OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

6 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

To be fair they could all just sit on the centre for the 90 minutes smoking Cubans and looking at naughty pictures of Lewis McGugan's missus and you'd still come on and say they were busting a gut to win the game.

Did we have the chances to beat them ? 

Plus i said on RS that it wasn't good enough because they didn't take the chances so your criticism is neither true nor valid

6 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Didn't realise CP was a dietician 

Says a lot though doesn’t it when you have a former player (and England international) coming out saying the players look unfit.

I’m not saying Palmer is the authority on such matters but considering he played the vast majority of his career in the Premier League where you have to be physically fit, I value his opinion more than I do yours.

Edited by TrickyTrev

24 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

so Reach didn't miss a sitter and Joao didn't head over from 3 yards ...................... ok 

The Lino flagged for the Joao chance. Your view that we should have beaten them is an opinion. Mine is Wolves looked comfortable and had plenty in reserve if they needed it. But that’s just an opinion of course. 

I’d say the fact we aren’t able to sustain a decent tempo for 90 minutes suggests we aren’t fit enough. 

When people talk about our lack of physicality, although players who can bench 100kg for warm up and do the 100m in sub an hour and half would be nice, it’s their lack of durability that concerns me. 

Anyone who who went to pre-season and didn’t admire the beer gut on Bannan and Hooper to name two is a liar. 

• Haha 1

Tbf we are incredibly sluggish and our pressing is often non-existent. 

Perhaps that's to do with lack of fitness or our way of setting up to play. 

Needless to say, we are worlds away from the team who competed so well in this division only a couple of years ago.