and expensive, not many people are going to go. If cheaper, then they will be more likely to go. Same goes for houses, cars, holidays, clothes, food, shoes, whatever, if you can afford the product, want the product, but think it's too expensive and go for something else or don't go for it at all, I would say they're priced out. You disagree obviously and think even if it was £50, £60, £70 a game, then everyone should pay for that too

No I don't.

Priced out means 'cannot afford to go' and unfortunately some people are in this situation.

The people you refer to are in the 'I'm not paying £36 to watch that' camp. Which is their right but they are not being priced out.

We have different definitions then.

But I'm sure you agree that the price is one of the main reasons why we had a disappointing crowd despite it being the first home league of the season, the last home game on Saturday at 3 for three months. That and the product obviously.

This pricing will backfire if results are poor. Hopefully we are just in a blip, as we are at the start of every season, results and performances improve and we get more people turning up

19 minutes ago, BIG D said:

No I don't.

Priced out means 'cannot afford to go' and unfortunately some people are in this situation.

The people you refer to are in the 'I'm not paying £36 to watch that' camp. Which is their right but they are not being priced out.

But if it was £20 they still might - so price is a factor.

7 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I fully agree but they are choosing not to go, they aren't being priced out.

Semantics - if my local chippy started charging £25 for fish and chips I could afford to pay it but I'm not going to. I'd say they'd priced me out. But it's an argument we've had in the past and Chansiri is firmly in control of it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I fully agree but they are choosing not to go, they aren't being priced out.

Maybe they are choosing not go because they have been priced out. The attendance is 2000 down on last year's opener which was also on the telly. Last year's 27k average home gate was excellent considering the overpriced tickets and a good measure of just how much positivity there was around the club. Another measure is the good sales figures for that terrible kit. These things don't last forever though and a chairman with more than a couple of seasons experience of football would know this and , maybe, act accordingly

54 minutes ago, Jaybeeowl said:

The attendance is 2000 down on last year's opener which was also on the telly.  

So more home supporters at this years home opener then?

10 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Still disappointing given the lack of TV coverage and compared with Leeds and the Pigs eg.  But I didn't mean to sideline stuff and get into a ticket price debate - that battle is lost for the time being - I simply think it was a disappointing crowd and with small walk up/away turn out not good for finances was my point.   

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Still disappointing given the lack of TV coverage and compared with Leeds and the Pigs eg.  But I didn't mean to sideline stuff and get into a ticket price debate - that battle is lost for the time being - I simply think it was a disappointing crowd and with small walk up/away turn out not good for finances was my point.   

Was par for the course imo, had we beat Preston it could have touched 27k. The measure will come at the end of the season so yeah price debate not relevant right now 

2 hours ago, kristmace said:

They poached a commercial manager (Sean Jarvis) from another club and he's completely modernised and professionalised this area of the business. They seem from the outside to be way ahead of us in this area. 

Where as we appear from the outside to be using less experienced staff in this area.

Guest Deleted member
3 hours ago, BIG D said:

What was the 'aggresive' response?

Unless I've missed it I've not seen mention of this incident.

Apparently he was told in no uncertain terms to not complain and just pay it

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

He's referring to home attendance. There was over 30,000 against Villa so over 4,000 extra at that match in total, estimating 2,000 less Wednesday fans against QPR