Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

38 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

He's referring to home attendance. There was over 30,000 against Villa so over 4,000 extra at that match in total, estimating 2,000 less Wednesday fans against QPR

Ahh, my mistake. Yes it is disappointing but I guess that's more to do with performance at Preston, 2nd play off hang over, general negativity around the place and poor recruitment.

Was it cheaper Saturday than it was against Villa too?

8 hours ago, Grandad said:

I know someone who has sponsored a non regular first team player for £1500 a season regularly - who has been quoted £6800 plus VAT this year for the same player

They raised it at the Steering Group - and were very disappointed with the aggressive response from the Chairman. 

well that shocks me 

6 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

You're waffling on pal. If someone is trying to borrow £2100 off you and they claim they had £6000000 a few weeks ago, would you not ask them what they've done with the money?

No. I'd expect them to spend it when the right player became available within budget. If the cost of joining the 1867 scheme is someone's way of further supporting the club, then that's up to them. They must share DC's ambition & recognise his financial commitment already. Sniping at the owner is petty, because you don't trust him. Listen to what he says. We need to raise capital to avoid ffp, or we'll get an embargo. Now that really would give you something to criticise.

6 hours ago, BIG D said:

No I don't.

Priced out means 'cannot afford to go' and unfortunately some people are in this situation.

The people you refer to are in the 'I'm not paying £36 to watch that' camp. Which is their right but they are not being priced out.

Well I feel priced out and I can afford it. 

I feel priced out from Hillsborough because I don't like feeling  fleeced. Another example would be I could afford to go to my local pub if it was £6 a pint but I would not buy beer at that price I would stop going. 

Back on topic as anybody actually bought 'this supa dupa plaque deal thingy' yet 

15 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

No. I'd expect them to spend it when the right player became available within budget. If the cost of joining the 1867 scheme is someone's way of further supporting the club, then that's up to them. They must share DC's ambition & recognise his financial commitment already. Sniping at the owner is petty, because you don't trust him. Listen to what he says. We need to raise capital to avoid ffp, or we'll get an embargo. Now that really would give you something to criticise.

You say we need to raise capital to avoid ffp but the club claims just a few weeks ago we bid £6000000 for a defender. If the selling club had accepted our bid was the future or our club not being put into danger?

There's a 14 page thread on the fans forum where everybody expresses their intense love of DC.

Wanting to borrow money from fans just after claiming you'd bid £6000000 for a defender doesn't sit right and I am shocked not one person at the meeting had the intelligence to question this.

13 hours ago, Geedee said:

Well I feel priced out and I can afford it. 

I feel priced out from Hillsborough because I don't like feeling  fleeced. Another example would be I could afford to go to my local pub if it was £6 a pint but I would not buy beer at that price I would stop going. 

Back on topic as anybody actually bought 'this supa dupa plaque deal thingy' yet 

Not sure it's available through the website yet, all I can see is "check back in the coming days" (which was posted on announcement).

On 15/08/2017 at 10:15, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Not sure it's available through the website yet, all I can see is "check back in the coming days" (which was posted on announcement).

Thats what i see when i checked the official site to see if we have signed anyone. 

• Haha 1

Just now, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Still nowt as far as i can see.

Strange.

I was going to ask if anyone had actually done it, but then realised I wasn't even sure if it had been launched.

All that fanfare and then the fuss with the fan meeting- the intimation that without a good take up we'd have to rethink budgets and then nothing it appears.

21 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Strange.

I was going to ask if anyone had actually done it, but then realised I wasn't even sure if it had been launched.

All that fanfare and then the fuss with the fan meeting- the intimation that without a good take up we'd have to rethink budgets and then nothing it appears.

Agreed 

How very bizarre. A sad reflection of the club at the moment. Things are run in a very ad hoc manner to say the least 

On 15/08/2017 at 10:11, Geoffrey said:

You say we need to raise capital to avoid ffp but the club claims just a few weeks ago we bid £6000000 for a defender. If the selling club had accepted our bid was the future or our club not being put into danger?

There's a 14 page thread on the fans forum where everybody expresses their intense love of DC.

Wanting to borrow money from fans just after claiming you'd bid £6000000 for a defender doesn't sit right and I am shocked not one person at the meeting had the intelligence to question this.

Give it a flipping break calling everyone who attended thick because they never asked a question you would have liked asking but couldn't be arsed to attend the meeting.

Why doesn't the chairman hire all season ticket holders to clean their seat then pay them a fee that equates to the money he is wanting to generate instead of trying fleece the fans? Also what happens when our recruitment team waste the money generated on players that won't be an improvement on the first team, aren't the type of player the head coach wants, rely on service from other areas which are experiencing a famine?

Guest Deleted member

Why doesn't the Chairman just sponsor Hillsborough?

(Rhetorical question)

Edited by Deleted member

Guest Kameron
53 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Why doesn't the Chairman just sponsor Hillsborough?

(Rhetorical question)

Because he's blown his budget, he needed promotion within two seasons for a reason.

Although I doubt it, I for one hope this idea has been quietly dropped so that my fellow Wednesday fans are not mis-sold the reason for this or do it out of some misplaced blind loyalty

But yes you are all big enough and ugly enough to make your own minds up 

9 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Strange.

I wonder if there has been a genuine rethink on DC's part.

The second I heard his target of 20,000 uptake on the membership I thought he'd massively overestimated how much disposable income most football fans have. Not to mention the inclination to provide a billionaire with a (possibly) non-refundable loan.

There needs to be more incentive for the fans. A seat plaque is a gimmick. Maybe if he could offer a refund on the membership fee after a certain period...or maybe that's an illegal way of getting round FFP. Who knows.